Thread: Cat Snot

Hybrid View

The L-lysine is working! She's been sniffling and sneezing a lot less and there hasn't been any snot in days now. There is still a little snot in her sinuses as I can hear it, but even that is less often.

We're so happy to notice the difference! Hurray kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Digi View Post
    The L-lysine is working! She's been sniffling and sneezing a lot less and there hasn't been any snot in days now. There is still a little snot in her sinuses as I can hear it, but even that is less often.

That's great, glad it is working for her!
    I've Been Frosted

I am glad the L-lysine is working for you. If it would make things easier the l-lysine is available in a powder form, so you can just mix it into the food. I get mine from amazon.com

I got some powdered lysine from the vet, but after I sprinkled some on their food the cats ate hardly any of it.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

it is available in different flavours, so if your guys are anything like mine ... the flavour of the month changes more quickly than every month

I mix the l-lysine into wet cat food. She's a bottomless pit, so I have had 0 issues getting it into her.

l-lysine is awesome stuff! I've also had good luck with adding FortiFlora to my snotty cat's food...it seems to keep her immune system in top form. (My snotty cat is snotty from herpes, so of course results may vary! ^_^ )

Quote Originally Posted by Digi View Post

YAY!!! I am SO glad to hear this!!! We tend to have favorable results with this in the viral kitties like I talked about in my first comment on here.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers. Some people are just rude, rude, rude. If you want to be heard, don't start insulting people, for crying out loud.

While there is a movement for less vaccines, your pets STILL NEED THEM, unless you're running titers every year... and titers DO run out, they don't always last forever!!!! I have yet to see a cat develop these symptoms from vaccines, as again a vast majority of them happen in shelter cats who were largely found on the street or owner surrenders because they have a large feral cat population, etc..... IE, cats who have most likely never been vaccinated.

Cat allergies do not manifest as sinus congestion. They just don't.

You CAN see sinus congestion with other issues as mentioned, like dental disease... but I'm sure if Digi's cat's teeth were *that* bad to cause issues like this, she would know.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    YAY!!! I am SO glad to hear this!!! We tend to have favorable results with this in the viral kitties like I talked about in my first comment on here.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers. Some people are just rude, rude, rude. If you want to be heard, don't start insulting people, for crying out loud.

While there is a movement for less vaccines, your pets STILL NEED THEM, unless you're running titers every year... and titers DO run out, they don't always last forever!!!! I have yet to see a cat develop these symptoms from vaccines, as again a vast majority of them happen in shelter cats who were largely found on the street or owner surrenders because they have a large feral cat population, etc..... IE, cats who have most likely never been vaccinated.

Cat allergies do not manifest as sinus congestion. They just don't.

You CAN see sinus congestion with other issues as mentioned, like dental disease... but I'm sure if Digi's cat's teeth were *that* bad to cause issues like this, she would know.
    Our rescue's vet (she sees all our pets too) is one of the best, as the OSPCA uses her for their animal cruelty case investigations. Her hubby works at the zoo, so I'm not worried she or the other 2 vets missed anything.

Gwen's mother & litter mates do not show any signs of Herpies, nor are any of them snotty. Gwen was in a small shelter/foster in a private home, not a city shelter. Gwen was born like this at that shelter. Shes lived with Pacasso for nearly a year, and he doesn't show any signs of it either.

We're just happy this stuff is working