PDA

View Full Version : Anybody from New Jersey?!?!?

Toby's my baby
11-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Ok, I need some serious help! I am doing state reports for Geography right now, and I forgot to do some questions on New Jersey, ok, so I didnt forget, i just couldnt find the answers! If anyone can tell me the answers or tell me a good website for the answers it would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some questions:

-Distribution (Rural / Urban - Reginal) *meaning- where do most of the people live, in town or in the country?

-Misc. (Language / religion/ etc.) * meaning - what language do the people speak, what religion are the people, etc.

-Industrial Produce (Top 5 industrial produce in New Jersey)

-Major Companies (Top 5 companies in NJ)

-General Info ( pretty much anything)

Thank you so much, ANY ideas/ websites are greatly appreciated. I have been looking on Google for the past week and still cant seem to come up with these answers :o

Alysser
11-07-2005, 07:39 PM
I live in NJ! But frankly I don'tr know those answers. I'll find them though!

Alysser
11-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Got the answer to number 1. It's towns!

Alysser
11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Number three:Chemical products, food processing, electric equipment, printing and publishing, tourism

Alysser
11-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Thats all I could find. Sorry!

Toby's my baby
11-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Got the answer to number 1. It's towns!

Thank you for your help!
So nobody lives in the country, everybody lives in the cities?? :confused: I need a little more info than this, maybe like a ratio or something?? This is highschool, no offence or anything *thank you for the help* but I cant just say, in its towns. . ..

Karen
11-07-2005, 07:49 PM
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/34000.html

That's New Jersey's page from the census bureau - always a good resource for state demographics.

Toby's my baby
11-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Thank you Karen, I have that page saved on my thing at school, but my teacher said the info on there was too old :( Fortunanly I found the top 5 Major companies thing, i found public and private!

Ginger's Mom
11-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Okay I have been trying to find something with the information you want for about 45 minutes now, with no luck. I did find this, but it is very confusing, and even when I opened some of the links that I thought would help, it didn't give nearly enough detailed information. Not very satisfying at all. Sorry I couldn't help you more. But, just think how frustrating it is for someone living in NJ trying to get information. :rolleyes:
http://www.wnjpin.net/OneStopCareerCenter/LaborMarketInformation/njsdc/njsdcwho.html

Alysser
11-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Oh! Sorry, I'll see if I can find a graph or whatever. :o

Toby's my baby
11-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Okay I have been trying to find something with the information you want for about 45 minutes now, with no luck. I did find this, but it is very confusing, and even when I opened some of the links that I thought would help, it didn't give nearly enough detailed information. Not very satisfying at all. Sorry I couldn't help you more. But, just think how frustrating it is for someone living in NJ trying to get information. :rolleyes:
http://www.wnjpin.net/OneStopCareerCenter/LaborMarketInformation/njsdc/njsdcwho.html

Thank you so much! I cant believe you spent that much time looking for stuff! I'll check it out right now, and I'll update this, I have found most of the answers now. . ..

Toby's my baby
11-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Ok, the only questions i have left are

-Distibution (Rural/ Urban - Regional)
-General Info , i can always use plenty of that
- and who got elected?

Alysser
11-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Um, they didn't get elected yet.

Toby's my baby
11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
when will they?

Alysser
11-08-2005, 07:37 PM
General Info:
State bird: Golden Finch
Flower: Viola sororia
Population: 8,414,350
Tree: Northern Red Oak

Alysser
11-08-2005, 07:38 PM
I think they will be done by tonight. At I dont know what time.

Toby's my baby
11-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Ok, when you find out will you please post it on here?

Alysser
11-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Yes, of course, for you anything:)

Toby's my baby
11-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Yes, of course, for you anything:)

Thanks ;) :p

Alysser
11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
I'll stay on as long as I can. Because I am busy tommorow and stuff. So, I thnik it'll be Jon Corzine!

Alysser
11-08-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry but I have to get off! UGH! Sorry, but I am very busy tommorow. As far as I know, Jon Corzine is winning. He will win i think. Look on CNN.com

Toby's my baby
11-08-2005, 08:21 PM
OK, thank you so much for your help!

Ginger's Mom
11-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Okay I finally found a good link for your question on demographics. Here (http://www.state.nj.us/health/as/ctcp/county_profiles_1.pdf) it is. I hope you have cable or DSL it is 87 pages long, I suggest you print it out. There are 21 counties in NJ at the beginning of the statistics for each county they tell you the percent of population for that county that lives in rural and urban areas. So you really may not need a lot of the information in there, but what you want is there, and fairly easy to find (again it is in the first paragraph or so for each county). Also, I am going to PM you a chart of the population by county as of 2004, it is too big to take up space here. Hope that helps. Oh, and they are declaring Democrat Jon Corzine as the winner in the Governor's race.

Okay that chart will not copy right. I guess the most important thing for your purposes is that the population is now 8,698,897. Good luck.

Toby's my baby
11-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Thank you so much!! My poster is due on Monday, so I have to get started on that. Not sure what I am going to do with it though, I have to make it really appealing to the eye, becuase I really need a good grade on this. I was thinking about cutting out my poster in the shape of New Jersey, and then marking like the top 20 largest cities lightly on it and putting in rivers and lakes (lightly with colored pencil or something) I dont know, if you have any suggestions, feel free to post! Thanks again!!

Alysser
11-09-2005, 01:53 PM
That's a very good idea. I hope you get a good grade:) Good Luck!

Toby's my baby
11-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Thank you! My teacher was pissing me off so mad today, i was like Mr. Kjono I need a book to draw the "sloppy copy" for my poster and he was like too bad get to work, and I was like, 5 min. later MR. KJONO!! i need the book and went onl ike the for 20 min. so I wasted 20 good min. of the class trying to go to the library so I could get a good picture of New Jersey, then I had to hand my paper in, with the answers to all those questions, but I had the sloppy copy done, but I hadnt finished getting it transfer to the final page, so I'll get a bad grade on that :mad:

Alysser
11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Aw, I'm sorry! My teacher, Mrs. Gregorawics for math is HORRIBLE! I needed a math book on the first day of school because we didn't get them yet. I said " I need a math book for this problem" and myn friend had used one. She starts screaming at me and still does today :rolleyes: