Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update #92 -- Morgan has no more mouth problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Just checking in to see how Morgan is doing today. (((((HUGS)))) to you, Moesha, and lovies and scritchies to Morgan.
    Same here and also (((HUGS)))) and lovies too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks for asking about my babe.

He is doing well today. He's been eating and drinking. Although, I do wish he would drink more. Today is the last day of his antibiotics. He will let me rub his chin and cheeks, but he won't let me look at his gums. When I give him the medicine, I can tell that the roof of his mouth is a bit red. The transfer factor didn't go well this morning. I'll try again before bed. I may try to get one in every other day.

I have a dilemma though. I was supposed to be going to Disney World this Thursday through next Monday. I don't think that I can leave him. It helps that he is doing well, but I think that I would be a wreck thinking about him. I could only go if my sister would be able to come and stay with him for me. He loves her. So, we'll see.

Thanks again for asking about him. He appreciates all the loves being delivered.

ETA: We got the transfer factor in him tonight! He DID NOT like it. Afterward he went and hid on a shelf behind a chair. I took a picture of him that I'll try to upload and put on here. He was not happy with me. At least that was the last antibiotic for now.
    Last edited by Moesha; 09-21-2009 at 08:23 PM.

I am sorry to hear Morgan doesn't like his medication. It's always worrying whether you freak them out with the treatment even more
    Sorry for your weekend. I had a party planned last Saturday (for 2 months) which I cancelled on Wednesday- but I am glad I did it as I could not have enjoyed the preparations. Tigris always was a wonderful party host

Good luck for Morgan. I never knew exactly what it meant when they said "He'll tell you" but I know think I understand it better.

My sister said she would be available to come and stay with Morgan this weekend. I just don't think I would be able to stand being away from him for 5 days. I go crazy just being gone during the daytime. He is also very happy to see me come home. He always comes over and makes sure to sit with me for quite a while. I don't think I'll be going to Florida. Who knows if we could make it through Atlanta to get there anyway.

In other news, I stopped at Walgreens in the next town north of me and asked if they could compound the transfer factor. I wasn't able to find any in my small town that would. She said that they do compound and took down the specifics about the ingredients. She said she would have to call someone to make sure they could be compounded into a liquid form and would let me know tomorrow. The only problem is that the pharmacy is 40 minutes away. So I will have to drive back over there tomorrow if she can do it. Anything for my baby though.

Great news about the compounding!

I wonder...can the capsule be opened and some of the powder mixed in to good stinky wet food twice a day or something?

Bless your sister! I hope you have a good time.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Tried it and that was a definite NO from Morgan. Aroara came up afterward and gobbled the food, so at least it wasn't wasted. I tried mixing it in pill pockets, chicken broth, wet food. The only way I was getting any in him was to mix it with water and use a syringe. Half of that ended up on the floor. Hopefully the compounding will be easier. I asked if she could make it fishy or taste like chicken. We'll see how it goes. I have a feeling he still won't like it. But he doesn't have to have any other medicines at the moment. Hopefully I can get one dosage in him once a day or at least every other day.

I know how you feel. Sam won't let me pill him or trick him into taking medicine. He hid for the last two days if he thought I was trying to medicate him. It was shots at the doctor. It's jsut easier.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

When Puddy was in her decline, there was a conference that I go to every year and I just couldn't bring myself to go last year. I just didn't want to leave her. (She was in such a bad state that I couldn't have done that to my cat sitter anyhow.) I was glad that I didn't go because, if I had, Puddy would've died while I was gone. So I understand exactly what you're going through, however, I also understand how necessary it is to get away and clear your head for a bit. Our peace of mind is important, too. So, whatever you decide, do so w/a clear conscience. What will be will be. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm glad you were able to get some meds in Morgan. It's never easy it seems. I'll keep saying prays that Morgan does well and if you go have a good time.

Melissa

I think they can compound the TF in a chicken flavour. if nothing else, it might be easier to mix in food with it being flavoured.

Hugs and prayers for you and Morgan.

The transfer factor is going to be compounded in a fish concoction of tuna, salmon and sardines. It has to do something over night, so I'll be going to pick it up tomorrow. Walgreens couldn't/wouldn't do it. The pharmacist called me and after talking to corporate headquarters, they wouldn't allow her to do it since it is an over the counter item. She gave me the name and number for another pharmacy in the same town. I called them and she was very nice and willing to do it. I'm getting 20 of the pills compounded. Let's hope it goes well!

In other news, I have decided not to go on vacation. I thought and thought about it. I know Morgan would be well taken care of by my sister. I just decided that very soon I would be willing to do almost anything to be able to spend 5 more days with him. So, I'm staying home to do that now.

Moesha, you're making the right decision regarding THIS vacation; your state of mind would not be in the right place for it. I'm glad you found someone to do the compounding-there's always a way! Good luck, and keep us posted.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

So far so good with the transfer factor! This suspension is really thick! It is in a squeeze bottle, but the pharmacist also gave me a syringe. I was dreading the thought of having to syringe another thing into Morgan. It stresses him out and makes him upset. First I put a squirt of it in a bowl to see if he would just eat it. Nope. Then I got some salmon canned food and mixed it in good and then added a bit more. At first there was just a tentative lick or two. Eventually he ate most of the glob. Then I went back and added a little more canned food. Voila! It's all gone. It sounds like more food than it really was. I just used one of those small Whiskas cans. He ate maybe a third of one total. If he will eat it like this, I will be so happy.

Last night I gave him some of the Metacam because he looked like his mouth was bothering him. I don't know if it did any good. He slept with me for the first time in about a year or more. He used to sleep with me all of the time, but since I've changed where I sleep, he will only take a nap with me in there. He'll come in there in the mornings and lay above me. But last night he came in and laid right next to my side with my arm wrapped around him all night. I could tell he was doing a lot of tongue licking. Not licking anything in particular, just moving his tongue around. This morning I gave him some of the other pain medicine and haven't noticed him doing that today. He's eaten and has had quite a bit of water as well. I may just have to keep giving him the pain medicine. That won't be too bad as long as he keeps eating the transfer factor on his own. I'm not getting my hopes up though. He can be stubborn. hehe At least he had a dosage today.

Great!

Just mixing it up with stinky wet cat food does it!

Can't recall how many caps a cat should have per day?

SO glad it is working out so far.

I'm going to be glad if he will take one capsule a day. I got the human formula rather than the pet formula. I think it says 2 capsules for a person. Since he is only 15 pounds now, I think one for him will be plenty. They said that there hasn't been a case of an overdose. He gets a bit of canned food in the morning and in the evening to supplement his dry food. I think if I can add the TF to one of those feedings, I will be happy. She mixed the suspension so that 2ml has one capsule's worth of transfer factor in it.