Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please help me, to help a wandering pupper!

(pupper-lover, I posted before (jessililly) but this post might stand in another name because I thought I had to register again, because I lost my password, and my e-mail donīt recive any new e-mails, so they canīt mail me another pawssword, i think. I will try to get my last registration back)

yes, they are all babies to me too!
    My dog is soon 8 years young, and he will always be my puppy!
    I think you are so kind for doing this, the baby had been lost without you.
    I donīt think anyone else would have saved him.
    I also think he already cares for you, but still Iīm scared, of course, poor baby, he has problably been trough alot of hurt and sorrow...
    it is a big step that he let you see him eat, it really is.
    I think he deep inside feels safe when you are near, because he know that you wonīt let anything bad happend to him again, but still canīt trust anyone yet..
    My heart breaks for this puppy, he so badly want a friend, he donīt want to cry alone anymore, he wants to feel the love of a hug...
    someday you will hug him, I think you problably will break into tears when that moment comes.

God Bless You, you are everything to him...

jessica

Maybe this will help

Hi there!!! Check out this site

http://www.animalspirit.ca

Tha lady that owns this site may be able to help you out with at least sound advice on what you can do.....no guarantees but it's worth a shot. Good luck!!!!!

The essay on that site made me all teary eyed.

http://www.animalspirit.ca/how.html

It did make me cry too.....

Ditto.

That one always gets to me.

Good luck on catching the pup (dog). It is a wonderful thing that you do.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Today, the pup let me get so close I could touch him (but I didn't)!

Jake and I walked up to the pupper, he wagged and came closer to us. I had to hold on to Jake's collar to keep him from jumping. Despite this, the dog sniffed all around Jake's head and neck, etc, wagging the whole time. I even held out my hand for him to sniff. He didn't seem interested in me, but he didn't back away. I was even able to hold out some food, that was readily sniffed, but not consumed. Jake and I sat down on the sidewalk, and the dog layed down a couple of feet from Jake. My presence is no longer as intimidating. Yeah! After awhile, I got up. It scared him slightly, but not the way it used to. I hope we're on our way to happier pupper-ness!

Oh, I am so glad!
    What a sweetheart he is, he is so glad someone cares for him.
    I canīt wait to here about the next big step...

jessica

So great to hear you are making some progress! Keep up the good work!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by sessan
    My heart breaks for this puppy, he so badly want a friend, he donīt want to cry alone anymore, he wants to feel the love of a hug...
    someday you will hug him, I think you problably will break into tears when that moment comes.
    Don't hug him yet! Wait for a long time! I bear a scar right on my lower lip where I was bitten when I was four by a beighnor dog whom I hugged. CHOMP! Ow!!!!!! I was more surprised than I was hurt, but my parents, after bandaging my lip and cleaning me up, explained to me that not all dogs are "hugging" dogs, and he was probably very scared and found my hug threatening!

So wait wait wait before hugging!

Just has to add my 2 cents!

Karen, I agree, she should wait for the right moment, but I hope that just one day she will be able to hug him, I didnīt mean she would do that tommorow, it will take time, the poor dog is very scared, but is taking baby steps every day, i think...
    Karen,Iīm sorry you had a bad moment when you hugged that dog, but it looks like it havenīt brought out any love for animals from your heart...

jessica

Don't worry, I am not attempting to gets hugs from this dog. I have not yet even dared to touch him. I want to help him, but I am very aware of his fear of humans. The last thing I want to do is scare the pup into fear biting. My goal is to gain his trust, so I can help him. Snuggling is not in the near future, but thank you for the concern. I would definately not want someone to read these posts and get the idea to go out and force their love on stray animals that do not know how to accept human affection. One should always be weary of approaching an animal they do not know.

Pupperlover, any new updates on your stray dog?

He is still without any form of permanent shelter, but he has definitely taken a liking to my dogs and me. We can't go anywhere without a wagging white shadow. Unfortunately, he will also follow us out of the complex and wander into traffic. I have to sneak out the other entrance, to take my puppers for walks.

He will come right up to me, if I have my dogs, but I still have no way of getting a hold of him. I feel privileged that he will stand close to me, despite the fact that he stills runs from everyone else. I also feel more and more responsibility for his safety. He has obviously choosen me to trust and I must do everything I can to help him.

The pup is very happy, every time I see him, but his limp is getting worse and worse. It pains me to see such a sweet creature suffering, and all because of some worthless individual. Please continue to keep this dog in your thoughts and prayers. May he be saved before the cruelty of this world overwhelms his little body.

The way I got Smokey when we took him was to take a leash and make a loop at the end so that I could slip it over his head and then just took him with me. If this little guy trusts you now, I would continue to talk sweetly to him and then try and slip the leash over his head and see what he does. Did you say you had someone to take him once you get him?? I keep hoping when I see your name on this thread that you've gotten him. Good luck.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!