Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you know ...

Thanks Karen! You always have great information to keep my bunnies healthy and happy!

Yeah i knew about the hair balls. If your rabbit starts getting constipated you can use some kind of oil to make the hairball move if it hasn't get too big, then the vet has to operate to remove it.

I was told that if you give your rabbit pineapple juice every so often it can help prevent hairballs, because the acid in it dissolves the furballs in the stomach. Worth a try.

Pets of the Day so far ...
    BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS

CLICK HERE to see all my pets past and present...

Click Here to go to my Petster account.

Click here to see some of my pet videos on YouTube.

If your bunnies have plenty of hay to munch on, that helps keep their digestive tract running well - real hay being much better than the compressed cubes for that purpose.

Miss Hoppy loves her 3 nightly raisins so much that last night, several hours before 11, she thought it was raisin time, apparently because of the crinkle of the bag of Pepperidge Farm goldfish I was eating, so I held out a goldfish cracker, thinking she'd smell it wasn't a raisin and turn it down, but she first chomped it in half, then came back for the other half! At least it was a "whole grain" goldfish! After that, I gave her her raisins, yes, I can be convinced to make it raisin time early every once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Any animal hat grooms itself, like cats do and bunnies do - can get a hairball ... it is rarer in bunnies, but as stated, can be fatal. Unlike cats, where it's just *urk* gross when they get puked up!

Karen, I was reading about the hairballs...does that mean that a dog who self mutilates and chews off his hair and swallows it can get hairballs???

- Houseflies prefer to breed in the middle of the room.
    -egg shells are as strong as bone.
    -A dog cant hear the lowest key on the piano.
    -some female turtles may wait up to 5 yrs to lay their eggs after mating.
    - humming birds can fly upside down.

This thread is great - I've learnt so many interesting facts that I wouldn't have even thought of looking into! Well done Karen! Hopefully one day soon I'll have my very own "did you know" fact.
    Mandy

Kittycats_delight (Michelle) thanks for the great signature!