Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Posers

I love hearing kids try to say that they are more "punk" or "goth"
    than others because of some odd reason. The fact is, unless you were a teenager in the late seventies and early eighties and were hot on the trails of The Sex Pistols, you are, in fact, being a punk poser. It's been done for over twenty years, so get over yourself, it's far from original.

The same can be said for goth considering it started up in the early eighties. If you think following a trend that began at your birth is original, you need to start stretching your brain a bit.

Get into the music if you like. Wear the clothes that you think reflect this. Whatever. Just don't think you're more original than other kids because you did it six months before them.

Originally posted by primabella
    TM, you label Christians? WTF?
    OMG I didnt mean it that way... There is a BIG group of teens that hang out ONLY with ppl that go to their bible study, and they travell everywhere together, just like the punks ect...

They dont socialize with anyone els but eachother. We just call them the Christian group, I am Christian but I am not in their groupy thing. I grew up with a couple of the ppl in it though. I didnt mean it as a bad thing. please dont take it personally. u all were naming the groups in your schools so I named the groups in my school. UGH, dont get mad please. you took it the wronge way ...

I have grown up with alot of the ppl in my school and they all still take the bus with me and everything...
    I am christian, UGHHHH!!!!!. forget it ...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Okay as long as you didn't mean to sya it like, "Oh she's Christian" and make a face or something. It's still wrong to label someone according to their religion and beliefs. JMHO

I also look at labeling people differently now, that's what discussing is for. You are open to other opinions and you may learn something. It just gets me angry when people go out of their way to fit in with their friends' sense of style so they could be "part of them". It's stupid. Oh well.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I got to thinking-

As we are touching breifly on the "religon" labels. Some people also consider "goth" a religon as well. Well I found this site, I dont know if it quite pertains, but it is interesting.

A study of gothic subcaluture

Definition of a "prep"-
    A person whose manner and dress are deemed typical of traditional preparatory schools.

Jock-
    An athletic supporter.
    Sports. An athlete, especially in college.
    Slang. One characterized by excessive concern for machismo.

Raver-
    An all-night dance party, especially one where techno, house, or other electronically synthesized music is played.

I recived this from a friend whos views where changed after reading this-
    Our nourishment of choice is love. Our addiction of choice is technology. Our religion of choice is music. Our currency of choice is knowledge. Our politics of choice is none. Our society of choice is utopian though we know it will never be.

You may hate us. You may dismiss us. You may misunderstand us. You may be unaware of our existence.

We can only hope you do not care to judge us, because we would never judge you.

We are not criminals. We are not disillusioned. We are not drug addicts. We are not naïve children.

We are one massive, global, tribal village that transcends man-made law, physical geography, and time itself. We are The Massive. One Massive.

We were first drawn by the sound. From far away, the thunderous, muffled, echoing beat was comparable to a mother’s heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel, and electrical wiring. We were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness, and darkness of it, we came to accept that we all equal. Not only to the darkness, and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and passing through our souls: we are all equal.

And somewhere around 35Hz we could feel the hand of God at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies, and our spirits. Pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by sharing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magical bubble that can, for one evening, protect us from the horrors, atrocities, and pollution of the outside world. It is in that very instant, with these initial realizations that each of us was truly born.

We continue to pack our bodies into clubs, or warehouses, or buildings you’ve abandoned and left for naught, and we bring life to them for one night. Strong, throbbing, vibrant life in its purest, most intense, most hedonistic form. In these makeshift spaces, we seek to shed ourselves of the burden of uncertainty for a future you have been unable to stabilize and secure for us. We seek to relinquish our inhibitions, and free ourselves from the shackles and restraints you’ve put on us for your own "peace of mind".

We seek to re-write the programming that you have tried to indoctrinate us with since the moment we were born. Programming that tells us to hate, that tells us to judge, that tells us to stuff ourselves into the nearest and most convenient pigeon hole possible. Programming that even tells us to climb ladders for you, jump through hoops, and run through mazes and on hamster wheels. Programming that tells us when to eat from the shiny silver spoon you are trying to feed us with, instead of nourish ourselves with our own capable hands. Programming that tells us to close our minds, instead of open them.

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of a world you’ve created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in:

Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

Our enemy of choice is ignorance. Our weapon of choice is information. Our crime of choice is breaking and challenging whatever laws you feel you need to put in place to stop us from celebrating our existence.

But know that while you may shut down any given party, on any given night, in any given city, in any given country or continent on this beautiful planet, you can never shut down the entire party. You don’t have access to that switch, no matter what you may think. The music will never stop. The heartbeat will never fade. The party will never end.

I am a raver, and this is my manifesto.

Geek-
    A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
    A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits.

Thug-
    A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.
    also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

Skater-
    One who skates, as on ice.
    One who skateboards

Player-
    player

\Play"er\, n. 1. One who plays, or amuses himself; one without serious aims; an idler; a trifler. --Shak.

2. One who plays any game.

3. A dramatic actor. --Shak.

4. One who plays on an instrument of music. ``A cunning player on a harp.'' --1 Sam. xvi. 16.

5. A gamester; a gambler.

Originally posted by binka_nugget

Offtopic: Nova looks a 'helluva' lot like nala! LOL Is she part horse too? LOL

Yes, Nova is infact part horse. Will she ever stop growin? She just keeps getting taller and taller!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Jock-
    An athletic supporter.
    LOL like a jock strap or a cup?!?!?
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    LOL like a jock strap or a cup?!?!?

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

the players in my school go from girl to girl trying to get laied. it is sick. thats why everyon e calls them players, including themselves. they think it is cool. which it isnt. I just had to add that ..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

LMAO! supporter eh?...ahhaha

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

LMAO!!!! I think i laughed so hard i got rid of my hiccups!! lol! You people crack me up!

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    the players in my school go from girl to girl trying to get laied. it is sick. thats why everyon e calls them players, including themselves. they think it is cool. which it isnt. I just had to add that ..
    I think it is dumb how a girl is called a whore for going and haveing sex, The guys are players, they are so cool.....not.

Originally posted by iceyshiver21
    I think it is dumb how a girl is called a whore for going and haveing sex, The guys are players, they are so cool.....not.
    Both of them are whores, in my opinion.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

The clothes people wear don't bother me --- If they try and dress in a different style, why should it bother you? I can see the skateboard thing. There is no point in having a skateboard and carrying it around unless you are trying to leanr how to use it.

I wear "punk" or "studded" or "leather" bracelets, whatever you want to call them. Does this mean I'm a "punk?" Hell no! My favourite colour to wear is black. Does this mean I'm a "goth?" Nope. I like to wear tight clothes. Does this mean I'm a "prep?" NO. I'm myself! I hang out with my friends. They consist of a number of people that would be placed in certain "groups." But they choose to be with me, and do not "pose" to be my friends.

The definition of pose : "To represent oneself falsely; pretend to be other than what one is. "

And you can determine a liar from their clothes? Ok then....
    I've been BOO'd!