I'm the astrological sign Cancer, which is a crab. Not only can I get very grouchy (crabby), but I am completely at-home in the water. I've been swimming since I was a very small child. We had a pool in the backyard and I remember every SINGLE day of the summer, being in the pool...even when it was raining or when it was chilly out. I remember my mom having to struggle to get me to leave the pool, and her grounding me from the pool as punishment, and it was the worst thing in the world to me.

I agree that it's sad that some folks never learn to swim. You see that a lot here in TX. I never met anyone in MI that could not swim. Because of all the great lakes, it's actually required in MI to take and pass swimming class before you graduate high school (or at least it was when I was in HS). If you don't learn how to swim before high school, you don't graduate until you do learn how to swim. My 3 year old daughter has had swim lessons because she's the same way I am, she is completely fearless of the water even though she's not able to keep herself afloat without a life vest yet. I will continue her swim lessons until she's a strong swimmer and will be able to not only enjoy the water, but be safe as well. When Vincent is old enough, he will go through the same swim lessons. I feel it's my duty as a responsible parent to ensure my kids are good swimmers.