Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
That's truly wonderful news. I'm very pleased for the family and for Walter, and for the donor cat who is getting a new home. It's also wonderful that IMOM has been able to keep going with 99% of people feeling the economic pinch.

I don't understand the concern for a donor cat, beyond worrying that he will do well with the surgery. The cats selected to be donors are all shelter cats and let's remember that 70% of all cats in shelters end up being euthanized. It's true we can't give a cat the choice of dying or losing a kidney and being adopted, but I know what my choice would be as a human. My concern for animals being used without choice is for those in labs being used in their thousands for testing so we can have the latest glue, or caulk, or injectable foam insulation, or medication, or cleaning product.

Just my take on this.
I hope I'm misunderstanding you. You seem to have no concern for the donor cat - am I reading that right. It's all right with you if he remains a shelter cat and perhaps one day is euthanized? Please tell me I'm wrong.