Thread: Weight Maintance Program .. Update

Threaded View

Weight Maintance Program .. Update

Splitting the dinnertime portion for later on in the evening before bedtime, didnt work. Skinny starting harrassing me at 3:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Meal time is normally 5:00-5:30 a.m.

I leave the food out for 5-7 mins. Once they stop eating and leave the bowl, it gets taken up. Sometimes I have to prompt Skinny and Thumper to continue eating when they just take like 5 bits. Typical kids. LOL Cindy and Eleanor are done within 5 mins. LOL

Saturdays test.... An interesting discovery...
    I put out 1/4 cup out in each bow. What they didnt eat went into a small container with their names on it. It appears so far that Skinny and Thumper eat 1/2 of what I put out of the 1/4 cup measurement. Basically 1/8 cup. If they show me they are hungry inbetween scheduled meals I offer the "leftovers". If they dont show me they are hungrey inbetween scheduled meals, I add to the leftovers to make a total of 1/4 cup.

If they continue on this pattern of eating both Skinny and Thumper will have their 1/4 cup 2 x a day without feeling like they are being deprived.

The bedtime meal is a 1 spoonful "treat" to tide them over.

Eleanor eats all her 1/4 cup portion. She has no leftovers. I have to ignore her begging inbetween meals. She will eat 24/7 if you let her.

Cindy is a wonderful eater. 1/2 can of wet a day. Total of 1/4 cup of dry kibble a day. She doesnt leave leftovers either.

Hummm wonder if it's a Tortie trait not to leave leftovers?????? LOL

I doubled checked their weight records, Skinny was only one who didnt gain in a year.
    Eleanor gained 3 lbs in a year. 15.08 lbs (3 lbs over weight according to our vet). Skinny didnt gain 12.09 lbs. (vet says he is perfect) Thumper is 15.09 (3 lbs over weight according to our vet, she gained 1 lb from last year)
    I have to watch Thumper because if Skinny wants to play and chases her after eating, she upchucks
    Last edited by Craftlady; 07-31-2005 at 12:18 PM.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor