Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I found on my back porch today!

Where are these dogs coming from??
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Where are these dogs coming from??
    I have no clue. Some people here are too lazy to walk them and just let them run. One had a collar so I know it had a home. I couldn't see a tag though. That doesn't suprise me. They wouldn't want anyone to know who they are and call the police.

My bro said I should just keep the kits in the house. If the bathroom was bigger I would. There is just no room for them to run and play in there though. I may have to do it as a last resort.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Thanks for the pictures of the babies. They are all adorable.
    Whatever you decide to keep them will be ok. You seem to be making
    all the right choices from where I sit. LOL. I'd give anything to be your
    next door neighbor right now, we could take turns playing with them.

ps. Thank your brother for being such a good guy about helping the kits.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

MOFF, unless there's a way for you to lock up the shed while the kittens are in there then I'd just try to keep them inside your home. Hopefully Helene will be able to get to you soon. Could you maybe block off part of your kitchen so that they could just play in a certain area of it and then they'd still be away from your other cats?

As for the car ride home, maybe using another carrier for a litter box or puppy pee pads would work and then the other carrier would just be for the kittens with food and water. I'm sure that Helene may have some great ideas too.

Please tell your brother that he's a wonderful man and I'm glad that you'll be able to adopt at least two of the kittens. Now Angel will have some younger siblings to get in trouble with.

Continued prayers for the baby kitties,
    elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

More prayers and loving wishes to you and these wonderful babies are coming from us. God bless you, MoFF, for all you have done and are doing for so many of these little lost ones.

A candle from us, too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10857756
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    MOFF, unless there's a way for you to lock up the shed while the kittens are in there then I'd just try to keep them inside your home. Hopefully Helene will be able to get to you soon. Could you maybe block off part of your kitchen so that they could just play in a certain area of it and then they'd still be away from your other cats?

As for the car ride home, maybe using another carrier for a litter box or puppy pee pads would work and then the other carrier would just be for the kittens with food and water. I'm sure that Helene may have some great ideas too.

Please tell your brother that he's a wonderful man and I'm glad that you'll be able to adopt at least two of the kittens. Now Angel will have some younger siblings to get in trouble with.
    I do padlock the door on the shed at night. It's always locked. I don't have much in there but no one needs free access to it anyway. I just hate to keep the kits in the bathroom 24/7 because they don't have room to run and play. One of the orangies was having a grand time this morning and didn't want to let me catch him and bring him inside. He was chasing a bug then playing with legs on an old chair and on and on. I finally snuck up on him when he was distracted by a packing peanut I missed sweeping up.

I can't block the kitchen off. Winnie and Angel stay in there at night and can get around any thing I can think of. They already know the kits are here. They got into the kitchen last night and spied kit toesies under the bathroom door. Lots of hissing went on from them, not the babies. Even Chester hissed at me all night. The only one not upset was Grandma. She just looked at me like, here we go again. She is in the kitchen now in fact. She is sleeping on an old blanket Winnie and Angel sleep on at night. She knows the kits and in the next room and is not impressed.

My bro is a great guy. He has 7 cats of his own. 8 if he catches a little blackie he has been feeding outside. He feeds strays too. He found a tiny abandoned newborn just the other day. It even still had the cord and was wet from being born. He waited a bit and when the mom never came back, he took it to the vet to see how to take care of it. When he found out it would require feeding every 2 to 4 hours for a while, he gave it to them because he couldn't give it the care it needed. His vets have an adoption/foster program. One of the vets took it home. He went back in the other day and found out the baby was a girl and she is doing great.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Ohh Moff, you really have your hands full now! You're doing a great job! Somehow, it's all going to work out. You know how demanding kitties are, they'll go to extremes to wrap you round their little paws, but try to get your sleep!

Kisses to them all when you catch them!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Winnie and Angel, stop that hissing, you two ! They're tiny baby kitties, lovingly rescued just as your meowmie rescued you almost a year ago. Meowmie has more than enough love for ALL of you. And Chester, sweet boy, take a deep breath, okay? Kisses for EVERYBODY!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

MOFF, you're doing an excellent job. I some how knew that your other cats would find out about the babies. Even if they didn't see their little pawsies from under the bathroom door, they'd probably smell them. Your brother sure sounds like a wondeful cat loving man. Maybe you could talk him into joining PT. I'd love to see his cats and hear about them. I'll continue to keep the kittens in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    MOFF, you're doing an excellent job. I some how knew that your other cats would find out about the babies. Even if they didn't see their little pawsies from under the bathroom door, they'd probably smell them. Your brother sure sounds like a wondeful cat loving man. Maybe you could talk him into joining PT. I'd love to see his cats and hear about them. I'll continue to keep the kittens in my thoughts and prayers.
    I've tried for a long time to get him to join PT. He's so busy, he's not on the computer much.

One thing I can't get used to is the audience I have when I use the bathroom now. Everyone of them stop to watch. lvpets tortie even crawled up my pants leg to sit on my lap for a better view!
    Even the shy black one did that too. I feel like the 8th wonder of the world sitting there.

I'm not taking a shower until they are tucked into the shed at night. There are some things innocent kitty eyes don't need to see.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post

One thing I can't get used to is the audience I have when I use the bathroom now. Everyone of them stop to watch. lvpets tortie even crawled up my pants leg to sit on my lap for a better view!
    Even the shy black one did that too. I feel like the 8th wonder of the world sitting there.

I'm not taking a shower until they are tucked into the shed at night. There are some things innocent kitty eyes don't need to see.
    LOL You're their entertainment. I'm glad to hear that even the shy black kitten is starting to come out of his/her shell. So besides the tortie being a female are you able to tell what the others are yet? I'd guess that most likely both orangies are males but you never know. It would be nice for Chester to have at least one more male in the house.

I just went out to bring them inside for the day and couldn't find the tortie anywhere. It is dimmly lit in there. So, I grabbed the other four and stuffed them in their case. I was heading to the house to get a flashlight when I a saw a tiny tortie paw waving at me from the inside of the carrier. The little stinker had already packed herself!!!

That one is going to be a real handful.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I just went out to bring them inside for the day and couldn't find the tortie anywhere. It is dimmly lit in there. So, I grabbed the other four and stuffed them in their case. I was heading to the house to get a flashlight when I a saw a tiny tortie paw waving at me from the inside of the carrier. The little stinker had already packed herself!!!

That one is going to be a real handful.

She learns quick, doesn't she.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

isn´t she a keeper.. what a lovely girl.. hope everything works well and we get to see her grow
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365