Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Posers

Exactly binka. I don't mind if you're doing it because you like the style but if you're doing it for attention and to be "cool" and "popular"

I would like to peirce something someday but I'll still be Me, Rachel and I will wear my dorky shorts in weird colors with my Beatles T-Shirt. What i don't agree with is if I peirced my belly button just so I could look more "punk"

Hope that makes sense..

~Rachel
    If you're listening to this song
    You may think the chords are going wrong
    But they're not
    We just wrote it like that

When you're listening late at night
    You may think the band are not quite right
    But they are, they just play it like that

It doesn't really matter what chords I play
    What words I say or time of day it is
    As it's only a Northern song

It doesn't really matter what clothes I wear
    Or how I fare or if my hair is brown
    When it's only a Northern song

If you think the harmony
    Is a little dark and out of key
    You're correct, there's nobody there

And I told you there's no one there

~The Beatles

TM, you label Christians? WTF? It's not as if we act or dress a certain way or anything. It's like saying everyone with curly hair should be labeled "Jewish". That statement REALLY upset me. All of those labels were really terrible. I really hope you weren't too serious when you posted that.

I agree that people who are trying to be who they really aren't should stop. It's ridiculous. I don't fit into any category really. Just wear what's comfortable and be myself. People don't like that, I have lost friends because of who I really am or what I wear. I'm glad I lost them because they were the ones who were spending thousands of dollars to buy the same top that could be found at Wal-Mart for 10$.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

That irked me off too Prima. I am not a religeous person at all and I do not like people who try to impose religion on me but if It's just a regular person who has a certain faith what's wrong with that?? They should be "avoided"?

~Rachel
    But they're not

If you think the harmony

~The Beatles

I would like to peirce something someday but I'll still be Me, Rachel and I will wear my dorky shorts in weird colors with my Beatles T-Shirt. What i don't agree with is if I peirced my belly button just so I could look more "punk"
    My question is how do you know that these "posers" aren't doing it for the same reason you are? Maybe somebody just wants to have blue hair and a mohawk but they don't consider themselves punk. You never know, and it's not fair to just see someone and label them or assume that because they dress this or that way they are a poser. Have you ever seen SLC punk? If you haven't I highly recommend it, the moral of the story is, that in the end everyone is a poser.
    Last edited by Uabassoon; 09-05-2003 at 06:23 PM.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

TM I also agree with what has been said about that statement. I'm a homosexual so does that mean I dress a certain way, or act a certain way, or that I only associate with other homosexuals?

And just because you feel you aren't any of those things why can't you still hang out with those people? I had a blast in high school, and I was the biggest band geek, I was in the science club and debate team. I wasn't anything cool or special but I was well liked because I didn't judge anyone, I was friends with everyone. I hung out with all those people you sterotype, the punks, goths, nerds, jocks. I didn't care what anyone was, I just wanted to meet lots of people and have a good time.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Well said Uaba

The people I say are posers are actually posers. Unless they have developped a new sense of style and attitude over a month, I don't see how they could have changed from girly-girly to skater.

I am always willing to be friends with whoever wants to be my friend, no matter what their style. It's just that people tend to group themselves up as skaters or preps. Maybe it's just my school. Anyways, overall I agree with what you said.

from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.

Okay...

I suppose you can't say someone is a poser till you know them. I always say don't judge someone till you actually know them. Your right Ubassoon I guess when I wrote this post it was because of my "friend" Kaitlin who does a bunch of things to be "cool" and "popular." That's what I don't like.

TM please think carefully before you post it. I can't tell you how many times that I've blurted out something like "It's so annoying when kids share their AIM screename with their parents" only to find the person I'm talking to does Open your mind a little. Talk to the slutty preps even if they don't care. I used to hate school but now I love it because I've talked to everyone even the troubled kids who swear and beat each other up.

On a different note the moral of this post is

Be yourself and don't change the way you are to be considered cool!

~Rachel
    But they're not

If you think the harmony

~The Beatles

When I read Tikeya's Mom's post my jaw literally dropped.

How would you like to be in the category of moron blondes?

I bet you would not like that one bit.

I CANNOT STAND when people label others. Everyone is supposed to be different, imagine what this world would be like if everyone was exactly the same or near the same. Let people be who they want to be and not lump them all into a category based on hair color, clothing, friends, etc.

anerexic girls
    Not all of them are truly anorexic. Some of them could have medical conditions or have an extremely high metabolism. A classmate of mine named Megan has an extremely high metabolism, so does my friend Laura. Laura eats like a hog, and you would never know it- some of the stuff she eats, if I were to eat it I would gain 20 pounds. And if they truly are anorexic the majority of them don’t choose to do it on their free-will. It is a serious medical condition.

teachers pets
    What's wrong with being a teachers pet? Don't be jealous of other people just because they are liked more by the teacher. I seem to notice that a lot of "teachers pets" are extremely smart- when they are out making millions for coming up with the cure to the common cold and you are working for a dog poop scooping company you will see why they were so in tuned to their studies and had such a good relationship with their teacher.

I fit in nowhere
    Is that because you fancy yourself perfect and are in your own little category of "little princesses"? (If you judge people like that and put them into groups I could understand why you would fit in nowhere.)

Sad just plain sad.

Uabasson & Primabella- Amen sista! I am by your sides!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

WHOO HOO YLL!!!!!

My friend Max is a "teachers pet" as you would call him and I swear he will be the next Bill Gates! He is so smart and that comes in handy because he always helps me on my homework and is really funny!

You might want to try being friends with a "Geek" too. I was raised by a "geek" (my dad) and I get along with them really well.

~Rachel
    But they're not

If you think the harmony

~The Beatles

I really don't know what people could call me.

Right off the bat people call me a "wigger" or consider me one. I find it really offensive because I don't really understand the word "wigger". Supposedly it's a white person, trying to be a black person. Now, How are you supposed to act a certain race?

No one said, a white person has to be this way, a chinese person that way, and a black person another way - or atleast no one should say that.

I wear pyramid spikes sometimes. some days I wear all black. Sometimes I wear bright colors. Basically I wear whatever I have to wear.

The thing I hate is how this Freshmen walk around and constantly say "OMG, DO YYYOOUU LYKE MUH SHOOOES?!?? I GOT THEM AT HOT TOPIC."
    Ok, I could careless where you got them or even if you're wearing shoes, lol.

Ugh.. Just another thing about shoes and the moron Dean (eye-liner lipstick boy)

My friend Nicole got a pair of Phat Farm shoes. As Dean sees it, they are for black people. He comes up to her at lunch the other day gave her a dirty look and goes "What's up with the Phat farm shoes?" So I go "What, are they took black for you? Sorry Dean, not everyone's as racist and ignorant as you." He shut up and walked away.

I seriously think he's afraid of me. I know for sure, I could go off on him in a second. He couldn't even go against me verbally. However, I'm not sure about phsyically. I wouldn't tempt him to fight. Even if he was to hit me, it even proves my opinion on him more, he is a coward.

Anyways, enough off-topic things.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

This thread reminds me of the song "Imagine" By John Lennon.

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one
    But they're not

If you think the harmony

~The Beatles

Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
    This thread reminds me of the song "Imagine" By John Lennon.

Imagine there's no countries

And no religion too

No need for greed or hunger
    I'd love that!

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    that in the end everyone is a poser.

That statement is so true.

I'm not singleing you out, Rachel but, You aren't the FIRST to wear shorts and a Beatles T-Shirt. Therefor, You are a poser too. As well as myself and basically anyone in this world, lol.

-rx bandits

Yea I know...so sad...I'm a poser

I agree with Ubasoon that everyone is a poser but I just dislike the people who dress a certain way or do something just so they can become cool.

So again the moral of this post

*Wear what ever the hell you want, live you life anyway you want, but be yourself!*

~Rachel
    But they're not

If you think the harmony

~The Beatles

I like that Lennon song. I don't think "religion" is necessarily important but faith is. Even if you don't have a faith you should never hate people because they have one. It's called respect.

Amen to that YLL A lot of girls in my classes are really skinny but I see them eating like crazy. My friend thought she was fat and gave up on eating. I noticed she was getting pale and bony, so every day I would ask her what she ate for lunch. If she told me she didn't eat a lunch I lectured her (You know that 'you're so stupid! how could you do this to yourself!' stuff). This year she is nice and thin again, meat on the bones and a nice colored complexion. She had a problem with herself, she got over it. It's a medical problem, not something to call others.

About the geeks, I swear this girl in my sisters' school found a cure to a small cancer. I got this from my sister and I'm 100% she wouldn't lie about anything like this--anyways bottom line is this girl is smart and using it to help others. One of my best friends is a teacher's pet and I admit it used to get me nervous how he always had a question to ask but in the end he will be the winner and I totally respect him for that.

Sorry this is going a bit off topic. In my school, everyone labels everyone. But still, the 'losers' are starting to hang out with the 'preps' and 'jocks' and the 'punks' are hanging out with the 'geeks'. When people get to know eachother it's beyond what they wear or how they look, it's their personality that really matters and who they really are.

God I feel like I'm giving some kind of sermon. Hehe I'm done.

Edit: I admit I am a poser too. That statement is very true. It's just that if you go out of your way and be someone you are not...that's just wrong.

*Wear what ever the hell you want, live you life anyway you want, but be yourself!*
    *Cheers*