Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have an interesting dilemma & could use advice, prayers and/or encouragement

I have an interesting dilemma & could use advice, prayers and/or encouragement

A while back I was talking with a co-worker (single executive with one child). She had us all over to her house last Christmas and I got to meet her puppy. He's a bichon - a beautiful bichon with a wonderful temperament. At that time half in jest and half in seriousness, I said to her if she ever wanted to get rid of him to let me know.

In July she and I were at a conference and got to talking. She was telling me that with her new expanded job responsibilities, buying a house (no fenced yard) and taking care of her son; the pup was getting to be too much. I again told her that if she wanted to get rid of the pup to let me know.

Since all this transpired we've acquired our newest family member, Muffin. Well, she came in today and said it was all getting to be too stressful and she wants to talk to me about the pup. She looks broken hearted about it.

I'm going home to talk to Dick this evening and see what he says. Not too long ago, he said we have ENOUGH dogs. I know we have four, but three are small. I don't think there is such a thing as enough dogs, but I also don't want to see this pup go to a pound or to someone who won't care.

Would like your opinions on the whole idea.

I think you would give it a wonderful home! And that I think you should take him!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

You are asking the wrong person since I can't say no to a dog. But I have 1 large, 3 medium and 1 small dog so I say 3 are small and this one is small - go for it!!!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I also think you would give the pup a great home!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I would have a hard time turning away a sweet little Bichon. However, bottom line is you have to do whatis best for your family. If your husband will be miserable, becuase of one more, tenny, tiny little puppy ( ), It isn't worth it. Also, you have to think of your dogs. If you already have 4, chances are one more will just make it a bigger, happy pack.

Maybe if the dog isn't right for you, you could still help your friend out...foster him til you find the perfect home ( or til your husband is hooked and says you can keep him)

Good Luck, to you and the pup, whatever you decide

I agree with Cincy'sMom, fostering is a good option if keeping the dog is not an option for your husband.

My first reaction is to hope that your husband will say "yes". But I know that five dogs is more than I could handle, and I would be the one handling the situation most of the time. But I have to tell you that I would take a Bichon in a heartbeat!! LOL!!!!!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Logan

Yep, I too like the idea of fostering until hubby says ok!!! Ahem... that's how we aquired dog #3! (who is now HIS dog)

Originally posted by micki76
    Yep, I too like the idea of fostering until hubby says ok!!! Ahem... that's how we aquired dog #3! (who is now HIS dog)
    Thats how it works around here! I take them in as fosters and then he falls in love and tells me "No that one has to stay and that one and that one".

There has been that rare time he says "that one has to go soon" so it's not full proff. But out of 8 dogs only 2 are leaving (one day ) it works pretty good. And I maybe having another one coming that he has already said it will stay, if we get him.

Poor guy! I think he really knows me way too well. I brought it up this morning and he said OK! But this is the last one! (That's what he said after Muffin.)

So I'm gonna call the gal today and get the particulars on the pup. Will let you know more when I can.

Yay! Keep us updated.
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

A new addition hu?
    Congrats & can't wait to see some pics!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by robinh
    Poor guy! I think he really knows me way too well. I brought it up this morning and he said OK! But this is the last one! (That's what he said after Muffin.)

So I'm gonna call the gal today and get the particulars on the pup. Will let you know more when I can.
    Yay!! He he he. The last one. Yeah I've heard that, too. Until he saw Aly's little newborn fosters. Now HE wants one!

Good luck and pictures, pictures, pictures. You don't post enough pics, so WE NEED LOTS OF PICS OF EVERYONE!!

Best of luck with the new pup!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Why do they even *ask*...??????

Ask a sillie question

Get the Standard Pet Talk Answer...

Sure ~ KEEP IT!!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy