Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you live each day?

Why do you live each day?

Hey all. I have been battling this question for awhile. I was wondering why do you get up in the mornings? Why do you work? What makes you happy and what brings meaning to your life?

I feel that my life is just passing me by and I am watching from the sidelines. I am so unhappy and I try and figure out why and I can't find the reason. I can't make myself be happy.

I am married and I do have a cat. I have no enemies and I live in a good place and I do not have to worry about money plus I get to work at home. I have a brand new car and every thing is just perfect yet, I am so unhappy and I dread waking up each day. Why? What can I do to add meaning to my life.

What things make you happy?

Annie
    Happiness is the little things in life.

One thing that my GF told me once was..

"Every morining I wake up I thank god that he has given me another day makes me happy..."

Simple things are always the best.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    My parents make me happy. Thinking of my brothers, my friends, etc. And, Finn. Finn is literally the first thing I think of every morning. It's a different path for everyone. I'm sorry that you're having a hard time finding your path to happiness, keep looking, you'll find it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Why?

There are so many reasons!

The first and formost is my husband Mark, he's the light of my life...my soulmate. I'd be lost if I had to wake up everyday and not be able to see him or be with him.

My dogs. What would they do without me? They are like babies, they depend totally on me to feed, water, play with them and give them every little thing their hearts desire

My family. Yes, families can get a little crazy sometimes but no matter what they are still family!

I'm sorry that your having a hard time trying to find meaning in your life. Like Kari said, you'll find it. Maybe when you least expect it

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I ask myself the same question every day when I get up. I've pretty much decided that I will always wonder why I bother when there's nothing left.

I wish you luck in your search for things that give meaning to your life.

I will share with you what has helped me over the years.

Find some type of volunteer work that you would be good at.
    Perhaps it is reading to children (mentoring a child) or working at a hospital for a few hours.

When you give of "yourself" - you don't have the time or inclination to be bored with your life. Because, you will have a different perspective and realize how good you have it..........

Good luck - this too shall pass.

annie,

I thought the same question daily .. because we eat right, exercise regular, we die anyway.

but see my signature below? I'm here to open cans for them.

I will wish you a happiness if I find mine too.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

My first thought to your question is "To Live". I want TO LIVE! I want to strive to always be happy. I admit that it can be hard at times but I don't ever want to give up. Life is too precious!

Happy things for me are being with my husband, my family and my friends. These are people that love me and that makes me very happy. My GIRLS! They make me very happy and make me smile and giggle every day...lol.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way. I wish we could help you somehow. Gini has a wonderful answer for you. You should consider doing something like that. I'll be thinking about you and wishing you all the best.

Why do I get up in the morning: Routine... and for the simple reason we need the money (from work)... If I didn't have to work... I'd sleep all day, eat all afternoon, and paint in the moonlight...

As it is... I get up at 7, get home at 6 in the evening, have food, have a bath, drool in front of the tv, then go to bed...

Is it worth it? YES!!! It's not worth it 24 hours a day... but when one of those precious moments come, they keep me going for as long as needed!

Stop and look around you... I do... every time there's a rainbow in the sky, I'll stop and marvel of this wonder! Every time it's a gorgeous sunset, I'll be in awe of such beauty! My partner is the same... you know... if we see something like that, and we're not together, we'll call eachother, and tell the other to go outside at once to have a look! Snow! Yes... seeing snow makes me as happy as a kid amongst a heap full of Christmas presents!

Getting a postcard in the mail from my mom and dad... that keeps me going for atleast a week!!!

Spartacus actually coming for a cuddle will keep me for weeks!!!

Holding my partners hand while we're walking, makes ME feel precious, even though it's me grabbing his hand.

At the moment we're really down... due to so many bad things happening to us... but that doesn't stop us having a cuddle on the sofa... and playing ludo and yatzee! Yup, get the board and dice games out! It's a bit more interactive than TV - and you get to call the people you play with all sorts of nasty names if they win!!!

I'm sorry you feel so down... have you though of speaking to your doctor? It could actually be depression...

Best wishes and hope you're feeling better!

Sylvie, KS' mom
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

Re: Why do you live each day?

Annie,
    Sometimes we do not know what causes our depression.
    I agree it might be a good idea to talk to a specialized Dr./
    or Therapist.
    Sometimes it might also be a chemical imbalance
    and possible medication might need to be prescribed.

----<---<--<{(@

My pets and Andy.

And I love living. I love having the opportunity to do things. Sure, some days are rough, but the good ones far outweigh the bad.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

"Every morining I wake up I thank god that he has given me another day makes me happy..."
    Simple things are always the best
    RICHARD,

VERY wise words to live by!

Life is what you make it. You can either sit around and have a pity party OR...you can make the most of it. I used to have lots of pity parties complete with a vodka haze. It took me a long time to realize that alchohol was my downfall.

I've been sober since 1993 and now that the haze is vodka gone, I see things so much more clearly.

I get up everyday and go to work so I can afford the things that make me happy, like my cats. Gini put it so well...

but see my signature below? I'm here to open cans for them.

Ain't THAT the truth!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 06-29-2005 at 01:22 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

For my husband and family. I'd be lost without even just one of them. For the little baby growing inside me. For my puppy Samantha, and for my four kitties Sushi, Kirin, Kimi and Maya. For ME.

I have no choice as I'm not brave enough for the alternative to not living each day.

I have no money and am working up a debt it will take the longest time to pay off just by going to college. My sister and my aunt are the only family I really have. My significant other is going back to Malawi in two years and staying for five years and I can't go. My cat is old and on the way to the grave soon. My dog would be fine living with my sisters. I have no money once again. I have no health or dental insurance so if I have pain I live with pain. I'm living in hell already so I figure when I die it will be good because I just got done serving time for nothing. I figure I live each day because I'm being punished for something I don't know.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton