Thread: Paddy's blood results are back.

Threaded View

Paddy's blood results are back.

Paddy is still very large though he doesn't eat that much more than the other guys. He certainly tries but we limit his intake. We are taking him in for a full work up next week but in the meantime I've been watching him and noticing that he walks gingerly on his paws. He's always had a funny way of walking from the day we brought him home last October but we thought it was just due to his big size but it is much more noticable now.

I decided to examine his paws carefully and his pads all looked pretty good and then I squeezed his pads so his nails would pop out. I was shocked by what I saw on a few nails on each foot and I'm anxious to have the vet look at it to see what the heck is going on!!
    All this time, I thought he was walking gently because of his weight but his weight gain might be because he walks very little because his nails hurt! And I'm sure the added weight is awfully painful on those nails.
    Poor Paddy has been on the back burner while we focused so much on Tiger but now he is off to the vet to get to the bottom of this.
    Here are some pics of a few of his nail beds. Each foot has at least two nails like this. Does anybody have an idea of what this could be? I'm wondering if it is a fungal infection.

Last edited by Emeraldgreen; 08-26-2008 at 10:31 PM.