Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana 300 has a tumor.

Im torn. Im pissed we are all thinking of ourselves over whats better for Dana. Dana isnt herself, and mom and I know she isnt having a good quality of life. The stepdad knows that we cant send her to Seatle for radiation treatment, and even he wont put her through an operation that would mean amputating part of her head, not sure what thats about as I didnt talk to the vet but Im with him on this. BUt he is going to try a treatment to get her eating again just to get another 30-60 days for her. He doesnt seem to be able to give her her meds, moms and I have been doing that. We already tried a appetite enhancing med, when I gave it to her she just seem to let it run out of her mouth and not swallow any of it

I feel guilty about not putting my foot down and insisting my stepdads buddy be PTS, and instead watching her suffer. I feel bad for my mom as she is being just as enabling as I am for Dana's suffering.

My stepdad still seems to hold some hope that Dana can have some sort of quality of life for at least a few more weeks. I can understand it but it seems like its more for him then her.

Dana was mine as a kitten and I couldnt have found a better family for her then my folks but I cant stand to see her not eat, drink or enjoy herself. She just wants to curl up in the litter box and sleep.

Damn these allergies.
    Last edited by blue; 10-21-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Your step Dad has to find acceptance and sometimes that is hard to do but I am sure he will, he will HAVE to rather he wants to or not. Lets hope he can find accpetance and peace before she has to suffer to much more.

It is just so hard to let go of something we love so much.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

My mom and I went through this with a dearly beloved kitty - one of two left behind when my sister went into long-term care.

We had to put our OWN feelings aside, and truly look at what was best for Pyka.

Even if Transfer Factor was a possibility, by the time it got ordered and sent, Dana would be in worse shape, or gone.

I'm sorry for Dana's illness.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yes, it's always very difficult to let a beloved pet go. I'm sure that your step dad is having a hard time letting her go and he's hoping for a miracle. The first time I had to put one of my cats down I too had a difficult time. Other people had to tell me that it was time and I had to put my feelings aside for what was best for my RB Pepper. It never gets easier but now I know to look at the quality of life first and leave my wants/feelings out of it. I hope he'll begin to see what's really best for Dana 300.