Thread: kind of upset... rant!

kind of upset... rant!

I'm suppose to get a AB mix puppy for fostering and my friends are helping with the transport, adoption, and vet fees. Well I seriously love them for it but they kind of took over the whole rescue thing and I don't feel like I'm in control of it anymore, I know it sound childish but I was the one that offered to take the puppy first and now it seems that they are the great heroes for rescuing and I'm just being used until the puppy goes to his new home, I don't even know who the new owner is! But I trust my friend that's adopting him out to these people... gah how can I tell them that I want to be more apart of this and I feel left out that they are not telling me enough info?
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Maybe you can nicely tell them that while you really appreciate their help you love the dog and offered to take him in and would really like it if you could have more input on the matter.

Well I guess the only advice I can really give is do whatever you can to help and be glad you were able to help save a puppy. You don't need a pat on the back for it from others if you yourself know you really contributed and did the best YOU could do for the pup. I don't consdier it being used if you are providing the pup with a nice place to live and be until it finds its permanent home. Let the good deed speak for itself in your heart. You don't need other's praise for doing a good thing just be happy you could help=)

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I'm not looking for a pat on the back! I would like to talk to the adopting owners, I would like to know how the transportation is going, I would like to know if I should make the appointment for the neuter, I would like to be apart of this.. But they aren't telling me, it's like they are ignoring me when I ask them the questions.
    Thanks for making me feel better Vela
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Ahh I see what you are saying now. I thought they had taken over making the vet appointments and doing everything and and you were just having him stay there. I didn't realize you still had make arrangements for him for things and they aren't commumnicating. Well in any event I think what you are doing is a great thing in helping that put and I wasn't trying to be rude honestly...I was just saying at least you your heart you did the best you could do.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I'm sorry Vela, I know you were trying to help.. I'm just having a bad day. I didn't mean to snap.