Thread: In heat again??

In heat again??

Snoopy is in heat again! Two weeks ago, she was too, but it only lasted 1 day . Today she has been flirting with her scratchtower all the time, she keeps turning on her back, makes funny noises, and when I massage her "butt, she lifts her tail and butt, and starts making happy feet with her hind legs....
    Oh my, she also looks zo pathetic at her sisters....
    There is a little good thing though: she meows a lot, but it is soundless. Maybe she is deaf indeed and doesn't hear her own voice??

I wonder how often this will happen to her! The vet wants to wait with fixing her, as she is a bit delicate with that brestbone . Better wait till she is a bit stronger
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

You are in a difficult position and may want to check in with your vet again. I had a cat, Thisbe, who went into heat every two weeks or less. We had to delay her surgery for a few years due to other serious health problems, and she did develop mammary and then lung cancer in her early teens. If your vet only wants to wait a few more months, that should have little impact, but you may want to tell her about the frequency. Snoopy is such a love and with so many issues, I'm glad she is in your good care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    If your vet only wants to wait a few more months, that should have little impact, but you may want to tell her about the frequency.
    Okay, I will do that next Monday then!! Thanks for the advise
    My little Snoopy is to precious for me to let anything bad happen to her!! She is my little baby now
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Wow! What a delima! They have birth control for cats, can the vet put her on that?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    Wow! What a delima! They have birth control for cats, can the vet put her on that?
    I hate those pills for cats... . My nephews cat died of cancer because she took the cat-pill for many years. It is known to have that side-effect....
    But I will talk to the vet and ask for the best solution.

Will be thinking of dear little Snoopy
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

On a different note, a reason for LES - "My little baby is growing up!"

Hugs and best wishes for Snoopy Woopy!

Catty1

Maybe this is in Bad Taste,but the Breeder told me about a glass rod that she uses on the Unspayed Females when they are in Haet,but not ready to breed.
    I think you are better off going to the Vets.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy

I wonder how often this will happen to her! The vet wants to wait with fixing her, as she is a bit delicate with that brestbone . Better wait till she is a bit stronger
    About every 2 weeks until she is fixed or mated ..... good luck... the last feral I brought in was sick and could'nt be fixed right away, i put up with a cat screaming down my ear and flirting with everything in to room for over 2 months.... omg can you say insanity

Yes we live with cats visit www.aarrff.org

Heats will increase in frequency and intensity until the cat gets what hormones are telling her she wants.... Now my cats may be weird, but when I had a pair of sisters that I could not afford to immediately spay my others (all fixed) would help out the girls. Admittedly the ex-toms would at first be thrilled and then hide in the basement since their desire to "play" was less, but I found the other females tended their unaltered colony mates and the heats passed off ok.

It is not the best solution, but it worked until money was in tune. My vet just laughed about the fact that my colony was very loving and indeed even now though all are fixed, there is still the occassional "play" session.

My neutered males...ahem..."helped" Raven while she was in heat. I even have pics!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Snoopy is still flirting with my furniture ! I think a call to the vet is in order (tomorrow)