Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please say a Prayer for my dear Cally..

Oh - seeing that picture, if that's her favorite napping spot, how about making a simple ramp up to it for her? A wide chunk of board, with carpet scraps tacked on for traction, though you may want to nail together a triangle ramp as just a board leaning on the chair would inevitably get knocked down by a doggie or (in my case) a human ankle.
    I've Been Frosted

She seems to know how to *get comfortable*.

Suggestion:
    Call the Vet's Office and ask for the Office Manager or Head Vet Tech.
    Tell that person just what you said here ...

"I was frantic when i went in today.
    So i did not catch but only every other word."

They should understand where you're coming from.

ASK them to print out the Doctor's case notes and then
    ADD IN the layman's translation ... and then get the Doc to review
    what they've done. Be sure they include his Instructions.

Ask to have the final write-up fax'd, e-mailed, or snail-mailed to you
    if you can't easily stop by the office..

I've asked for this a couple of times - both Clinics we go to have done it
    very willingly.

{{{Hugs}}} to you and Cally.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Oh - seeing that picture, if that's her favorite napping spot, how about making a simple ramp up to it for her? A wide chunk of board, with carpet scraps tacked on for traction, though you may want to nail together a triangle ramp as just a board leaning on the chair would inevitably get knocked down by a doggie or (in my case) a human ankle.
    Already done,I orderd 3 off of Ebay tonight,Its so hard to keep her from Jumping,I am hoping that she gets the hang of using them,She has actually never slept on the arm of the couch,She normally sleeps on the top of couch or my bed.

The ramps should be here by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

She seems to know how to *get comfortable*.

Suggestion:
    Call the Vet's Office and ask for the Office Manager or Head Vet Tech.
    Tell that person just what you said here ...

"I was frantic when i went in today.
    So i did not catch but only every other word."

They should understand where you're coming from.

ASK them to print out the Doctor's case notes and then
    ADD IN the layman's translation ... and then get the Doc to review
    what they've done. Be sure they include his Instructions.

Ask to have the final write-up fax'd, e-mailed, or snail-mailed to you
    if you can't easily stop by the office..

I've asked for this a couple of times - both Clinics we go to have done it
    very willingly.

{{{Hugs}}} to you and Cally.
    Thank you so much,I never even thought of that,I have been looking on the net to try and understand everything,I have not read ANYTHING i was told today,I don't know what to do,I know the bone is out,That is visable,But there being no Option?I dont see or have read that anywhere.

I am going to make her another appointment tomorrow at another vet,My vet is going on 70,I dont want to say he is a bad vet,But things do not add up to me.

Im going to do that,Im going to get the notes,and ill take them into the other vet tomorrow.Im going to be switching vets sooner or later,Doc Gray is not going to be doing this forever,I can't stand the thought of nothing can be done,to pretty much wait for something bad to happen to her,Thank you all for all your support,But i am going to get to the bottom of this,And if there is surgery that can be done,and will not harm her in anyway,It will be done,She is young 6 is not old for a feline.

Thanks Again
    xxoo

I am so sorry to read this

Prayers on the way for your beautiful Cally, and you too.

Thank you all for you support,There is a story behind how Cally came to live with us.It was the Summer of 2003,My SIL has dozens of stray cats that live in her and her neighbors back yards,They feed them so there always there,The neighbor built a cat house for the cats so they had somewhere warm to stay,One was Cally's Mom.BUT she never brought her kittens in the house,They were in a Culvert,And Wild to boot.One day Becca found 5 I took her the hole day to catch them offcourse,I still remember my little Rebecca running around with gloves on trying to catch these Kittens.

She first caught Cally's brother who was a grey and white Manx,She started putting them in the "Cat House" one by one,Cally was the last to be caught,As soon as i seen her i wanted her!We broght her into my SIL,fed her called the vet right away and took her over,By that time they were around 7 weeks old and could be away from there mom,In the mist of all of this we were moving.So we took her over got everything done such as
    shots,wormed her and of course got her treated for Flees.

So Cally came to our new home with us,We were taking care of a 2 week old kittle we found also,But sadly for whatever reason the kitten took a mouthful of "Clumping Litter" during the night,and we woke up the next morning to the baby gone,It broke our hearts,And after talking we said we would adopt another kitten from that litter and that is how Alex came into the picture,She is Cally's sister,You would not know it they look completly different.

Here is a picture of the two on our cellar stairs...

Cally is on the right,Alex on the left.

I'm now just seeing this Thread and I'm glad you now know what's up with her.

I will continue to say a daily pray for Cally and hope that she will learn how to use the ramps for her own safety.

Prays,
    Melissa