Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 60 Cats found in van after traffic stop!!!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by moosmom
    That's what happens when "hoarders" collect pets. They THINK they're doing the right thing by taking them in, when in actuality, they're hurting them by not getting them medical attention.

Sad but so true.
    Usually hoarders need some type of help themselves. They're usually not quite right mentally (obviously) and it so sad what these animals have to go through!

One time someone made the remark "was I a hoarder"? The nerve....a hoarder never provides vet care when necessary, never has the animals spayed/neuter, and usually has a pretty disgusting living environment! None of which we are!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

This is just tragic......imagine the number of situations like this that we just don't know about right now......I'm sure it would be alarming.

How horrible for those cats!!!

I'm glad the officer was observent and did something when he heard the commotion! I hope they nail the lady with all 63 counts of cruelty.

Poor babies, I hope some of them can be saved and put into homes where they will be loved like they deserve.

Originally posted by K & L
    Usually hoarders need some type of help themselves. They're usually not quite right mentally (obviously) and it so sad what these animals have to go through!

One time someone made the remark "was I a hoarder"? The nerve....a hoarder never provides vet care when necessary, never has the animals spayed/neuter, and usually has a pretty disgusting living environment! None of which we are!
    Oh, I know what you mean, Lisa. When I told my allergist .... that I had a few cats (left out the exact number) ... he asked me if he would see me on the nightly news one day!

It makes me sick, but unfortunately some hoarders do start off thinking they are being rescuers!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!