Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Pet Talk means to me

Hybrid View

What Pet Talk means to me

I've been reading how a few of our long time members think PT is no longer like it used to be. I'm sure it's not, things change. Like the fact that I don't post very often (although I always lurk).
    My life, like a lot of other peoples have changed. Myself, I work more than I used to and don't have as much time to post. But the one thing that will never change is all the friends I've made here. Your all my second family and I can't imagine what life would be like without you all and PT.

If your ever thinking how bad things are here and you want to leave just look back on some of the threads you and others have posted. All the love that's put into them.
    I was looking back at one that means the most to me. The one about my beloved Angus (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...light=memorial). So many wonderful and thoughtful people put their hearts into what they said.

Let's put aside our differences and agree to disagree.

A BIG thanks to all of you here at PT for listening to me.
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Anna,

Great post! I totally agree. Thanks for putting it so eloquently.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The heart of PT will never change.

And with any large family?

We fight, we cry and we laugh and end up at the same table to take in whatever part of PT that nourishes us.

PT got me through one of the hardest times of my life. I've taken and put back in on this site.

I'll be danged if I let go of all the real special things I have seen and participated in by being a member.

Rock on PT.

I was thinking the same thing, and you know what? Lots of kids have grown up on this site, myself included. There are many people my age who don't post much any more, and it's probably just because life got a hold of them. I barely have time to myself anymore but I still try to at least lurk, where as before I had no job and lived at home so I had an abundance of free time.

Niņo & Eliza

Very well said Anna. And your link about Angus made me revisit my thread about my RB Taz kitty. I didn't even get through the second page and had to stop because I am at work and the tears were beginning to flow again. But I will finish reading it when I get home tonight.

Thank you. And thank you to Karen and Paul for such a wonderful place.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you so much, Anna. I miss seeing alot of members but I know you are all out there somewhere, lurking and keeping up with latest developments.
    We have been through alot together on this board. Just think what it would have been like if we were actually living in the same towns with each other. So much love we have for people and pets we have never met. It's incredible.

Much like we experience with our immediate family members at times, we go through trials and tribulations. Eventually, we resolve issues and move forward.

Anna, you are one of the first people I came to know through your beloved Angus. A story that would bring a person with the hardest of hearts to tears. I have always known you are one of the sweetest people we have here. We all grieved over Angus, right along with you and Mark. Every single time I see a Rottie, I think of Angus.

I don't like believing that more members will leave. I know things change and we can't all be here as much as we once were. I really hope anyone that has decided to leave thinks about the love, compassion, and family we have here and comes back to the community. I don't think there is another board out there like this one. Can we be one big happy family again?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Amen!

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Can we be one big happy family again?
    I volunteer to sit at the kiddie table!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    We have been through alot together on this board. Just think what it would have been like if we were actually living in the same towns with each other. So much love we have for people and pets we have never met. It's incredible.

Much like we experience with our immediate family members at times, we go through trials and tribulations. Eventually, we resolve issues and move forward.

I don't like believing that more members will leave. I know things change and we can't all be here as much as we once were. I really hope anyone that has decided to leave thinks about the love, compassion, and family we have here and comes back to the community. I don't think there is another board out there like this one. Can we be one big happy family again?
    Right on D&D!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What Pet Talk Means to Me ...

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post

I've been reading how a few of our long time members think PT
    is no longer like it used to be.
    I'm sure it's not, things change...

But the one thing that will never change is all the friends I've made here.
    Your all my second family and I can't imagine what life would be like
    without you all and PT.

Let's put aside our differences and agree to disagree.
    Anna
    Amen to these beautiful thoughts.

Let's all be Kind to one another, post when we can, and Enjoy the Fellowship
    that's made Pet Talk the Wonderful place that it is.

/s/ Phred

Great thread Anna.

PT was the first forum that I ever joined and I don't think that I could ever leave. I've met so many wonderful people and I've learned so much more about cats which has really helped me with my own cats. PT has also helped me with the passings of both my Pepper and Starr and with Storm's PU surgery or even when one of my cats have been sick. Thanks again Karen and Paul for creating such a wonderful pet forum with the most caring people that you could ever meet.

Like some of the others above, I also "grew" on Pet Talk. I was twelve when I joined, pretending to be a vet! I was typical young girl needing guidance, along with a few lessons in maturity. Now I am almost twenty, working full time as a Pharmacy Tech and training to become nationally certified. I lost my internet for quite some time, and with my busy life it`s been hard to post, but I always lurked and thought about everyone and their furkids each day! Without the guidance and advice many of the Pet Talkers here gave me throughout my teenage years, it surely would have taken me much longer to mature and learn many of the lessons I learned on here. Besides, how many other people I know can say they have cried, laughed and shared their most precious memories with people all around the world? Not many, that`s for sure. There are very few places on the 'net that are this wonderful. And in the state of things in the world right now, it is refreshing to know there`s always a place that one can always return to for a smile, or a {{hug}}, or a laugh. I`ve always been amazed and appreciative of all that Karen and Paul have done to make Pet Talk the "home away from home" to so many. Thank you very much!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

It has been amazing to be a part of so many peoples' lives, and vice versa! We never knew what to expect when we started Pet Talk, just wanted a place where people could communicate with each other, and congratulate each day's featured pets, and it has grown and grown! We are so glad when people stop by whom we haven't seen for a time. As long as we can, this place will always be here for you. Love you all!
    I've Been Frosted

I have been a member of PT for just over a year. It is the only "forum" I belong to or chat on AT ALL. I don't need to go elsewhere; this is where I feel I belong. I have grown very fond of many people and their pets; I've hosted a party that I hope will be at least annual and I've learned how these PT people can pull you through a rough patch. Yes, it is like family. It's funny (to me) the squabbles remind me of my husband and his siblings. They're all VERY DIFFERENT personally and especially politically, and things can get heated. I know they'll iron out; I know they will here, too. I know some of the people in those PT squabbles, and they're reasonable adults whe are solid in their convictions. They also have a bit of an imp in their personalities, so they push peoples buttons; it happens. As I said; it'll iron out.

Anna, thank you for the thread, it was needed. Karen and Paul; thank you for a great family!!
    Maggie
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

By Richard
    I volunteer to sit at the kiddie table!
    Yes, but will you only speak when spoken to.