Thread: medication question

medication question

Last night our vet gave us antibiotics and an antihistamine for Zingo, as he has been sneezing up a storm and sounds a little stuffy when he breathes....so I gave him the antibiotic, no problem, he has had it before. Because we have zero luck in getting pills into our cats, we smashed up the antihistamine and mixed it with some pouch food and gave it to him. He got about 2/3 of the way done and brought it all back up. The antihistamine is chlorpheniramine. Has anyone used this for a cat before and did you get this kind of negative reaction? I really do not want to give it to him if this is going to happen. Or is it possible that it just happened because we smashed it up? Help!

In my experiences it's been antibotic that has caused "up chucking". I would call the vet and let them know what happened and they will advise you how to proceed. They might discontinue one or both. Tell you not to give it to them at the same time and to space out medications. It's important to let them know what happened. Good Luck.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor