Sorry to rant... I'm just so upset!

So my brother's apartments have a dog run that is fenced in for all the dogs in the complex. Springen has played with and got along with all the dogs so far. Easter Sunday my mom and I were at my brothers house, and my bro and I took Springen to the dog run. There were other dogs with their owners in there and one owner asked us if Springen was a male. We said yes, and apparently someone had left their Pittie all alone in the dog run all day and it had bitten another male dog earlier. As the owner asked us, we hear yelping and the pittie had bitten Springen and they were fighting. Luckily, my brother was able to break them apart with his body and we took Springen out.

First of all why would you leave your dog in there all alone, whether they are dog aggressive or not?? We called animal control and apparently someone had abandoned the dog in there, since no one claimed it in the complex.

Springen had a pretty good bite wound under his eye and a gash on his nose. I felt horrible. He has to be the sweetest, gentlest dog. I know it's not the pitties fault, but aghhh! STUPID owners! Be responsible for your dogs! Something so much worse could've happened and that pittie could have been put down for it.

Anyways, the abandoned dog is being tested for rabies just to be safe and is (hopefully) going to be placed for adoption to someone who will actually take care of it.

Sorry for the long rant. I just never experienced something like this and was sooo upset for my own dog as well as the pittie.