Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucee's getting spayed today

Poor Lucee! Poor you!

I hope all goes well with her surgeries and that the lumps are benign. *hugs*

No matter what, I know she'll be happy to see you and her sissy's again.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor pups. It was the right thing to do though..It needed to be done, and you took action.
    I hope little Lucee is going to be okay.

Sending many get well wishes Lucee that your spay
    will go without a hitch.

----<---<--<{(@

So sorry

about Lucee but you are doing what is best for her which is more than we can say for the blanks that dumped her.
    Next week we are getting a stray cat and our puppy spayed and I think the stray may already be pregnant but the kittens would have no life worth discussing so we are going ahead.
    You are doing the right thing and you should really be commended for it.

I called the vet just before I left work and they said Lucee was doing OK. And not to worry. She was on pretty heavy pain meds. OH NO, poor Lucee. We will walk the girls in the morning, feed them breakfast and then go up and get her. Ashlee and Nina will stay home to wait for her.

Do all dogs take pain meds after getting spayed or is it because she was PG and had the mouth surgery too? Poor poor girl.

Any one know anything about growths under the tounge? They will send it to a lab to be tested, for cancer, I guess.

I have to keep busy or I will cry about her being in the cage at the vets, so off to clean the oven and the fireplace.

Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

My dog Vanilla was pregnant when she was spayed. We had no clue, because she was so thin. She was pregnant with six puppies, and then you wouldn't have believe how thin she was after she was spayed. It was pitiful. She was basically almost starved, but because she was pregnant she didn't look quite as bad. She weighs 25 pounds now, right after her spay she weighed 11 pounds.

Good luck to your doggie, I'm sure all will go fine. Vanilla was fine, even though she was fairly late term as well.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

i am glad to hear Lucee came through the spaying and biopsie ok, ill be praying for a speedy recovery,and the all clear on the tests as well.

as for the painkillers it is pretty normal to have a shot of somthing before going home, but i guess in Lucee's case they would give her somthing extra to take home and make her more comfortable.

give the sweet girl a hug for me when she comes home and take care of yourselves as well
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Our vet never asked about/offered pain killers when we had our grils spayed, but I know when my sister got her dogs spayed they all had painkilllers. I think the vets are becoming more aware that the dogs do feel pian rom surgery and are giving meds more often.

When Cincy was a baby she went trough three sugeries in about 3 months. After the first one, she developed little bumps all over in her mouth. When she had her second surgery, we had them biopsied and found out they were warts, or more specifically "cutaneous papilloma", caused by a virus, esp. from the strees of surgery so young (she was 3 1/2 months at her first one) They went away after a few weeks.

I guess there are several types of papillomas, usually inthe mouth or mucus membranes, and usually begnin. I don't know if something like this may be similar to what Lucee has ornot, but two site that I hve found helpful for vet info in general are...

Pet Education and
    Vet info

Thanks so much for the links. I will take this info with us when we go pick her up at noon today and see what the vets have to say. Tom just called them and they said she was doing "wonderful' all happy and wiggley to see them this morning. Great news. I felt bad all night worring about her. Nina slept on Lucee's bed instead of her own.
    If Lucee looses a lot of weight she will look like a different breed of dog again. She might look like a Minpin instead of a Mini Rot. Do all dogs loose weight if they have pups when they are spayed? Ashlee and Nina both came to us spayed.

What types of surgery did Cincy have to have so young?

Poor Vanilla, thats more than 1/2 her weight she lost. Lucee too didn't look fat but she was getting more puffy on her tits. It was just like 3 days and I told Tom she is looking PG. But body wise you could never tell. Good thing she is a sturdy little dog.

I will post after we pick her up today.
    Katz

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Kisses to Lucee. Sorry that she was pregnant. Chin up, Lucee - you'll be feeling better soon!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Sending Big Hugs for Lucee, and you too.

I am sorry to hear that Lucee is pregnant, but glad to hear everything turned out ok. Good luck with everything!

Originally posted by tomkatzid
    What types of surgery did Cincy have to have so young?

Cincy had cherry eye in both eyes. It is when the thrid (lower) eyelid prolapses and forms a red "bubble" (for lack of a better term) on the lower eye. The first on happened when she was 3 1/2 months and that one was reattached. When she was 4 1/2 months the other eye did the same, and at that point she also had warts on her eyelid, so they removed it. This means she is missing a tear duct, so we will have to watch her fort he rest of her life to be sure she doesn't develop dry eye (so far, so good). The thrid surgery was her spaying at 6 months.

Sounds like Lucee is recovering nicely! The first day is pretty easy, they are zonked from the meds...after that is it tougher cause they want to jump and play and you want to be sure they don't tear anything