Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laminate flooring...

Laminate flooring...

We are getting laminate flooring installed tomorrow and I am excited. Happy to be done with carpet. I detest carpet so much. With 3 dogs and mud, carpet does not hold up well. Plus, carpet and allergies do not go together either. Anyone else have laminate??
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

2. Ive heard of laminted paper... but never laminted flooring.
    sounds intersting.

be sure to post some before and after shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette
    Ive heard of laminted paper... but never laminted flooring.
    sounds intersting.
    No, laminate flooring is not the same as laminated paper. Laminate is just another word for vinyl. Most houses have this type of flooring in at least one room such as a bathroom or mud room, so chances are you've seen laminate flooring before.

Gemini, hope you like your new flooring!

We (and by we I mean my husband and dad) installed laminate flooring in our dining room in October. So far, i love it!! The dogs are so sure, as they have no traction, but it looks great!!

I am sure I will love it. Here is the website to the brand of laminate we are getting. It's not real hardwood flooring, gosh I could not afford that. Plus, the laminate wears easier or shall I say wears better than hardwood. Less maintenance all with the look of wood.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini9961
    We are getting laminate flooring installed tomorrow and I am excited. Happy to be done with carpet. I detest carpet so much. With 3 dogs and mud, carpet does not hold up well. Plus, carpet and allergies do not go together either. Anyone else have laminate??
    We installed Pergo laminate flooring in the entryway, kitchen and bathroom several years ago. We love it! The only thing I wish we had done differently is have heating put underneath it. It is downright cold on a wintery, Alaskan day. The kitties like it except for Cammie. She hates to be cold, so she will only sit on the area rugs not the floor.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

We had real maple in our last house. It was gorgeous! We had an extra layer of sealant put on and it stood up very well to dog nails.

We've thought about putting in laminate here but it's too slippery for Preacher. He's blind, old and failing. As there will likely always be an old dog here, there will be no slippery stuff!

I really want tile, but with a woodstove for heat, it's too cold! So we are going to put in vinyl that looks like tile--easy to clean, stands up to critters and not slippery. Not sure when that will ever happen though so for now we have painted plywood--ugly as sin but it works!

Enjoy your pretty new floors!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I just had laminate flooring installed 3 weeks ago. When the carpet left the house I was practically cheering. I still have carpet in a few areas but mostly the laminate. I absolutely love it. Daisy and Delilah clippity clop across it like little ponies. I love the sound of it. It's so cute Let us know how you like it. I think you'll be very pleased. What shade are you getting? I got the double wide slat in golden oak. Love it

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

When we moved into this house in August, the previous owners had installed laminate hardwood in the kitchen & mudroom . . . I loved it so much that I thought it would be a good idea for our office (which is where the cats stay at night). It has been great! I absolutely love it! Easy to clean up spills & cat vomit, LOL . . .

Did I mention that hubby and I installed it ourselves??? Well, we did and it was tough! If you can afford it, have it installed by a professional. It was a good test for our marriage, LOL.

Can't wait to see some pics!

Here's ours that we installed:

The kitchen was what sold me!

You'll love it!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Quote Originally Posted by gemini9961
    I am sure I will love it. Here is the website to the brand of laminate we are getting. It's not real hardwood flooring, gosh I could not afford that. Plus, the laminate wears easier or shall I say wears better than hardwood. Less maintenance all with the look of wood.
    that is beautfull, wish i could ddo that here, I hate carpets..took them out of my other trailer..I wish i had the money to do it in this one, might after i finsh paying it off in July of next year..

BTW, we also have the laminate tiles in our bathroom (previous owner installed those too) . . . they're wonderful also! Everyone always thinks they're real tile!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

12. Oh dang... all our house is carpeted except the kitchen.. it has linolum(PS?) floor. looks sorta like Liminate though. and our bathroom is really tiny.. so no fancy flooring in there.

Ok, I love this laminate flooring you guys! I think this is something I would love to do in the dining room and kitchen. Thanks for the idea. So this stuff is pretty tough and holds up to dogs tromping across it?

I've talked to a bunch of people with dogs, and they say it stands up well. I'm going to put it in our dining room and living room, when I get one of those infamous "roundtuits".

My hubby has a hard wood business and has for 23 years . I won't go in to the pros and cons of the engeneered vs the real thing . G but in our last house NO carpet servived. Wood is the only way to go. What brand are you getting Gemini? They are not all alike some are good others are a nightmare for the installer and the owner.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel