PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

momcat
07-13-2005, 07:48 PM
My son and I were sitting here enjoying some of the beautiful kitty pictures and a question came up. We'd like to know what you think. Are male or female cats better with children? My son says females are better but somehow I think males. We're interested to see what all of you have to say.

kittycats_delight
07-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the sex of the cat. I think it has more to do with temperment and sometimes breed.

catnapper
07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
If you asked me that last year, I'd have said male. Ask me that this year, I'd say its a draw. Its more the personality of the cat, and their temperment.

Female Torties and calicos tend to have more attitude than others, so we often think ALL females are aloof and tempermental. Its a fallacy just like the ones where people think "all males spray". Its a generalization, and you need to know the cat to know how he/she would react to children.

catmandu
07-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I THINK,THAT IT WOULD DEPEND A LOT,ON HOW,THE CHILDREN APPROACH,THE CAT.
A MALE CAT,MAY BE MORE DEFENSIVE,THAN A FEMALE CAT,AND LESS INCLINED,TO TAKE A LOT,OF MAULING.

BUT,I AM AM AMATEUR,AS NONE,OF THE FOUND CATS,REALLY EVER SEE CHILDREN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture462.jpg

rg_girlca
07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
I also don't think it has anything to do with the sex of the cat.
My Rb C-fer, a medium long hair gray boy & Rb Captain, a tabby boy, were very affectionate with my boys when they were younger and my Katie girl was and still is.

I agree with Kim that I think it has to do with the personality and temperament of the cat.

furrykidsmother
07-14-2005, 07:54 AM
I would agree that it has to do with the temperment of the cat and not if it is male or female. Breed too would play a part I would think.

lv4dogs
07-14-2005, 08:19 AM
I used to say males, until I got cats of my own. Meko who is a female is JUST like a dog, loves to be carried, petted, kissed, belly rubs, petted backwards, knows tricks (shake, kiss & ALWAYS comes when called). She LVOES kids.
Tiki who is a male is good with kids but nothing like Meko. You can litterally do anything to Meko & she just sits there, even nail trims, ear cleanings, brushings etc...

I now think its not the sex of the cat it's the individual cat.