Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fisters Family Album

Fisters Family Album

Unknown Masterpieces brought to light!

Fister was looking through his old Family Album recently, and found these interesting and previously unknown masterpieces. We have assembled a collection of some of the best of them and are proud to be able to present them for the very first time to the public, together with a short explanation from Fister.

Post-Impressionism
    Canvas 724 x 559mm (28 1/2 x 22")
    (Private collection - Copenhagen)

Fisters’ French branch of the family were very popular in artistic circles, not least with the artists’ family and friends. His cousin Fistère was what Fister called a “cool cat”, and certainly knew how to twist those humans round his little paw.
    There is an interesting story behind this particular painting. Apparently Madame Cézanne was greatly taken by this picture of her with her beloved cat, and refused to let her husband sell it. When a wealthy local patron offered a small fortune for it, Cezanne was forced to paint a copy of it without the cat. This of course is “Madame Cézanne in a Red Armchair”, now owned by the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.

Chasing mice in Aix-en-Provence

Most of Cezannes pictures were painted in Paris, and although Fistère used to love chasing cockroaches and other small game there, he much preferred to be in Aix-en Provence, where there was more room for intrigue, and the field mice tasted exquisite!

Fisters curator
    Last edited by jonza; 01-21-2003 at 03:01 PM.

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

I always knew the best art treasures were to be found in Europe.......
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Wow Fister, you come from quite a family. Very nice!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

WOW! How totally interesting! But, as a family member of Fister's, what exactly is your relationship to him, or is it a mystery? I would love to see more art work involving Fister. Maybe he has done some work himself? (Though I really don't want to see any of his recent 'sculptures', if you get my meaning... ).

A faithful Fan of Fister,
    Cataholic

I can't stop laughing. Fister...what a knowledgeable art expert you are!

And welcome "Jonza" ! What a wonderful "new" addition you are going to be!

Welcome Jonza !! looks like we have a new great story-teller in our family !!
    YIPPIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonza,
    these are good news. I called the Neue Pinakothek in Munich and they said they are very much interested in an exhibition here. They would be interested to know whether you can send the picture from the 1st of April. Of course they will pay for the insurance.

As you can see they have many pictures only in the version where the cat is missing (like the poor Bostonians).
    So they would be very interested to show them both together.

They calculate millions of visitors and I'm sure there is some money in it......

Ooohhh, Fister has a French side to his family - how neat! I would love to meet his cousin, Fistère.

And he certainly has good taste in art! Thanks, Jonza, for filling us in on this new side of Fister that we hadn't known before.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

WELCOME HOME JONZA!!!
    WHAT A WAY TO START AS A "OFICIAL" MEMBER! .p

IT MEANS WE ARE GOING TO ENJOY FISTER'S STORIES MORE OFTEN EVEN?

AH we can't wait!

Koxka, Iuri, Paloo, Ginjol and Little Pericot his pals of the South.

Does this mean that John had officially signed up as a member? I guess, I'll have to keep an eye on threads started by Jonza now.

A question ...

Jonza , is that the official name for "John" now ? Or are you a nem family-member of Fister??

Thanks for all your comments and welcoming posts!

Originally posted by Cataholic
    WOW! How totally interesting! But, as a family member of Fister's, what exactly is your relationship to him, or is it a mystery? I would love to see more art work involving Fister. Maybe he has done some work himself?
    Cataholic,
    My relationship to Fister is very simple, a mysterious and all enveloping love and respect for him and all his feline family, which I have had ever since I was a little child. One of my favourite sayings is that cats are more intelligent than humans, especially politicians. As far as the artwork goes - patience is needed I’m afraid. I take my job as curator very seriously, it takes care and lots of research to ensure veracity and plausibility, and Fister can be so thoroughly finicky about the details!
    Originally posted by koxka
    IT MEANS WE ARE GOING TO ENJOY FISTER'S STORIES MORE OFTEN EVEN?
    Well … I can’t guarantee too many of them, I’m a two-finger typist, and it’s difficult to find the time. When I write posts, it’s like two hungry chickens fighting for crumbs on my keyboard!

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

Jonza- whoever you are!!! This is going to be fun!!!!!!!!

I haven't been online much for a couple weeks, is there another Fister? or is this just a new name?

I think Jonza is Randi's husband John !!! Right Jonza ??