PDA

View Full Version : private message??

toughCookie
03-25-2002, 03:32 PM
today I got a notice that I had received a private message, I clicked the ok button, but I could not figure out HOW to read it...guess im dumb about computer stuff, i tried a few different things but it wouldnt work, and I don't want the person to think I just ignored them.. is this like an email or like an instant message?

I thnk it was from either tuxluv or tats11... please try again, I would like to know what your message was!!! sorry.:confused:

AmberLee
03-25-2002, 03:38 PM
?? I think of it as a private e-mail system inside Pet Talk. (No, I'm not high tech & probably everyone here who is will cringe at my description of Private Messages.)

When a member first logs into Pet Talk, it tells you if you have a private message: you can either open it then, or later scroll to the bottom of the Pet Talk main page. The bottom-most left-hand link is called "Private Messages". You can click on that and it will open a separate message area. Your newest in-coming messages will be on top. Click each message to open it and read it. Answering is essentially like adding a post to a thread in the main Pet Talk area.

(Uh, did this make any sense? I tend to lose people in too many details. Feel free to ask if you still have questions.)

tuxluvr
03-25-2002, 06:53 PM
Tough cookie, it was me, just giving you some tips on posting pictures - it was lengthy and didn't think people wanted to read it in the context of the regular post....:)