Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't take it, please give me strength

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    Breathe deep............

OK, you are getting a break. Your brother's broblem (where to stay) and your dad's problem (who to help) are taken care of with one solution.

So relax!! You do NOT need to bake. People will live without the goodies.

You can clean without making everything immaculate (I do it all the time )

And (as hard as it sounds) don't let the cats get to you. They are only being human OK, you know what I mean.

Things always hit all at the same time, that is life, but then....when it;s over, it feels SOOOOOO good.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Jazzcat,

You and your crew will be in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGS and Happy Holidays,

Donna
    Same here! More HUGS and Happy Holidays --- Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Take care of the Caregiver first. And as Jen says, most of the critical stuff is already resolved.

Hugs and prayers from RI!

oh Lori my heart truly goes out to you, if only there was a simple solution, talk about a stressful situation, I have no answers my friend, but just want you to know we understand how rough it must be, I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel and soon for you.

And i understand how worried you are about your Dad, so much going on in your home right now, and no where to turn, i only hope something improves soon, I also understand about your kitty with CRF and being grumpy, My Ash is like that too,mind you he has never been a lovely natured kitty really to be perfectly honest, but it gets you down after a while.

Lots of Hugs from here to you, and fingers and all paws crossed there is some way you can solve your very difficult problems.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm so sorry to hear that things are so stressful for you right now.
    I hope things get better for you soon.
    It could be worse, you could have snowstorm after snowstorm on top of everything else going on.
    Would you like me to send some Vermont snow your way?
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

If I hadn't had plans for this afternoon, I would have offered to help with cleaning. I'm not very good at the baking stuff, but I would have been happy to help in whatever other way would help you out.

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through so much stress and that you're now sick too. I'm glad that your brothers will be in town so that they can help your father. Please take care of yourself and try not to push yourself or you'll just continue to feel worse.

If your house isn't immaculate then your family should understand because you're sick and if they don't then they can start cleaning it themselves. I hope that your cats will begin to calm down soon and learn to get along with each other. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I just wanted to send my support and love and hope you feel better asap and that the cat situation resolves quickly.
    ((hugs))
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Checking in this morning and hoping that things have calmed down considerably and that your fur clan is more cooperative. We put such pressure on ourselves during the holidays; we sure don't need our furkids adding to the problem. Wishing you peace.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sending hugs to you. I know that having a parent in that state of dementia is always lots and lots of stress- because whatever you do it will not bring him back
    You are a very strong person and once in a while there is just a day that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Sending hugs to you. I know that having a parent in that state of dementia is always lots and lots of stress- because whatever you do it will not bring him back
    You are a very strong person and once in a while there is just a day that sucks.
    Barbara is exactly right. This too shall pass but it is so hard when you are in the midst of several things like this all happening at once. (((hugs))) to you. Sandie is also right because as 'caretaker' you are no good to anyone (dad or kitties) if you are not well yourself.

Thank you everyone (and Vermontcat I would LOVE a little snow ).

My fever is down a little and I feel a bit better today but this stuff has now turned into the worst sore throat I have had in my life. Worse than any bout of strep throat I've ever had. I couldn't sleep last night because every time I would swallow I would wake up in pain and crying. I believe whatever I have has taken a different path than what Richard had. I may be calling the dr. tomorrow.

My other brother who will be staying with me called last night to basically forbid me from going to Dad's because he said they can take care of everything there when he arrives including getting the caretaker's Christmas gift to her, Dad's gift to his sister at the nursing home, putting up the tree and my part of Christmas dinner if I'm still sick. Richard is going to cook and bake what I was going to take to his family dinner on Christmas Eve so it looks like I'm covered. Now I just need to feel good enough to give my house the once over tomorrow and I'm golden.

Also, the cats must have read my stress because there was NO pee or poop this morning and everyone is behaving better. I think that is due to the fact that sun is out for the first time in about 10 days.

Thank you all for the shoulders, support and offers to help.

From Decker with Love

Oh Lori you poor girl, you sound miserable, i remember having a throat like you described, mine was a strep though, and it was terrible, never again, please no thank you, i sure hope the doctor can give you something to help ease the pain, lots of jelly and ice cream for you my dear.

Glad to hear there is an improvement all round in the situation you were dealing with, and those kitties, yep they know it is time to behave, mama has had enough, take care sweetie.

Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Well my brother who was going to stay with me just called to tell me they booked two nights at a hotel nearby. I hate that they have to do that but I understand and I don't want him to get what I have. He has to be so careful since he has MS. Something like this could be so harmful to him. We all hope I'm well enough for them to stay here Christmas Eve. I'll be wiping down the whole house with Clorox wipes.

I know my Dad will be upset. He wants them to stay with him but he already has a houseful and giving up his bed (which he wants to do) is not an option. He needs to sleep in his own bed and stay on his routine.

From Decker with Love

Sounds like things are slowly working out, even with the cats (if only for a few days but it's a start). If it's possible, try and get as much rest as possible, it will speed up your healing for sure. Prayers that your throat will be on the mend asap!
    Don't forget to steal a few minutes for yourself! A hot tea and a bath might be in order.