Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Russell Terriers

Jack Russell Terriers

hi folks,

I have a Jack Russell Terrier called Jack (original or what) anyway I was just wondering if any one else out there has one or more of the same breed. Jack is 2 years old and is the boss of my house and tells both myself and my husband what he wants and when he wants it. He has his own chair, doggie cushion, blankets and toys (which he sometimes grudgingly shares with his rescue sister she is a mixed breed terrier) but we love him he is great fun and loves to play with us and loves to be cuddled and rubbed and have his paws tickled....

Here are a couple of pictures of him and in one of them is his sister Millie (she is our rescue)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 002.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	833.0 KB 
ID:	31553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jack 1.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	550.8 KB 
ID:	31554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jack and Millie - Dinner Time.bmp 
Views:	79 
Size:	900.1 KB 
ID:	31555  
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

HI Jackmilliesmom- my opinion is the more the merrier. As you know I have 4 borzois, same breed, but each one is different in how they view life. Adding a collie here in about two weeks, ..- now that should be interesting to say the least.. I think they would do fine with another JRT.

Thanks BZM so how are your darlings going to react to the new addition???? Quandry or what - What kind of Collie are you getting a Lassie or a Border Collie???
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

A border collie??? Me??? Surely you jest.. lol.. No its a rough collie a merle. I posted pictures on "ohhhhhh hope hope"...
    I will be back in the hospital friday, in for 3 days this time, and should be a week I can travel. I figure the week after thanksgiving is the trip to Ohio. Its only 7 hours from here, and with how I drive, I should make it in 6 lol... I am going to take Zubin and Galina with me to meet him. He is just a baby at 7 months old, but old enough to sort of know life. He starts class in obedience December.
    I really do believe that dogs do better in a pack. As I have said before, try as you might, you cant play with a dog like another dog would. I do hope Hottie does okay. He is a little grumpy lately but I can compensate for that with extra attention. The new one ( Major') wont know the difference, but Hottie will.
    I just hope I can get major ready for his CD by spring. I think so.. But the weather is turning and classes are rare in this colder weather.

Where did you post pictures there are none on this site or anywhere that I can see so this is instant messaging - is it private or can anyone view and will we get out knuckles rapped - sorry still new
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

I posted pictures of major on ohhhhhhhh hope hope.
    The other like an internal aim. I sent you the link. petoftheday.com%2Ftalk%2Findex.php

Huh - cannot find it sorry still getting lost can I save these links on a favourites bar or something?????
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

just have the pet talk open the click on it. It will load.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmilliesmom
    hi folks,

I have a Jack Russell Terrier called Jack (original or what) anyway I was just wondering if any one else out there has one or more of the same breed. Jack is 2 years old and is the boss of my house and tells both myself and my husband what he wants and when he wants it. He has his own chair, doggie cushion, blankets and toys (which he sometimes grudgingly shares with his rescue sister she is a mixed breed terrier) but we love him he is great fun and loves to play with us and loves to be cuddled and rubbed and have his paws tickled....

Here are a couple of pictures of him and in one of them is his sister Millie (she is our rescue)

I dont have one,But my pup Storm was nearly attacked by one at the vets office last week,I have always heard they are a very tough dog,The dog let me pet him,are they all dog aggressive,i think they are the cutest things,Maybe he was just having a bad day,But it did make me nervous the way he ran at storm and dropped him.

Yes they can be dog aggressive but it is more protecting what they believe is their territory. When Jack was 10 weeks old we brought him for his injections and he had a squeak not a bark and the only other dog in teh room was a St. BErnard and he decided to have a go and the vet believed that we aptly named him in his name Jack. The vet now knows him as "have a go Jack" it is an Irish saying and of course it has now stuck when we ring the vets for an appointment the girls want to know is it "have a go Jack" that they are making the appointment for.

But funnily enough he is very protective of our rescue Millie who is in the picture on my signature as he found her and will not let anything happen to her they play fight and Jack corrects her when she needs it but they are the best of friends and he will stand between her and any animal or person that we meet protecting both her and me. I love him for that.
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

Hi jackmillies, lovingpaws here. Don't know if I ever mentioned my friend has a couple of JRT. They are a hoot. Full of energy. want to chase rabbits and birds in yard, the bare their teeth TO SMILE but the sad thing is they went from buddies to being aggresive to each other after several years. It is now a LLLLLOOOOONNNGGG work in progress. We take care of them on occasion. The also like to burrow under the sheets at bedtime.
    Last edited by lovingpaws; 11-15-2006 at 05:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    I HAVE BEEN FROSTED !!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_110806_ARS

Click daily

JRTs are great little dogs, i have not met an agreesive one yet... typical terrier tanacity yes agression no . We have a JRT x Penny, 1 JRTx foster Charlie and a JRT (Wire) pup possible on the way .

Gordies (Pup) first photo is attached lol....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh, I hope we will be seeing lots more of Jack and Millie here at Pet Talk. Having a Jack Russell has always been a dream of mine, but don't know that at my age I could live up to all they might expect. Also hope to see many more posts from you as I love hearing about life in Ireland, so put a bit of that in too.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Count me in as one who has two dogs of the same breed - poodles that is. Since 1970 I have had poodles and have always had two at a time. They entertain each other and it is so much fun to watch. Of course when it is cuddle time they come to me so it is truly the best of both worlds. My niece has a JRT and she is cute as a button and also fearless. They had a german shepherd and the little JRT ruled the roost.

By the way I love your signature! LOL! Wouldn't all dogs love a chance to eat off the table!!

Quote Originally Posted by lovingpaws
    Hi jackmillies, lovingpaws here. Don't know if I ever mentioned my friend has a couple of JRT. They are a hoot. Full of energy. want to chase rabbits and birds in yard, the bare their teeth TO SMILE but the sad thing is they went from buddies to being aggresive to each other after several years. It is now a LLLLLOOOOONNNGGG work in progress. We take care of them on occasion. The also like to burrow under the sheets at bedtime.
    hi lovingpaws yep Jack loves being under the duvet and at my feet he lies accross them and growls if I move but it is great fun and he is soooo full of energy its hard to keep up with him so Millie is a great companion for him
    jackmilliesmom

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**