Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What dogs do you guys have?

Sugar and Spice

I too had two female German shepards named Sugar and Spice. It was a few years back and they have moved on to dog heaven. I now own a two year old Blue Tick hound which is probably the best dog I have ever owned. My shepards were beautiful and very protective of my ranch and my family. However, I could never entirely trust them around adult strangers or kids. Shepards have a history of over protecting their property and owners. Plus they had this habit of killing every one of my chickens. I'll take a Blue Tick. Just as protective and loving as shepards without the fear of them biting or attacking.

Welcome to pettalk Maxmaster. If you have any pictures of your dogs we would love to see them. I just recently heard of a blue tick hound for the first time. Cheers!

Max

Mr. Malone is nothing short of beautiful. Animals are so great. I included a picture of Max. He's also my Jetskiing partner as you will see. This shot is taken at the Sebastian Inlet in Sebastian, Florida.I too was only recently introduced to the Blue Tick breed. I inherited Max from my oldest daughter after he outgrew their house and yard. Max now has 15 acres to roam freely. I am so impressed with the temperment of this breed I'm currently seeking another. If only I could get Max cloned.

I've got a Golden Retriever named Mattie who is a year and a half. She was recently sick but she is all better now.

Hello Monkeycrazy

Sure glad to hear your dog is doing fine. We always hate it when our pets get sick. My dog is a 2 year old Blue Tick Coon Hound named Max. He's a great dog. Good with kids, adults and other dogs. He also has taken care of the racoon problem I had on my ranch. He turns into a different animal when he gets a hold of a racoon. As you can see from the attached picture he's also a lot of fun. Max Loves jetskiing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Max looks like he's having so much fun!! We have 3 hound mixes, and I agree, their temperment is awesome. We just got Rinny (and NO we didn't name him that! lol) and supposedly he's a full breed, but we're not convinced. He looks like a Black and Tan Coonhound, but has ticking on his feet and legs like a Blue Tick, but no Blue on him at all. I was wondering about a Tree Walker, but, he doesn't have any white on him, so who knows, and to be totally honest, who cares, he's a super loving dog with a HUGE bark...he out barks even the Danes! lol

Thanks for sharing pictures of Max. And welcome! BTW...we have a Weimaraner named Max.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I have a 14 month old female weimeraner named Hollie. Her favorite pass times are:

1. Digging holes in the back yard. There is no need to trim her nails. Hollie keeps her nails nice and short.

2. Playing with her dog friends, Dotsy (Dalmation) and Josie (Golden Retriever)

3. Chasing the squirrels in the park and pointing at the birds.

Response to Mugsy

Mugsy,

Thanks for the welcome aboard. I'm with you all the way. The breed is far from being most important. It's the dog. If the dog is a good dog and he or she is special to you, who cares about the breed.

my pets

i have a black DSH with no pigment in his eyes. he's blind
    i have a parakeet with one wing. they were going to kill him because of it.
    and a pomarainian, he is 25 lbs. he's not fat just a big pom.his mom died having him.
    and i am soon going to get a sable and white sheltie,nothing wrong with him.

i thing i have a thing for handicapped animals
    does anyone want to see pics?
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

if you have a dog in need of a home let me know. i may take it.

hey there maxmaster neighbor!!!
    welcome!!!
    and let me say..taht i also love the blue tick hounds....i had one named ben for years...love your jet ski photo...he looks like he is loving it...we go camping at that inlet alot...good surfin' also...
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Response to Delidog

Delidog,

Thanks for the reply. Hey, maybe we'll hook up sometime in Sebastian. We have a second weekend home on the Indian River in Grant Florida. Grant is just 8 miles northwest of the Sebastian Inlet. During the warm weather my wife and I are down at the inlet just about every weekend. Kind of sad because we only have about 4 more weeks of summer here before the waters cool off to the 70s.
    I guess you agree that coonhounds make terrific pets. I don't think they realize just how freightening they could be if they choose to be. I'm not about to tell him either. Max is nothing but a loving slob except when he catches up with a racoon or possum. Then it's not a pretty sight. Meantine he goes around loving up to the six cats that share my barn with him and just about any human he meets. Here's included a picture of Max and his friend Peaches.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rersponse to Lexie

Lexie,

It sounds like you're running an animal shelter at your place. You must be a very kind hearted individual to take in these damaged animals and birds. Good for you. I would like to see your pictures if you get the chance.

Lexie,

That's so cool of you to take in the handicapped animals. You are added to my list of heroes.

Max,

We have 16 dogs, all of whom are rescued,so you name the breed and we probably have one! lol

Weimy33,

One of our 16 is a 2 year old male Weim, named Max!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

mugsy,

16 dogs, WOW!! The most I have had at one time are 3 weimeraners and a toy poodle. I have a persian cat named Max too. But Hollie is still in her playful stage and needs to pick on Max from time to time.

Hollie isn't a rescue dog but she is a second hand dog. I bought her from a couple at 9 months old. I do plan on getting another weimeraner to keep Hollie company later when Hollie matures and it will probably be a rescue dog.
    Hollie's webpage is at
    http://holliesworld.multiservers.com/index.htm

pet pics

i will see if my digital camra will work.it's my dad's and i will see if he will let me use it.
    i have lots of friends that are breeders. if you are in need of a puppy let me know.

if you have a dog in need of a home let me know. i may take it.