PDA

View Full Version : Tell me some things you wish your insurance company or agent did differently

finn's mom
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey, everyone. I am in the final week of training to be an insurance producer (agent) and would like to find out some things that you dislike about your insurance company or the agent that you deal with. Just as a guide for me on what NOT to do. :) Any stories or thoughts are appreciated.

mruffruff
06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Return phone calls.
Offer options that can save the client money.

My last agent "forgot' to call me back a few times. And he acted like I was a complete dummy. Needless to say, he isn't my agent anymore.

Mary

Edwina's Secretary
06-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Don't talk to me like I am subpar intelligent. I understand the basics of insurance and just need my questions answered.

An incident that really bothered me....a few years back we had flooding in our basement (12 inches....) as a result of a storm. It was causing me serious breathing problems in addition to everything else (I'm allergic to mold/mildew.) When I called my agent she said...."call when you get it cleaned up." Believing what I see on tv...:rolleyes: ... I said...can't you help me find someone to clean this up?....like when you give referrals on auto damage repairs? Look in the phone book she said.....

So much for "good hands....."

finn's mom
06-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks, Mary! Any advice I can get is greatly appreciated! And, that's good advice! :)

finn's mom
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Look in the phone book she said.....

So much for "good hands....."

No kidding. That stinks! I'm making mental notes on all of this, thank you for replying!

Toby's my baby
06-01-2005, 02:00 PM
I dont think this will give you ANY advice!

My dad has a rental business and he rents out trailers. Our insurance forbids any renters to have Pit bulls, Rottweilers, and Dobermans. :o They forbid them, because if they were to bit anybody, the insurance wont cover it.

ANY dog can bit ANYONE, I think it is terrible that they single out Dobermans, Rotties, and Pits:rolleyes: :(