Thread: Anyone Use TurboTax

Anyone Use TurboTax

I've been using it for a few years now and found it very helpful.
    Finished my federal & now working on the state tax forms.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

We used it this year. I like how I can save it and come back later and finish. It was easy to use.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

My husband's used it for several years, loves it. And he itemizes everything. We seem to get money back every year, too!

I started using it a few years ago because I was always having problems understanding the state tax form correctly (very confusing). There seemed to be a lot of changes this year so I also had a CPA friend check the forms. State refund is in the bank!

I filed the EZ form and went to our states tax online and filed there because it is FREE! Turbo wanted extra for state.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    I filed the EZ form and went to our states tax online and filed there because it is FREE! Turbo wanted extra for state.
    Yup, I used it to fill out stuff at first so I could see if I was doing it right, then I went to a site online (taxslayer.com) that filed them both for free And I got my return back in ten days

facebook

The look of the software has changed this year. I live in one state and work in another and always get confused.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder
    The look of the software has changed this year. I live in one state and work in another and always get confused.
    If you haven't changed work or living status, Turbo just transfers last
    years info for you. It saves a lot of typing.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

This was my third year of using it. I shopped around and found the version I use was priced the best at Walmart. It does appear that they change (improve) the software some each year, so it has a bit of a learning curve, but still somehow I manage. It certainly doesn't make the mistakes my tax preparer had made in the past. One big complaint that I have is after I load it, I have to download the *updates* which with a dial up service takes forever . It makes me wonder if everything is downloaded. There can't be that many changes from the time the product comes out and the time taxes are done.

I'm so proud that I completed my taxes at the end of February.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France