Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chester

Chester

Hi guys, I thought I'd let you all know about our Chester kitty. As some of you may know, he strangely went missing in November. Mom feared the worst right away but I thought he had been alive still. We got the call from the animal control lady who has been helping us out through all this time. She found him just one street over, he had been hit by a car but he looked clean, well fed, and generally well cared for. This was probably the second time he had been hit because when we adopted him his hip had been broken and healed by the time he was about 6 months.

I'm glad he was well cared for but I am incredibly angry at the moron who stole him. Whether they stole him from our house or just picked him up on the street, I still consider it stealing. I will be locking up the house at all times from now on and never leaving the dog unattended. There were signs everywhere. We put up new ones because they had always been taken down from that particular street. My mom put out ads in all the local papers and craigslist. All local vets were aware he was missing. They must have never taken him to the vet because he was chipped. That is how we know it was him that was found.

Whoever did this did it on purpose, they knew what they were doing. I really do want to find out who did it so I can press charges so they realize how bad of a thing they really did but my mom doesn't want to cause any more problems. Apart from the fact that he was our property, as the law sees him, he was a very loved and very well missed member of the family. Even the dog missed him, we could tell.

Here are some pictures of him when we had him.

Niño & Eliza

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. Chester was a BEAUTY!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I´m deeply sorry he parted... at least you know now what ever happened to him..

and yes, to me that´stealing too.. deliberately.. how come the signs went missing in THAT particular street.. I share your anger and sadness about all this..

RIP Chester.. you were a lovely kitty
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Eva, I'm so sorry about Chester . He was a beautiful kitty. May he play hard at the RB.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

That is just horrible. It makes me and very .

I am so sorry.

RIP Chester
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Chester was quite beautiful. RIP, Chester boy. No more pain for you, only peace.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so very sorry. What a beautiful boy!

Rest in peace, dearest Chester. You are greatly loved and grieved.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Such a heartbreaking end to this search. I know I never replied to his original thread, but I had seen it and hoped it would turn out differently. I am so sorry it didn't. Rest in Peace, Chester. You're so missed.

Stunning, stunning boy! Beloved Chester, rest in peace. Play happy and free at the Bridge...you know who loved you first and always.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks for all of your condonelces. I have since calmed down a bit and now I just miss him. Before I was just mostly angry, I felt like he didn't have to be hit if we still had him, plus the fact that he was so close to us all this time.

My step-dad pointed out to me that there is a chance he was begging food off of neighbors and hunting all this time instead of living in someone's house. The only thing is I bet someone would have seen him if he was wandering around outside so close to our house.

Before we got him, he was said to be a stray and had been regularly begging food off of the people who found him/gave him to us. He seemed to always have very strong hunting instincts. I never let Oslo out unless Chester was locked in another room.

Niño & Eliza

I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. He sure was a very handsome cat. RIP sweet Chester.

I just don't get stealing someone elses pet where there are so many out there that need a home. I've had several stolen from me over the years and I just don't get it! There are thousands of homeless dumped kitties and doggies that are begging for a home so why steal someone elses?

I am so sorry the outcome wasn't a good one for Chester, my bet is he was trying to make his way back to you.

RIP pretty boy, you will be missed.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Poor Chester, RIP. I think he might have been stolen because he was very handsome. Not an excuse for it, though. {hugs}
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Some people have no concept that other people have rights, if they want something they just take it, and then lie lie and lie some more when they are caught.
    Some things like Mans Creations can be replaced but Chester is a Creation of Our All Loving Lord God above and theres only one Chester , and sadly one Chester ever.
    I always said that if they broke in and left My Found Cats alone, it would not be so bad as I can replace a TV, but how can you replace a Cat Companion who loves you?
    Chesters so sad about what happened, and he wants you to know that hes got his Wings of Silver and Gold now, and tonight will be going to a Beach Party in his honor , with all of his favorites!!!
    And that you will all meet again in a Fantstic Purrrfect Pardise.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Chester was a gorgeous boy; I know you loved him and will miss him greatly.

Chester, RIP, play well at the Bridge. Peace to your family.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!