Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I fear that my senior Boo is on his decline; *Update #109; 10/13

Thanx, Phesina and Cassiesmom, for the candles. I've been remiss in that dept. I light candles at home every day, though, but I should try to remember to light them on the site. Boo says "Thanx!"
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I've also been remiss in the candle dept. and will go there now and light a couple for Boo.

You and Boo will be in my thoughts and prayers, Mary.

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers on the way for you and sweet Boo from me too.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary,I'm sorry to hear that Boo isn't himself. I hope that everything will go well at Boo's appointment tomorrow and I hope it's nothing serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Boo slept w/me for a good part of the night so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Maybe he was just going through a bad spell; I'm hoping. Well, we'll see what Dr. Lee has to say. Boo was due for blood work anyhow. I'll keep you posted.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Well, Boo Bear is doing a little better today. He weighs more than I thought at 7 1/2 lbs. He just looks so thin and boney. Dr. Lee told me to put him back on his thyroid meds and hopefully he'll be able to keep them down this time. I gave him one as soon as we got home and so far so good. His heart rate was 220 which alarmed Dr. Lee. He said that we had to get that heart rate down b/c it could easily cause him to throw a blood clot. The meds should take care of that. His temp was also low and the meds should help that as well. I think he had problems before b/c he has a problematic gag reflex so when I give him the pill I also give him some Cat Lax and that seemed to have helped. He should have blood work done in a month and we'll check his temp and heart rate, of course. Dr. Lee thought that his blood pressure would be high but it wasn't, so that's good news. So all in all, a pretty good report.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Well that is Great News for Boo Bear.. Boo Bear lets get well real soon ok.. I am sure the meds will work great.. Sending Prayers & Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Mary, I'm sorry that I hadn't seen your latest reports on Boo, but I'm glad to read that he's doing a little better now. It's hard, isn't it, when they get old and start to slip away. You know it's not yet time to go, but they just aren't themselves anymore. It's like one day they're here, and the next day they're not - and back and forth. Makes one wonder what they are really thinking and feeling. If only they could talk.
    Prayers going out to you and Boo, and all the rest of the Fur Posse too.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for Boo! Hope his heart rate slows and that he keeps those pills down. Poor little guy!

I sure hope that the medicine will help him and that he'll be with you for many more years to come. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Boo's way.

So far so good. He kept the meds down and he slept w/me for part of the night. He hopped on my lap this morning and he's here right now so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Thanx for the prayers and good wishes, friends.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Good going, Boo! {{{hugs}}} to you and your Mom!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Yay...hope he continues to feel better and better!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

One thing that I forgot to mention is that Dr. Lee said Boo was dehydrated and that I should start once weekly subQ's. I hate to stick a needle into that boney body, especially knowing how he hates to be fussed with. I'll give it a whirl but if it's too much hassle, I don't want to stress him and I'll not continue w/them. Dr. Lee didn't say it was an absolute must.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Just do what you think is best for Boo. That has always served him well in the past. I hate giving any meds and treatments to my cats unless it is absolutely necessary. You are the best person to make that judgment call when it comes to fluids.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!