PDA

View Full Version : Thunder and Lightning!

jackie
10-09-2005, 03:40 PM
This is the first time it has been crashing since I had my puppers and kitty, and not a peep so far! And here I was thinking they would be a bit spooked. I guess they are made of tougher stuff than I thought!

How do your animals react during lightning storms?

http://www.csupomona.edu/~physics/oldsite/SCAMPIpages/PageMill_Images/Lightning.GIF

gemini9961
10-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Mine could care less. As long as they are inside they are good to go. They have never been scared of the thunder and lightning. Guess I got lucky with them. :)

k9krazee
10-09-2005, 06:33 PM
It doesn't phase the Hoodlums!

jackie
10-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Nice! :D

My aunt has a little lhasa apso who goes crazy during thunder and lightning, or fireworks... or even if they leave the tv on too loud. :rolleyes:

Desert Arabian
10-09-2005, 08:06 PM
The rats, rabbits and cats could careless- once in a while if we get a REALLY wicked thunderstorm the cats tend to hide under the bed, but that doesn't happen too often- and by then I usually have everyone in carriers in the basement just to play it safe- hehe.

Laura's Babies
10-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Chester is horrified! Every clap of thunder, he stiffens up and L@@KS at me, ready to run. I tell him is soft soothing tones "It's ok baby, it is only thunder, It'll be ok, you are safe!" The "girls" could care less....if they are asleep, they continue to sleep undisturbed. (Yet, he is their protector and peace keeper...... go figure :rolleyes: )

My sister use to have a dog named Judy and she would run hide under the bed everytime a storm came.

My RB Penny use to jump on the fridge and take her paw, open the cabinet door and go in there and hide until it was over. That was the only time she got in that cabinet, during a storm!

Jessika
10-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Laura, DO NOT CODDLE THEM when they're afraid! It reassures their behavior! Instead just get REALLY EXCITED and give him treats everytime thunder crashes or lightning flashes and turn it into a FUN experience. :)

My pups don't care. Dogs feed off human emotion so if you're afraid, they're afraid. If I'm not afraid, they don't care!!

dogzr#1
10-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Molly and Astra could care less. they would like to go out and play in the rain. Prince on the other hand would go under the bed or in the bathroom and start shivering. He is the scaredy cat of the family.

jackie
10-10-2005, 02:04 PM
^ mine love the rain too. I remember one time when Tito was about 1 year old, I took them for a walk along the golf course which is behind my house. It started raining and both Tito and Bella went crazy! It was so cute until Tito found a little hole along the fence and escaped onto the golf course. There was a family playing and Tito kept running up to them and stealing their golf balls! OMG it was so embarassing! I tried for like 45 minutes to catch him and then I had to give up. I ran home, got my boyfriend to jump in the car and get him. The only was we could lure Tito back was with the car. Thank god he loves car rides, or he'd still be around the 15th hole.

finn's mom
10-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Finn doesn't pay attention. We've had to walk in a thunderstorm. If it's water, he likes it. And, the noise, doesn't phase him. :)

lv4dogs
10-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Nanook freaks out, but he has reason to. When he was younger, before I adopted him he was shot with bird shots. Well If I was shot with a gun & heard noises that sounded like a gun you bet your bottom dollar I'd be scared too.

But the rest of them could care less.