Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A request to parents

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I don't know about anyone else, but I would much rather have the annoyance of the kids squealing and screeching, than listen to the teenager next door who has his car loaded with stereo speakers, and he sits in his driveway for an hour or more at a time, with the volume turned up so loud, that it vibrates the windows and thuds thru the walls of my house. There is no closing the widows to get rid of that damn doom-boom-boom, and the sound carries great distances!
    And I'm not talking about his house so close that I can reach out my window and touch his - his driveway is a good 400' from mine. Listen to that for a while and then see if the kids are still all that annoying!
    And sorry - there are no noise ordinances in the rural areas.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blog Entries
    Pomtzu, That would call for an early (5:30) in the morning round of Whoopi John Polka music full blast when that kid is trying to sleep from a night out on the town.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I would much rather have the annoyance of the kids squealing and screeching, than listen to the teenager next door who has his car loaded with stereo speakers, and he sits in his driveway for an hour or more at a time, with the volume turned up so loud, that it vibrates the windows and thuds thru the walls of my house. There is no closing the widows to get rid of that damn doom-boom-boom, and the sound carries great distances!
    And I'm not talking about his house so close that I can reach out my window and touch his - his driveway is a good 400' from mine. Listen to that for a while and then see if the kids are still all that annoying!
    We live right next to a park that has a public pool and tennis/raquet ball courts. A parking lot between the tennis and raquet ball courts is right over our fence. We often get the thumping cars and it is sooo darn annoying! Now we don't have screaming children so I have nothing to compare it to. But I did work with children in day care for 12 years so I'm not a stranger to how noisy that can be. But I agree, screaming children anyday over the bass of a stereo.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

his driveway is a good 400' from mine. Listen to that for a while and then see if the kids are still all that annoying!
    Well, at least you know that he will pay - if he's not already suffering hearing loss, he will be before long! Sad, and preventable damage, and the effects are cumulative - they lose hearing, so turn it up louder, so lose hearing so ... Maybe mail some generic booklet on preventable hearing loss to his house, anonymously!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Well, at least you know that he will pay - if he's not already suffering hearing loss, he will be before long! Sad, and preventable damage, and the effects are cumulative - they lose hearing, so turn it up louder, so lose hearing so ... Maybe mail some generic booklet on preventable hearing loss to his house, anonymously!
    How true Karen. I was always preaching to my kids when they were growing up, about the eventual effects of playing music too loud.

Sure - I could send something to his house, but I doubt that this one has the intelligence to even be able to read it!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

How true Karen. I was always preaching to my kids when they were growing up, about the eventual effects of playing music too loud.

Sure - I could send something to his house, but I doubt that this one has the intelligence to even be able to read it!
    Yes, but his parents could use it to bludgeon him upside the head!
    I've Been Frosted

I think it's so rude when people my age blast the stereo in their cars or elsewhere. I know I hate the annoying vibrations that come with loud music, let alone hearing the music itself! I hate hate hate when the 14 year olds down my block practice their horrible guitar playing in the garage with the door wide open. SO annoying! My sister is 19 and BLASTS the music in the car where I need to scream over it to here her. I am 17, and would NEVER do it. I can't stand when anyone else do it. I think I blasted my music once when I was on I-95 just to piss an a$$ doing the same thing off.

Hi Ellie, Over here we get both, often at the same time. The screaming, crying brats AND the shatter your windows blasting stereo of their parents from the same place...right next door. Weekends? Forget about it! Several people on our street have called the cops a number of times. It quiets down for a day, maybe two then it's right back to "let's shatter the neighbor's ear drums".
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi Ellie, Over here we get both, often at the same time. The screaming, crying brats AND the shatter your windows blasting stereo of their parents from the same place...right next door. Weekends? Forget about it! Several people on our street have called the cops a number of times. It quiets down for a day, maybe two then it's right back to "let's shatter the neighbor's ear drums".

Ok, are both of your neighbors related to Karen and my neighbors?

One of the neighbors who had the worst of the screaming tresspassing kids several years ago. Well those kids are teens now and have graduated to hollaring obscenities and the boom boom radio. It's in the trunk of the car, which apparently has to be full blast before the car can be started, and up until it shuts off. Car is a beater so I'm guessing they think the boom boom is required for it to run?? And it also requires twice a week 'tuning' which means standing in the side yard with the trunk open, radio full blast, and having your friends gathering around it looking at I have no clue what, then getting in and out of the car (which requires slaming the doors of course) and back to stare at the trunk again. Unfortunately it doesn't quite drown out the screeching of the little girl on the other side of me when she's in the pool. *sigh*

I think in general the population is so inundated with loud sounds coming from screaming commercials, loud malls/restaurants, loud music, video games, traffic noise, and possibly screaming parents, that the kids have no hearing left to begin with and think the whole world has to be loud all the time.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

having lived next door to the neighbours from hell a few years ago for almost a year, no children, just continous loud parties nearly every single night, i sympathise with anyone suffering this, it is totally inconsiderate and for me it took a real toll on my health,everyone has a right to peace and quiet within their own space.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711 View Post
    Ok, are both of your neighbors related to Karen and my neighbors?
    To clarify, the little girl in my neighborhood who used to yell like that is now a driving-age teenager, as tall as me, and with a certain gravitas and dignity, and no one now would ever suspect that it was her who was the worst! Her younger siblings never developed that habit, even though both younger sisters are far chattier than she ever was!

My neighborhood is far quieter now, even though the number of small children has increased over the years as new families moved in!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    To clarify, the little girl in my neighborhood who used to yell like that is now a driving-age teenager, as tall as me, and with a certain gravitas and dignity, and no one now would ever suspect that it was her who was the worst! Her younger siblings never developed that habit, even though both younger sisters are far chattier than she ever was!

My neighborhood is far quieter now, even though the number of small children has increased over the years as new families moved in!
    Wish mine was quieter! As new families with younger children move in, the behaviour gets worse and worse with each set! I used to think that having kids shooting my vegetables in the garden with BB's was as bad as it could get till I saw a 7 year old rip one of my shrubs in half, to the ground with his bare hands, and didn't even blink or look sorry when I went out to scold him!!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I always liked the on post rules regarding stereos in cars.

If the MP can hear it with the windows in their cruiser closed, it's too loud and subject to confiscation.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

All I can do is sympathize with you all. I have been there, though not in a very long time, and hated it as well. We now live in a place where, most of the time as a friend put it, you can hear a pin drop....

I hope you can somehow correct your noise issues.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

At 8 am this morning, on my enclosed (but windows opened porch) Jonah let out a scream that startled both me and my neighbor (who was out in the backyard). We BOTH said something to him about it...the fact he scared both of us, the volume, the tone, the hour (thankfully, everyone but the two of us have on their A/C, etc.). I think he really 'got' the wrongness of what he did, and why it shouldn't be done. But, I do know he will do it again. He is a child.

WHY did he scream? The cats were running out the front door as he was trying to get out. His scream had its rightous affect on them.