Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A little black kitty; 1/13; HE has bonded finally; *Update*; post #80

I'm glad the cat is being friendly. You are right there people want kittens most of the times not cats.

I'm glad LBK is still coming around though.

melissa

LBK has found a permanent home.

When my old rescue friend called me and said "I know someone who is looking for a black cat", I couldn't believe it. I became suspicious, though, b/c whenever someone is breed/color specific, my antennae go up, perhaps wrongly. I love Calicos and I would probably not be able to turn away a Calico to keep forever but that's me. If I don't know the person, then I get nervous. Anyhow, we were working on placing him w/this man but b/c I had to make so many trips back and forth to the vet w/Yodie and Pidgie during the last couple of weeks, it just wasn't doable and I didn't want to jinx it by posting it on PT until it actually happened. Yesterday was supposed to be the day but, of course, I had my situation w/Pidge and it just couldn't be done. So. I just got home after dropping him off w/my rescue friend.

LBK cried the entire drive there. I felt awful. I put my fingers inside the carrier door to stroke him and he rubbed his face up against them and laid his head down on them. I didn't want to transfer him to another cage in case he panicked and then we'd have to chase him, so I just talked to him, told him that I love him and told him that he was going to a good home. My rescue friend called me while I was driving home and he said that LBK let him transfer him to another carrier w/no problem and that he had already dropped him off at his new home. The man has a lot of cats and some dogs but apparently they all get along and I trust the rescue man totally that LBK went to a good home. He's turned down many people who wanted cats that he had for adoption. So why do I feel so sad? I feel like I've lost two cats now. I said that if it doesn't work out, I'd take LBK back. I don't want to take in another cat but I feel heartbroken right now. I should be happy but I'm not.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I understand how you feel. These little critters just worm their way right into our hearts, and we just know that no one but us can give them the perfect home.

That's why we have 6 cats instead of 2
    I could never refuse a cute whiskered face.

Just wait a little while

Mary, I once rescued a little kitty from the side of the road. I made sure he had a good home and all the while, wanted him back. BUT once I heard how happy he was in his new home, I just new I did the right thing. I suspect you will feel the same, once things settle down for you. You need some quiet time with your guys as well as a stress free holiday.

Maybe you will be able to receive updates on the LBK. That would warm your heart, I am sure.

You did the right thing. And hey, if he ends up back with you, then it was meant to be.

{{{hugs}}}

If I had another CD, I would send it to you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Mary, I know when I bottled fed and raised Rudy and Monty, I was SO careful to be sure that they went to a good home....it absolutely broke my heart to let them go, so I know how you feel right now....LBK knows that you tried very hard to do the right thing....in a way, this is the best Christmas gift LBK could ever have, a forever home....
    Nine is Fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    {{{hugs}}}

If I had another CD, I would send it to you.
    Funny you should mention that, Candace. When I left for Dr. Lee's yesterday, I was going to put your CD in the player in my car but I was so rushed to get her in there that I forgot it. I know how she liked that one song and I was going to replay it continuously til we got there. The last time I took her in, she was so quiet that I was afraid we wouldn't make it. This time she sounded as though she was yelling, so I knew she was really sick and the CD might have calmed her down had I remembered to bring it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Well...you said her favourite was the Lullaby. I thought of the words to it when I heard about Pidgie...and they are sadder, though still soothing. Listen to it again when you are ready...I think you'd be a total mess otherwise.

The Boy is arriving soon? I hope that will comfort if not cheer you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Well...you said her favourite was the Lullaby. I thought of the words to it when I heard about Pidgie...and they are sadder, though still soothing. Listen to it again when you are ready...I think you'd be a total mess otherwise.

The Boy is arriving soon? I hope that will comfort if not cheer you.
    Yes, the boy gets in this evening. He has lots of plans for us and I sure hope I have the energy to do all of it. I'm still way behind on everything and I'm having quite a house full tomorrow night. Oh well, it'll get done somehow.

It seems that even new habits die hard w/me. I got up during the night to check on LBK. And Coco Puff misses him/her, too. I could tell that they would've been good buddies; Coco Puff was just so curious but no thick tail, no hackles going up, just curiosity. He was always nose to nose w/LBK on the glass door. After I too LBK to his new home, Coco Puff kept going to that door and crying. He probably wonders what in the world is going on, first Pidge disappears and now LBK.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I have to agree with Grace. During transports I some times I have too foster for a week or so. It gets real hard to let go and say good by even after a short time. Donna's Lucie is a good example, I only had her for 1 night. Fell in love, I know Donna with give her the best home.
    GILL & Crew;

Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    I have to agree with Grace. During transports I some times I have too foster for a week or so. It gets real hard to let go and say good by even after a short time. Donna's Lucie is a good example, I only had her for 1 night. Fell in love, I know Donna with give her the best home.
    Yeah it was very hard for me to give her to you, John.

Well Mary, in the space of two days or so, you have lost two kitties, Pidge and LBK. Maybe that's why you feel so sad?

But, in both cases you did your very best, so you have nothing to feel badly about. Pidge is at peace at the RB and LBK is in a new furrever home!

Try to relax this holiday; enjoy your family and friends and know in your that you have made the right decisions.

Hope you have a lovely and peaceful Christmas!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Another good update

I received this in an email from LBK's new human this Christmas morning:

The new girl is finally out of the carrier' used the litter box and is eating. She is quite content at the moment, although I believe she is recovering from a broken heart. It is so very sad. But she is bonding with me, and trusts me completely at this point. She is very sweet and affectionate. And is still afraid of tiny Penelope Pickles! I would think that she has found her forever home. I am considering naming her either Fleur Bennett or Arwen Evenstar.

It's time to return to the kitchen and baking. Cookies for the neighbors, Mom and me. But still no Christmas tree; hopefully tonight.

Merry, Mary!

I'm so glad that she's doing well, especially since the weather has turned nasty again; cold, windy and pouring rain. My rescue friend told me that LBK wrapped her legs around her new human's neck and it made me jealous! I have to keep reminding myself that she's better off w/him. He reminds me of our own Catmandu w/the names he gives his cats.
    Blessings,
    Mary

We all have different systems for naming our cats, don't we? Mine both start with the letter M, though that wasn't done on purpose. At least I don't think so. MacGyver was named after the t.v. show character. He is very smart and resourceful. He can break into anything and is curious about everything! Ming is a Siamese, so the name sort of fits. But really, he was named after a cat I knew who had the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen (that cat was not Siamese). Ming has absolutely gorgeous blue eyes, as do most Siamese. Mary, he looks very much like Coco Puff! I have taken tons of pictures of him and when I have the time and money (I'm short on both these days) I will get them developed and post them on here.
    As far as LBK goes, you did the right thing in finding her a good home. She will never be on the cold outside, mewing to be noticed, ever again. You should feel real good about that!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

You should be proud Mary that you found a home for Little Black Cat , as Black Cats are sometimes the hardest to rehome.
    Tubby 2 , Ebony Beau Tubster and Ebonite are setting up the Golden Star by your name in The Heroes Hall of the Rainbow Bridge Hall of Fame!!

And when you arrive there years from now, you will reap your just rewards!!!

Furrever!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS