Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please help me, to help a wandering pupper!

No. I do not yet have a home for him.

What I do know is that, when I get the little guy, our first visit will be to the vet. If he has contagious critters, as I suspect he will, I will most likely try to board him while he gets treatment. My apartment is too small to separate the three dogs.

After that, I have no idea what to do. I also have no idea how to pay for his treatments. I have contacted rescue organizations, and they will rescue dogs from death row, but will not pick up strays. I don't want to risk putting the poor boy into our city shelter, but I don’t know if I’ll have the choice. There he could get medical attention and I could go pick him up, when he reached the end of his allotted time. What I want so desperately is for him to have a real home with people who love him, and possibly a pupper sibling. This dog deserves a home, but I know I can not give it to him. I am attached to him already and don't really want to see him go. I have even named him and everything. I figured that even if I couldn't give him everything he needs, I could at least give him something. As sad as I would be to see the boy leave, I would gladly hand him over to any wonderfully caring home.

He is always in my thoughts, and I think of him every time the weather reeks its havoc, every time I attempt to go to sleep knowing he is still out there, and every time I look at my own sweet pups and see the happiness and joy they bring to my life. I feel so helpless, but I know to this dog, I have all the power in the world. He is counting on me.

I really hope you can rescue this sweet pup. I know how you feel about him becuase I had also tried to rescue a stray cat, he was so sweet and loving, but I havent seen him for over a month now My thoughts and prayers are with you

Have you seen him lately?? I informed Mike that we might be getting another dog and he jokingly said, WHAT?? lol What have you named the little guy??

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I named the pupper Isaiah. It just seemed like a strong name that fit a sweet white pooch.

His visits have become more frequent and I don't think he is leaving the complex as often as he used to. The people here always have food out for him (I think we are feeding some stray cats, as well) and I have seen multiple people trying to lure him to them. I think his lack of wandering also has to do with the fact that he is not feeling well. Besides the worsening limp, he also seems to be getting thinner.

This morning, he let me approach him without my dogs! I crouched down and kept scooting closer, each time throwing a bit of tuna his way. He didn't eat, but let me get closer and closer. I held out my hand with a peice of tuna in my palm. He very gently and sweetly took a tiny bite of the fish. The whole time he just looked at me, his eyes were so much sader than they were a few days ago. I think the lack of care and shelter are taking their toll. He may also realize that no one is coming back for him.

I have been contacting foster organiztions and so far everyone is full. They told me they would keep trying, but that I really needed to pray for this dog. Poor puppy

One more thing . . .

I actually touched him this morning. It scared him a bit. He stood up and moved a couple of feet away, but he didn't run like he used to. I think he is too tired to run anymore.

Oh, This is just breaking my heart!

Glad that Isaiah is warming up to you. he may be a very submissive dog if he won't eat in front of you. If you were able to "catch" him, could you hold onto him for a bit till he is back on his feet?

I would be willing to contribute to his cause and pitch in to cover his vet bills.

Keep us updated.

I will pray for this poor pup.

such a heart-breaking story! I can not contribute financially right now but you have all of my best wishes, warm thoughts, and prayers!

Pupperlover, any updates on Isaiah?

Jenny are there any new developments in Isiahs story?

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Wow this thread is more fascinating than a good novel...I can't wait to find out what happens next. Will there be an update soon??

Oh how sad!! How sad!! Oh mayn I practically started crying after hearing this boys story. He doesn't sound well! Oh gosh this is just so sad, I wish we were closer!!! Any updates??? I'm really worred about this boy..... oh gosh. My prayers and with you and him!!!!
    .*~ChRiSSaY~*.
    SOAR- Shepherds and Others Animal Rescue

update?..

Sorry to go so long without updating. I didn't realize so many people were reading this story. Not much has happened, so I haven't had a lot to tell you all about.

Last week, I managed to get a neighbor on my side to help catch the feller. She was actually in contact with one of the same rescue organizations that I was. Luckily the lady at C.A.R.E. made the connection and gave her my number.

We got so close, but once again failed at catching Isaiah. The leash was almost over his head, when he got up and darted away from us. He let out several loud yelps and limped away, looking back at us with the saddest look on his face I have ever seen. We almost got him a few other times that night, but each time we tried, we got a little bit further from success.

Since that night, I have seen very little of Isaiah. When I do seen him, it is a horrifying experience for us both. He is hanging out near the street and will come out to see my dogs, if we happen to cross paths. For some reason, he will not walk in the grass. He wanders down the middle of the street (a four lane boulevard), despite the cars traveling around him. This has only happened twice in the past week, but each time I have to turn my head away, as cars come screeching to a halt to avoid him. One night, he almost got hit by about 7-10 cars. I could barely keep myself from bursting into tears. I just wanted to run out in the street and grab him in my arms. The poor sweetie is just so petrified.

To make the situation more difficult, I am now on crutches. I can't even walk my own dogs. I don't think, Isaiah would let me get within twenty feet of him with my big scary metal thingies. I am still seeing Isaiah wandering around once in a awhile, but he is not make his presence known as he was earlier. I'm afraid that in trying to help the little guy, we have actually scared him away. I really don't know what to do at this point, other than to keep putting out food and hoping that he will come back.

It broke my heart to read your update. I am sorry you are on crutches. I hope Isaiah can be helped soon. He is in my thoughts.