Thread: Dancing with the Stars...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record, but Derek Hough is incredible. His choreography is so far above and beyond everyone else's. I really wish Ricki wouldn't pucker her mouth like she does, but other than that . . . she is fantastic to watch. I wasn't overly excited with any of the other dances, except for the Team Paso routine. THAT was awesome.

Gotta say this . . . Maks and Hope are quite possibly one of the worst pairings I've ever seen on the show. I just feel bad for her. She is not my favorite, anyway, but she just looks miserable with Maks.

I 100% agree with every statement you just posted.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    I 100% agree with every statement you just posted.
    Hope and Maks seriously seem to bring out the worst in each other. Did you watch the rehearsal package for their group routine? Maks walked out in frustration and Derek immediately went to Hope's side to help her. He's just a class act, all around. I know he has his breaking point, and I've seen him get testy just like everyone else, but overall, he truly seems to just want to help people be their best.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

How cool is this

J.R. Martinez Named Rose Parade Grand Marshal

Pasadena - The grand marshal for Pasadena's 123rd Tournament of Roses is a certain crowd pleaser.

Leading the Jan. 2 procession of floats will be J.R. Martinez, the "Dancing With the Stars" contestant, "All My Children" daytime soap opera star and Iraq War veteran seriously burned when his Humvee hit a land mine.

He will also toss the coin before kickoff of the 98th Rose Bowl Game in honor of all wounded military personnel.

The Tournament of Roses Association announcement Tuesday says Martinez is a perfect fit for the "Just Imagine ..." parade theme.

Martinez says he's grateful for the opportunity to share his message of hope and possibility.

Tournament President Rick Jackson says Martinez is an inspiration because of his courage and dedication to helping all Americans facing challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    How cool is this
    Very cool! I love JR. His spirit and personality are amazing. To me he is like a bright shiny star and anyone around him his going to glow. I mean look at Karina. I've always thought she was a beautiful dancer, but her personality seemed a little hard to me. This year with JR she seems a little softer and more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    Very cool! I love JR. His spirit and personality are amazing. To me he is like a bright shiny star and anyone around him his going to glow. I mean look at Karina. I've always thought she was a beautiful dancer, but her personality seemed a little hard to me. This year with JR she seems a little softer and more fun.
    She does seem a lot softer!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

So sad about the results this week.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I was disappointed with the results and sad to see that couple go. Really thought it should have been someone else, but I don't vote so I guess I can't complain...lol

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    Hope and Maks seriously seem to bring out the worst in each other. Did you watch the rehearsal package for their group routine? Maks walked out in frustration and Derek immediately went to Hope's side to help her. He's just a class act, all around. I know he has his breaking point, and I've seen him get testy just like everyone else, but overall, he truly seems to just want to help people be their best.
    OMG...don't they, though?? Their relationship seems so volatile(?not sure if that is the right word). I actually thought Maks was a tad bit abusive in that last package. Definitley not a good pairing. I'm not sure but I think I had read somewhere that he actually pushed for her to be his partner. Not sure about that. LOVED the way Derek stepped in there. I do sometimes wonder how much the editing plays in all of this though. I mean, every show wants to have a bad guy. I've never disliked Maks. Always enjoyed watching him dance and he sure as heck isn't hard to look at and I've even giggled at his cocky attitude, but this year his arrogance is a little over the top for me.