Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Baskets (sssshhhhhhh...don't tell Lillycat!)

Easter Baskets (sssshhhhhhh...don't tell Lillycat!)

Alright. Growing up, we had Easter Baskets every single Easter. They were stuffed full of candy, small toys, and hidden through out the house. We would search all over for ours, and not tell someone else when we found theirs. Apparently, Lillycat took a blow to the head, as she absolutely cannot recall such fun, and ALWAYS blabs on about how I will be ruining Jonah's health (for life, apparently) if I indulge him in such a tradition. Like ten pounds of chocolate at one sitting is BAD?

I am doing it..she is NOT the boss of me anymore (don't tell her I said that, please!!!), and it is MY house, and I will swear Jonah to sweet secrecy. I think Easter egg hunts are F-U-N, Easter Baskets are as necessary as fine Easter duds for Easter Sunday, and it helps bring in the Spring season!

What do you guys think? Do/did you have Easter Baskets? Hunts? Want me to send YOU a basket? He he he....maybe I should say, "the first ten recipients to respond..blah, blah, blah"

We always had Easter baskets growing up. The Easter bunny hid them all over the house. I make one up every year for my furkids, no chocolate, of course. Jonah definately needs the bunny to bring him a basket full of candy!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I love getting easter baskets, every year until the year I moved out my mom made me one. Sometimes if I am able to go home for Easter, I'll come home and find an easter basket on my bed. I want to make one for Alexa this year, but right now we are both in MAJOR saving mode so I'm not sure if I'll make her one this year. I made her one the first year we were together and it was her first easter basker ever! I put lots of yummy candy in it (good chocolates like Lindor bunnies), some fun little travel games since she travels so often and toys like play-doh and silly putty because even as a grown up it's still fun
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Vote:

3 for Jonah getting a basket

0 for Jonah being deprived and irreparably harmed

Feel free to PM me for my address so you can mail me my easter basket
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

we always had baskets and I still make them for my adult kids. I'm making one for my unborn grand baby send her the chocolte via mom. You should see the one I'm making for hubby. I'm putting oh shoot almost blew it I forgot he's on here now too. Pm me I;ll tell ya what. I always love to get baskets. (hint)
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

I will be keeping both Laura and Corinna in mind for baskets this year!

I LOVE them, and Jonah is getting one HUGE basket from the Mr. E. Bunny

We always had Easter baskets when we were kids and had the same tradition for our kids. They had baskets for a lot of years - I'm a thinking even until Amy was in college. Then we just started getting them their favorite Easter candy instead of a basket of things that didn't get eaten and were left to go stale.

Last year I didn't get Jasmine a basket cuase she has a mean mommy. But she got some books and stuffed toys. Probably won't get her much candy this year either cause her mommy won't let her eat it cause she might get messy or soemthing. (Good thing Christy doesn't have time to get on pet Talk anymore, huh?) And anyone who tattles is in real trouble with me.

(Johanna, I like the malted milk ball eggs and Jelly beans (not spiced ones though) and.... Oh heck, anything chocolate!)

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

We always found a big empty basket on the couch and had to search for the rest filling our huge basket. Have fun Jonah these fun things don't last long!!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I loved getting Easter baskets as a child!
    I think you should spoil Jonah!

My mom did it 2 yrs in a row. I was 14 & 15yrs old. I cheated. I took Max (RIP dog) & pointed to all sorts of areas of the house, telling him to search (I taught him so many usefull things hehe). I found sooo many. He even found some that were 6 feet up! I didn't even have to get them myself either.. He would grab the chocolate eggs & spit them on the floor for me. SO all I had to do was pick them up off the floor & every so often give him a carrot I was sooo bad hahaha

As my mom already said, we got Easter baskets for a long. I remember getting clothes, CD's and other cool things as we out grew the need for 8 tons of candy!
    I know Ralph's family did the Easter basket thing too, as his mom still colors eggs and makes one for each of the dogs.

So yes, Jonah should have his! And if you just happen to have any extra Greater's choclate laying around, you have my address!!

We didn't get baskets exactly, but we had candy hidden all over the house. Sometimes we found those marshmellow egg things months later! It was great fun. My Mom still sends me a chocolate bunny every year! Jonah should definately have some Easter goodies!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I love Easter baskets. my grandma would always make us older kids a basket full of candy. I think I will have to go get myself one.

Annette,

that sounds like a great idea to make up easter baskets for your pets! I may do that.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I love Easter baskets!! I think it's great that you give Jonah one, too .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography