Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I fear that my senior Boo is on his decline; *Update #109; 10/13

Mary, this is wonderful news!!! I hope he'll continue to do this well for a long time to come.

Boo had a rough night again. He was doing ok until I gave him the Buprinex before bed, at least I think that's what caused his vomiting. I didn't get into bed until 3:00 AM and at 4:00 he started vomiting. I watched him in the litter box this morning and only a tiny bit of urine came out. I hope that the tumor isn't blocking him again already. He barely had time to recover from the last few days. He didn't eat any breakfast this morning so I haven't had the heart to give him his other meds yet. I'm going to stop the Buprinex and give him Metacam instead but he still needs his thyroid med and the antibiotic b/c Dr. Lee said that some cats get a UTI after catheterization. I feel so bad now. I hope he can snap out of this. Please say a prayer for my handsome boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

You have my prayers.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

More prayers for beloved Boo.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry to hear this. When I was giving my RB Sunny Buprinex, I noticed that it would make him very lethargic and he wouldn't want to eat so I didn't want to give it to him unless he really needed it. Towards the end he would also throw up after eating. It's just so sad to watch. I hope Boo will make another turn around for the better very soon. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

He hasn't eaten a bite all day and he's lying in the same spot on my bed as he was this morning. He's gotten no meds whatsoever b/c I think he'll just throw them up anyhow. I wish he would show some sign of improvement. Even at his sickest, he'd make an attempt to jump up on my lap while I'm at the computer but he hasn't moved at all.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Mary, I hope this is just a bump as his tummy is not used to the meds...prayers and good thoughts that Boo perks up soon. {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thought I'd post these of Boo snuggling up to Specs and Creamsicle in the foreground.

Boo is much worse. He hasn't eaten all day; I can't tempt him w/anything. He's peeing but just dribbles. He hasn't left my bed all day. I left a message for Dr. Lee that I'm taking him in tomorrow morning. I don't know what the outcome will be but this boy is sick and I have to put an end to it one way or the other. My heart is breaking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boo and Specs when Boo was sick.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	46210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boo and Specs and Creamsicle.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	46211  
    Blessings,
    Mary

You have my prayers and Boo and you are in my thoughts.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Hugs and prayers going out Mary.

Dear little Boo...that is so sweet with Specs cuddling him.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry.

Hugs and prayers for Boo and you both.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry to hear that he's not improving. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Boo is w/Peeka and Pidgie and Puddy now

More later.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

Mary, God love you................I know that there are no words that are just right to make you feel better..but what you have accomplished is full of love for Boo and he is at peace and comfortable now.

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now! (((HUGS))) Keeping you and precious Boo in my thoughts...

I was thinking... maybe he's happy now to be with his beloved Pidgie again. (((HUGS)))
    Last edited by Kirsten; 11-01-2010 at 11:10 AM.