Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeans that really fit body shapes???

Jeans that really fit body shapes???

Yesterday I did something I have been meaning to do....I have never been able to find a pair of jeans that fit properly. I am pear shaped and the waist is always so large on me. I was watching on of those makeover shows and the person said that if jeans don't fit properly....alter them! So I did....took apart the back seam and took in the waist, then took more in at two places in front. Now, I have a terrific pair of jeans that FIT!!

It sure would be nice if manufacturers would make some jeans for curves. I have tried on so many brands that are made for "curvy" or "women" but they seem to be cut for women that are large in the torso - and I am very small at the waist.... a typical PEAR rather than an APPLE.

Any suggestions on brands and what body types they fit the best??? So far, the closest pair to fit my body type are Faded Glory Bootcut for Women at WallyWorld. This is rather nice because they are only about $20 a pair so I don't mind cutting into them

There is no such thing as a pair of jeans that fit. I am totally convinced of that, so I can't help you!

I gave up on jeans years ago. I have a large tummy & no butt. Every pair that feels comfortable at the waist leaves me looking like I have a loaded diaper from behind. It just sags and usually ends up inches below where it belongs. If I hike that up to feel comfortable, the "waist" ends up just below my bra line

Deb, it's great to have a pair of jeans that you love. I LOVE jeans! I don't know why but I have an obsession with them, LOL. I'm glad you were able to make yours fit your body! That's awesome! You're a talented gal! That's really what it takes! If you knew the truth, that's what the *rich & famous* do (according to the show "What Not to Wear" . . . LOL) . . . They always say if you want your clothes to fit, it might be worth taking them to a seamstress. Maybe you should start a business!!!

I know that a lower rise makes your waist look smaller. I also know that larger back pockets makes your butt look smaller.

BTW, Deb, do you have a Value City nearby? They always have tons of jeans that are super cheap! You could really find some good deals in there! I live in American Eagle jeans and I just LOVE when I can find them in Value City for half the price of what they are in the mall! They always have great stuff though. All different brands!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I finally settled for Wal-Mart's stretch jeans. They call them leggings. They come in petite and average, with 16 being the smallest size. They give me a little extra tummy room even though I really take a 14. They only cost around $16 and even have pockets.

Ordinary jeans only fit ordinary people. I've never been ordinary! (Just ornery)

Debbie,

I am dying to try out www.makeyourownjeans.com. They custom make jeans to your unique measurements. Most of their jeans cost under $40.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I love jeans too! For many years, I couldn't buy any, because of my "belly" . Last year I found a shop where they have legging in jeans fabric; WONDERFUL !!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I basically live in jeans and have a horrible time finding ones that fit well. Since I've lost weight I've had luck with Levi's but they are the "fit below the natural waist line" and gape open in the back when I sit down. I wish I new how to make alterations to take them in.

Catnapper - I have that problem with pants looking like a loaded diaper because as my mother used to tell me I suffer from noassatall disease. I seriously think I need butt implants - I'm so flat I bruise myself sitting on wooden chairs. I'm not kidding! Richard won't let me sit on his lap because my bones stick through and hurt him. I have no butt! Flat as a pancake!

From Decker with Love

I'm built like you Deb. But "Jeans that fit body shapes"????? Now THAT'S an oxymoron.

The best jeans that fit me are Bill Blass. I've tried every brand of jeans out there and always have the same problem. They fit great in the butt, but I could have a party in the waist.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I like gloria vanderbuilts classic stretch, I get them at penneys.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    Catnapper - I have that problem with pants looking like a loaded diaper because as my mother used to tell me I suffer from noassatall disease. I seriously think I need butt implants - I'm so flat I bruise myself sitting on wooden chairs. I'm not kidding! Richard won't let me sit on his lap because my bones stick through and hurt him. I have no butt! Flat as a pancake!
    Okay Miss Lori . . . since I KNOW you'll be hitting the gym hard again soon . . . you want a butt??? SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT!!!

I've been squatting the barbell and it's been KILLING my backside but I know it's going to pay off in the long run! You can use dumbbells if the barbell is too much at first. That's how I started.
    -christa

I know what you mean. I've got a small butt and a bigger tummy. So everything is too tight and the waist and too big at the butt.*Grr*

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Same here, i constantly have to wear belts with jeans on account of being too THIN!!!! The waist sizes are being made wider and wider these days, and i have to have long ones as i am tall but i could fit about 3 of me in the waist. Shopping for trousers is a nightmare!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by christa
    Okay Miss Lori . . . since I KNOW you'll be hitting the gym hard again soon . . . you want a butt??? SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT!!!

I've been squatting the barbell and it's been KILLING my backside but I know it's going to pay off in the long run! You can use dumbbells if the barbell is too much at first. That's how I started.
    Squats huh? Guess I need to do that regularly if it will really help.
    BTW, I'm back at the gym full time now - thank goodness!

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    Squats huh? Guess I need to do that regularly if it will really help.
    BTW, I'm back at the gym full time now - thank goodness!
    Oh yes, it will help. Squats aren't just for the legs. It will definitely firm your backside, LOL. Combine squats with the cardio that you're doing and you never know what you'll find back there!

Glad you're back in the gym full time now, Lori! That's great news! I think you'll get to feeling much better now! Just keep it up!
    -christa