Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millie cut a hole in her ear :(

Millie, wishing your ear heals fast.
    Hugs (((^..^)))

----<---<--<{(@

Imagestation is down for a bit, they're doing maintenence.

I'll try photobucket.

Before () the incident:

Oh, poor Millie! I would have freaked out, too. Hope she's feeling better today....

Mean mean rose bush!

I tried to look at your pictures earlier but Imagestation was down. Now I can see them all and what a sad looking little pupster she is. Millie unfortunately the roses are pretty but they do have their nasty side. I am sorry you found out the hard way. I know you must feel a little silly in the contraption that your mommy and daddy have rigged up for you but it won't last forever. We are all just so glad that the bleeding has stopped and you are on the way to recovery. Now as for your mom, I wonder if her heart has stopped racing yet!

Aww, poor Millie

That must have been so scary, I would have been in a complete panic.

Poor Millie girl! I would have freaked with all that blood everywhere too! She looks so miserable with the cone on her head and all...hope she gets feeling better soon!

Poor sweet girl!!! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, Micki. I hope she is doing better.

Oh no, poor Millie! She looks very unhappy in those pictures. I hope she feels better soon.

From Decker with Love

Poor Millie - I hope she gets better soon!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

How's Millie doing? Is she out of the snood and lamp shade collar?
    Poor lil girl. Hope she she feeling better.

Oh Millie you look so darn sad in your getup. I do hope you ear is feeling better today.
    Hugs and kisses to you sweetie.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by micki76 View Post
    My poor sweet girl.

We were sitting out in the backyard after hubby finished working on the chainlink fence watching the dogs play, and I called Millie to come give me a kiss. Well she came running at me at top speed and ran into the rose bush by the pathway. She screamed bloody murder and when she finally got to me she was bleeding like a stuck pig. I mean there was blood everywhere. We were frantically trying to figure out where she had cut herself. I swear, as much as she was pumping out, I was looking along her side for a huge gash. There were drops of blood raining down everywhere on the patio, on us, and it seemed to be all over Millie.

We finally figured out that it was her ear and that every time she moved blood was going everywhere. I finally pinched the hole with my fingers and got her to stop bleeding, but every time she moved blood pumped out, especially when she shook her ears.

We took her inside with a half a roll of paper towels rapped around her head and I held her while Michael cut a sock to put on her head. We got the homemade snood on her and it stayed on pretty good, and along with the cone, kept her from flapping her ears and making it bleed. We called the vet and he had us put super glue on a small bit of cotton and stick it on her ear! Then we taped it up really well. So now the poor baby has a cotton ball super glued to her ear, then 5 layers of tape, then a tacky sock snood, and a degrading cone. He also advised that we should give her some of Abby’s leftover tranquilizers for the night. So now she’s also stoned and out of it. Steve said that the ears and tongue are the biggest bleeders and that if we can keep her from bleeding tonight and tomorrow, by Monday she should be safe to leave alone without coating the ceiling & walls in blood.

I have to say that there's a good reason that I don't have skin kids. There's no way I could keep it together when they got hurt. I freaked when I couldn't figure out where all that blood was coming from. Freaked. Freaked!!!

She asked that I not show you pictures, but this is PT and pics are required. She's asleep now so she'll never know.

She's not nearly as good a patient as Chester, but then he’s had way more practice.

So pics of my poor baby in her horrible getup are in the next post.
    Poor Girl, hope she gets well soon. God bless her and give her good health.

Pooor Millie!!! I know how badly ear cuts bleed!!! One time Heidi came home for hunting with the boys and she had decided she wanted to run through barbwire fence (wonderful idea might i add) and so i had to call my vet at 7 pm on a sunday night, and we went in. She had to have stitches to put it back together, and i got to help sew it up. It healed up so nicely you can barely see it. But super glue is an awesome tool for cuts like that!! We have it always just in case stuff happens, since Heidi is accident prone. I can't see the pictures, but i am sure she is totally thrilled to have new fashion accesories....NOT!! Keep us posted on how she is doing!

Miranda, this is an old thread from 2004, Millie healed up long ago, and was back to making trouble in no time!
    I've Been Frosted

WELLLL karen....I should maybe like read the dates before I post. Sorrry.. Genius me...