Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Man in Black

Man in Black

Rush Limbaugh addressed a group of Republicans the other day. (I think someone told him...wear all black - it is slimming! )

Anyway...he had some difficulty keeping his billions and millions straight but that can happen. I am sure reading from a teleprompter can be a challenge.

He also said he was quoting from the preamble to the US Constitution and its promise of life, liberty, freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

Doesn't this man's speech writer have a fact checker??

He is attempting to quote from the Declaration of Independence - not the Preamble and he is quoting it wrong. The word "freedom" is not in the quote.

Can you imagine what would have been said - what names would have been slung if say...Ms. Pelosi had made such mistakes?

Oh I think that man is nothing butt a loud mouth joke.. I try not to listen to people like that.. Its like get a life dude & he can keep his opinions to himself..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

He is a complete idiot.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

They have been saying he is the new head of the Republican party.

If so, they will never have to worry about me voting Republican ever again!!!

Why anyone would listen to that boob is beyond me.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im sure you watched the speech, if not part one is here. He is clearly using notes not a teleprompter, something Ms Pelosi and Mr Obama should learn to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh
    We want every American to be the best he or she chooses to be. We recognize that we are all individuals. We love and revere our founding documents, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. [Applause] We believe that the preamble to the Constitution contains an inarguable truth that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life. [Applause] Liberty, Freedom. [Applause] And the pursuit of happiness. [Applause] Those of you watching at home may wonder why this is being applauded. We conservatives think all three are under assault. [Applause] Thank you. Thank you.
    Is that a gaff? He probably could have worded it better, but that hardly makes him an idiot. At least he didnt um um um his way through his speech sans teleprompter.

Full speech is here.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Love him, hate him... Whatever. I listen to him when he is on and I happen to be in the car. Sometimes, I agree with what he says even if I dislike the way he often delivers his message. Other times, I think he is wrong. Quite often, I am scared to death by some of the people who call his show. But you know what? Its still (for now) a free country.

What should worry us all is the fact that the Executive Branch of our government has targeted a single private citizen for simply speaking his mind. Has it not been said that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism"?

If he is such a idiot, why worry about him? So what if millions of people believe what he says? Would you support the government actively suppressing his ability to speak? My money is on the OP would say YES.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I turn the channel when I see him on tv. Nothing he says interest's me.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I don't worry about him

I have never like the man. I don't agree with most every thing he says. I think many of the people following him or admiring him, scare the hell out of me.

For me, he is just as awful and ignorant as Mrs. Palin - but with an entirely different style.

He is an embarrassment - as is Mrs. Palin.

I guess you can tell that Rush is not my favorite person. If I never hear of him again, it would be too soon.

He's just too old, that's all. I think everyone my age within ten years can SING the preamble to the Constitution, thanks to Schoolhouse Rock!

Sing it with me,

We the people
    In order to form a more perfect union
    Establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility
    Provide for the common defense
    Promote the general welfare a-and
    Protect the blessings of Liberty
    For ourselves and our posterity
    Do ordain and esta-a-ablish this Constitution
    o-o-of, the United States o-o-o-of America!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen you do not want to hear me sing.. So I think I will just say it with you..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I read one of the best accounts of Rush Limppaw's speech after the event.

Tom WatsonAuthor of CauseWired, consultant, journalist and media critic.
    Posted March 1, 2009 | 04:30 PM (EST)

Limbaugh in the Lead: A Gift for Obama

Looking for all the world like the sweating floor manager on the late afternoon shift at Larry Flynt's Hustler Club in an unbuttoned shiny black shirt and undersized sport coat, Rush Limbaugh leaned his meaty hands on the lectern at the CPAC conference and slipped a greasy dollar bill into the G-string of the writhing conservative dead-enders packed into the garishly lit Omni Shoreham in Washington DC.

Jowls rolling like thunder from the right via CNN's unfortunate high-definition feed, Limbaugh took control of the sad and tattered remnants of the mainstream conservative movement, and urged continued allegiance to the noble Lost Cause of Reagan, metaphorically carrying his rebel-yelling followers into the hills like modern-day Quantrill's Raiders standing firm against change.

If there's any doubt that the GOP's own Paulie Walnuts is now firmly in command of the Party of Lincoln, the "breaking news" style coverage of Limbaugh's bellow-cose rant dispelled the notion. CNN, for one, went wide - with the kind of uninterrupted live footage usually reserved for Presidents and Popes, followed by a panel of analysts to weigh and consider the import of the speech to this republic of ours. There were other dancers on the stage, to be sure - including Ward Connerly, Ann Coulter, Phyllis Schlafly and Karl Rove - but only Limbaugh's hour-long ramble (he went over by 30 minutes) garnered opposition leader status. "As the movement searches for a front-and-center spokesman to provide inspiration and direction, Limbaugh's refusal to tilt toward the center may place him out front in a Republican Party already suffering from a disappearing moderate wing," wrote Tom Schaller in Salon.

Limbaugh is a showbiz talent, and he is taking full advantage of this moment of rudderless, thoughtless spinning in circles by Republicans to seize the stage in full-throated opposition to the overwhelmingly popular new President - and virtually everything he stands for. In rooting publicly for Barack Obama's failure, Limbaugh may be leading the conservative movement to a smaller, fringe-like existence in the halls of power - but it will an existence that he can easily dominate.

Leading gullible Republicans into the hills of guerrilla ideological resistance during the nation's toughest economic crisis in 80 years constitutes a gift of incredible political proportions for the Obama Administration. Instead of principled point-by-point opposition by a chastened party of experienced professionals ready for tough dealings at the bargaining table, President Obama is blessed with clownish truculence and pure rejectionism - embodied in the Republican response to the President's forceful Congressional address by Governor Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, a moment of excruciatingly tone-deaf ideology rescued only by the attention lavished on its shockingly poor delivery.

President Obama, of course, is aware of this lumbering and clumsy gift from the right - so much so that he sent chief of staff Rahm Emanuel to Bob Schieffer's CBS studio this morning to declare Limbaugh "the voice and the intellectual force and energy behind the Republican Party."

And it's that blustery intellectual force that convinces Republicans like Jindal and Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi that their political futures are enlarge and brightened by a nihilistic refusal of Federal funds to their own communities. "White kids on dope," jibed conservative Rod Dreher, one of a small cadre of right-wing commentators to take on the Limbaugh lemming movement, the willful ignorance of the current crisis and the nation's ultimate rejection of a failed a humiliated party leadership. "No need to return to first principles and recalibrate policies to account for new realities," wrote Dreher. "Just find a better messenger for the same old same old. You begin to see why nobody inside that bubble could grasp what a flop Bobby Jindal's reheated Republican mush of a speech was going to be ahead of time."

Rush Limbaugh is right about one thing: President Obama is indeed on a mission of reinvention. That much was clear from his speech on Capitol Hill last week - and even clearer in his budget proposal. And, as Limbaugh undoubtedly knows, the President holds the whip hand for the foreseeable future. So Limbaugh plays to that loss of power in his audience, and in a speech that referred bizarrely to "slave blood" and a defense of John Thain (who seems to literally be asking for a set of numbered orange duds from Andrew Coumo) and the spending habits of bail-out bankers, he laid on some false concern for Obama:

President Obama is one of the most gifted politicians, one of the most gifted men that I have ever witnessed. He has extraordinary talents. He has communication skills that hardly anyone can surpass. No, seriously. No, no, I'm being very serious about this. It just breaks my heart that he does not use these extraordinary talents and gifts to motivate and inspire the American people to be the best they can be. He's doing just the opposite. And it's a shame. [Applause] President Obama has the ability -- he has the ability to inspire excellence in people's pursuits. He has the ability to do all this, yet he pursues a path, seeks a path that punishes achievement, that punishes earners and punishes -- and he speaks negatively of the country. Ronald Reagan used to speak of a shining city on a hill. Barack Obama portrays America as a soup kitchen in some dark night in a corner of America that's very obscure. He's constantly telling the American people that bad times are ahead, worst times are ahead. And it's troubling, because this is the United States of America.

Yes, Rush this is the United States of America. And your timely and spectacular gift to the President is much appreciated indeed.
    Last edited by lizbud; 03-10-2009 at 06:33 PM.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Rush Limbarf.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Like most "animated" people, he annoys me. He sounds like the drunk guy at the end of the bar who constantly rambles on loudly about whatever he's cheezed about at that given moment. Only difference is, Rush has thousands of drinking buddies who keep buying him more drinks just to hear him talk, LOL.

14. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    At least he didnt um um um his way through his speech sans teleprompter.
    Now Blue...GW is a private citizen now so you should stop making fun of his speaking style!

What a coincident! Cover story of Newsweek that arrived in my mailbox today...

"Enough! A Conservative's Case Against Limbaugh" by David Frum

p.s.....where in this thread did anyone use the word "idiot" to describe him???

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Now Blue...GW is a private citizen now so you should stop making fun of his speaking style!

What a coincident that arrived in my mailbox today...

"Enough! A Conservative's Case Against Limbaugh" by David Frum
    At least Shrubco can get through a speech without toting a teleprompter everywhere with him, unlike his umm uh ahh successor.

Why am I not shocked at all that Newsweek would attack Rush or that you read it?

p.s.....where in this thread did anyone use the word "idiot" to describe him???
    p.s. Who cares? Most of the posts have insulted him and you post an attack piece on the man and called it
    one of the best accounts of Rush Limppaw's speech after the event.
    With a futher insult added on top.

Why is it I doubt you watched or read Limbaugh's speech?

Do you think Obama has the back bone to take Rush up on his offer after all of the DNC attacks?
    Last edited by blue; 03-10-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Dictionay.com let me down.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.