Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domino is finally in peace...

Domino is finally in peace...

I am so sad to break the news to you guys...but Domino, after fighting 5 long months, passed away early this morning. My heart is in tears and I'm crying for him...it was so hard waking up and finding him at rest. My poor little guy; he was doing so much better over the last few months after returning from the vet, but then over the last few days, Domino couldn't eat for whatever reason. He tried so hard, and wanted to eat the carrots, lettuce, oranges, and pellets I gave him, but he couldn't; why I'll never know. Last night he was pretty lifeless, and I found him lying peacefully in the corner of his cage this morning. Oh, I feel so bad, but we sure did everything we could for Domino, and he finally gave up the fight. I knew it was coming, but it's still really hard. Domino lived a long and adventurous life with me (he would have been 4 this July) and I am grateful for the time I spent with him, and the love he gave me!

I got Domino from a breeder back in September 2002, when he was only 2 months old. He picked me really, out of the hundreds of other cavies around. It was not long after my previous guinea pig, Marble had passed on, and his brother Cuddles was alone now. Domino filled the void for Cuddles, and they became the best of friends. A few months after Dom came home, we moved from California to Kentucky, and Domino and Cuddles came along with us on the road trip!! It was so fun having them along as we secretly "hid" them in the hotels we stayed in and they experienced traveling across the U.S. Cuddles passed on a year later, and Domino was by himself. I worried about him, but he thrived! He was always there for a squeak or purr for me, and was just the best little cavy ever!! I will miss him so much!!!

I love you Dom, please don't ever forget that, and I tried. But I know you are in peace now, never to be in pain again. I looked forward to hearing your squeaks and purrs every night when I came home, and the eager little face that was so happy to be alive! Thanks for the wonderful 3 1/2 years you spent with me; I'll never forget you!

I know Domino will also miss Beamer...after his buddy, Cuddles passed on over 2 years ago, I know she came here in spirit!

Rest in peace my boy!

July 1, 2002--April 6, 2006

(if I find any pics of Domino and Cuddles I'll post them)

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I LOVE YOU DOMINO!!!!!!!!

All my love,

Katie

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

RIP little one
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I am so sorry, Katie. RIP, Domino, you were much loved.

Oh no. I am so sorry about Domino. He was always one of my favorite guinea pigs. I really hate to hear about him passing, but you know that he is in a better place with no suffering. I know it must be hard, but we are here for you anytime you need to talk.

-hugs-

I am really sorry, Katie. (((hugs))) my Rosie will happily show him the ropes and be his friend. here she is so he knows who to look for.
    if you ever need to talk, I am here. (((hugs))) R.I.P. Domino, you were deeply loved and deeply missed.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry Domino lived a long happy life with you, and I can tell you loved him very much. Rest easy, little Dom (((hugs)))

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Aw, poor Dom, you squeaky little boy!!!!!! I feel so bad for you!! He had a long, adventurous life!! Sounds like he got tons of treats too! He was the most lucky piggy ever to have a owner like YOU, Katie! Thats why he picked you!! I'm sure he will be the finest and most handsome cavy at the rainbow bridge! Rest in Peace, baby boy!! You'll be remembered forever!!

{{{{HUGSSSS}}}}
    Last edited by joanofark; 04-06-2006 at 02:07 PM.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

I am so sorry Katie!! RIP Domino!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Oh Katie... I am at a loss of words.

I am so, so, sorry for your loss of sweet Dom. Sending lots of gentle hugs your way...

Rest in peace little Domino and please say hi to my little piggie boy 'Rusty'.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Oh Katie I am so sorry to hear of Domino's passing, what a sweet little guy he was. I know that cuddles was waiting for him at the rainbow bridge.

Rest in peace little one.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Katie,
    I am so sorry Dom passed on. Dom, your owner loved you very much and tried very hard to make you better. Live easy up there Dom. You'll see Sunny up there to Domino. Hope he greets you thereAgian, Katie Im so sorry for your loss.
    Hugs,
    Alyssa

RIP Domino You were loved not only by Katie and her family, but by the PT family, too. I'm so glad he isn't suffering any longer.

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Domino, you are so loved. May we all see you again at the Rainbow Bridge. R.I.P....sweet one.

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry. Domino had a great life with you and your family. {hugs} May he Rest in Peace.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla