Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't take it, please give me strength

Hybrid View

I can't take it, please give me strength

I know there are a lot worse things that could happen but I can't take the cat problems at my house anymore. This morning I got up to a poop in the floor and a pee on the carpet runner. I checked the pee cams and both times it was Scout. Since her last round of antibiotics to treat the infection from the kidney and bladder stones plus the new diet for the crystals she had been doing great and stopped peeing. After cleaning it all up I went into the guest bath and saw Decker sniffing around the tub funny. I checked and someone has peed in the tub. That had stopped ever since we put Rocky on Prozac. I don't know who did this one. Yesterday I found pee on a pet bed, it was very weak smelling so I don't know who it was.

The health problems are never ending here. The vet called to tell me there was no sign of infection in Decker's urine and all signs point to FLUTD so she started him on Cosequin to try to treat the inflammation. Rumor still hisses at him and treats him like an outcast and the poor little guy runs to the litterbox every 15 minutes. The vet said that was expected and should get better with the meds.

Rumor is still peeing and the vet and I are sure it's behavioral. I can't figure out how to stop it. I can't use Feliway because of her and I think that may have been helping Scout and the others to stay calm and not pee.

Ripley has turned into a grumpy old man. I try to cut him slack since he's old and has kidney failure but he just grunts at us all the time for fresh water. He basically wants you to pour it out and refill the bowl with every lick.

To top it all off Richard got sick with a horrible flu like virus Sunday night and has been sick with it all week and now I came down with it. I've been running a fever of 100+ since yesterday morning.

I'm suppose to go to my Dad's today to clean his house, put up his Christmas tree and decorate, take him to the nursing home to give his sister a gift and bake goodies because my oldest brother and his family arrive Monday. I can't do that because I'm contagious so I'm praying I'm healthy tomorrow so I can get it done. I also have clean my house because my other brother and his wife will be arriving here Monday. Now I found out my brother has been taking a treatment for his MS and is very susceptible to catching things so he may have to stay in a hotel so not to risk his health. I feel horrible!!!

I just want to cry. This stinks!

Thanks for listening to me and letting me complain.

From Decker with Love

WE ARE SORRY THAT THESE THINGS ARE HAPPENING ALL AT ONCE, AND AT A TIME OF YERA THATS ALREADY SO STRESSFUL AT THE BEST OF TIMES.
    WE ARE SENDING PRAYERS TO YOU THAT THINGS WILL TURN AROUND IN THE NEW YEAR AND THAT YOUR VET CAN GET THIER INFECTIONS UNDER CONTROL, AND THAT THEY ARE CLEANER CATS.
    THATS FRUSTRATING WHEN YOUR CATS MISS THE BOXES, SOMEONES POOING OUTSIDE THE BOX, AND THE OTHER CATS ADD TOTHE PROBLEM.
    I HAVE A FEELING THAT ITS A CERTAIN EBONY CAT, AND I AM GOING TO HAVE A LITTLE LITTER BOX LESSON.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you Gary. It's just nice to have a shoulder to cry on.

I just called to check on my Dad and he's stressing out because I'm sick. It's not good for him to stress like that. He told me he couldn't sleep last night worrying about who was going to put up his tree, get the house ready for company and cook Christmas dinner. I told him I would work it out and that I should be healthy enough to cook by Wed. and Thursday.

From Decker with Love

Oh my goodness - isn't there a neighbour or someone who could put up your dad's tree for him?

I mean - it sounds like he's not worried about you feeling unwell and getting better, but that you won't be able to do stuff for him (and everyone else!!!).

Can YOU enlist anyone to help out? Could you even afford a housecleaning person for 2 - 3 hours to give your house a going-over?

HUGS and I hope this all works out soon! I hope you don't have to rehome a kitty!

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Oh my goodness - isn't there a neighbour or someone who could put up your dad's tree for him?

I mean - it sounds like he's not worried about you feeling unwell and getting better, but that you won't be able to do stuff for him (and everyone else!!!).

Can YOU enlist anyone to help out? Could you even afford a housecleaning person for 2 - 3 hours to give your house a going-over?

HUGS and I hope this all works out soon! I hope you don't have to rehome a kitty!

My father is 86 and has Dementia so this is a typical reaction. It doesn't hurt my feelings, I'm used to it. As the child who is here and cares for him daily I tend to be the forgotten one. He has a caretaker but she took today off because I was suppose to be there and Sunday is her regular day off. She will help get the house clean Monday if I don't do it and will probably help him with the tree but I was thinking this is a good chance for my brother to help. He can put the tree up Monday night when he gets in.

I don't want my Dad worrying over this so I may have to go down with mask and gloves tomorrow to get it done. Today is definitely out because I just checked my temp. is still 100 degrees.

From Decker with Love

Jazzcat,

I'm sorry you're having such behavioral issues. I always worry when I bring in another cat or foster that my cats attitude will change. Fortunately, I've been lucky.

You and your crew will be in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGS and Happy Holidays,

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wow, I am so sorry about everything you are going through right now. I hope you feel better SOON and can take care of family things. And I hope your cats will calm down with their issues soon too.
    I will keep you in my thoughts that you can get through this holiday season in one piece. You can do it!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I think your brother and his wife can go help Dad out. If you talk to them again, mention your fever (which is why they might stay in a hotel) and that you don't want Dad to catch anything.

Since they maybe didn't put up their own tree this year, they might enjoy helping Dad.

Be direct: "Would you PLEASE do me a favour and help Dad with his tree???"

HUGS
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Gee whiz, you got it don't you? Take care of yourself FIRST!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm sure you are ready to pull your hair out! There isn't anything much more frustrating than the kitty problems that you are having. Been there!! Then to add the stress of the holidays on top of being sick, that's too much! I am so sorry that you are going through this but know that you always have a sounding board to vent. It'll all work out.

Big old ((HUG)),
    Mary

Thank you all so much. I just need a little sympathy and don't have a lot of people to turn for it. I called my brother who will be staying with Dad, he's great (actually both my brothers are great they just live far away). He's going to call Dad and help calm him down and he told me not to worry, they would take care of the tree and decorations if needed.

Now if someone could just take care of the cat problems and this nasty sick crud.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Jazzcat,

You and your crew will be in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGS and Happy Holidays,

Donna
    Same here! More HUGS and Happy Holidays --- Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Take care of the Caregiver first. And as Jen says, most of the critical stuff is already resolved.

Hugs and prayers from RI!

I'm so sorry to hear that things are so stressful for you right now.
    I hope things get better for you soon.
    It could be worse, you could have snowstorm after snowstorm on top of everything else going on.
    Would you like me to send some Vermont snow your way?
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

oh Lori my heart truly goes out to you, if only there was a simple solution, talk about a stressful situation, I have no answers my friend, but just want you to know we understand how rough it must be, I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel and soon for you.

And i understand how worried you are about your Dad, so much going on in your home right now, and no where to turn, i only hope something improves soon, I also understand about your kitty with CRF and being grumpy, My Ash is like that too,mind you he has never been a lovely natured kitty really to be perfectly honest, but it gets you down after a while.

Lots of Hugs from here to you, and fingers and all paws crossed there is some way you can solve your very difficult problems.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️