I got bitten yesterday and I am baffled as to what prompted the bite. It was more of a nip than anything and at first I didn't even think that it broke the skin. I was standing on the sidewalk next to my car strapping my son into his car seat. A girl came up along the sidewalk walking her dog so I took a step closer to my car and closed the door around myself as much as possible. I didn't even LOOK at this dog until I felt it turn around and nip me behind the knee. It didn't bark or growl, just chomped
It was more shocking than anything and I didn't notice that the dog had done any damage until a couple minutes later when I checked out the stinging sensation and saw that a little bit of blood was oozing down the back of my pant leg.
So what gives? The girl who was walking him didn't speak English beyond repeating "Sorry" and I don't know enough German to tell her to stay put while I call animal control to pick up her insane man eating Collie (joking, mostly) so I don't even know where they live.
What would YOU as dog owners do?