PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

shais_mom
01-19-2002, 01:16 AM
I am posting this in General b/c t isn't totally Pet related. I hope noone has a problem with it. "Keegan's Grandma" My friend who owns Keegan's daddy, has been trying to have a baby for a few years. She miscarried, then when she was pregnant with her 2nd last year, she went into labor early and her baby died after 1 day due to a septic infection. She got pregnant for the 3rd time and wasn't due until March, she has been watched extremely closely. She went into labor on Tuesday and had a 3lb?oz baby girl. She is holding her own. The doctor told her and her husband "You will take this baby home" She still needs all the prayers they can take, and since Keegan is a part of the Pet Talk family and she is the reason I have Keegan, I am hoping you all won't mind praying for her and her husband and baby.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Pam
01-19-2002, 07:19 AM
Prayers are on the way! I had a miscarriage before having my first child and can speak from experience that it is a very hard thing to deal with. I cannot even imagine what this poor girl is feeling right now with all of the losses she has had. :(

tatsxxx11
01-19-2002, 07:58 AM
Oh Staci! Of course we will all be praying, with all of our might, that the little baby goes home with Mommy and Daddy. Please let the family know that many are pulling for her! I was 3lbs 2oz when I was born MANY years ago before the many wonderful new advances in premie care. So like the Dr., I have every hope that this baby will go home!!

Karen
01-19-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I am posting this in General b/c t isn't totally Pet related. I hope noone has a problem with it.

It is fine to post prayer requests here for people, She, herself is "pet-related" and that's enough for us.

I think I've emailed you before about this friend and her situation, and I will be keeping her, and her baby daughter, in my prayers.

gini
01-19-2002, 11:18 AM
My sister-in-law lost her first two children and then successfully gave birth to my niece Lindsey. After Lindsey's birth she again had two miscarriages and just last year gave birth (three weeks early) to Sydney.

It was so so difficult and depressing for her. When she would tell me she had lost her baby I would just privately cry for her.

The Dr. wouldn't tell your friend "this one will go home with you" unless he knew what he was talking about.

I sincerely offer my prayers for the continued health of this little one and for the parents.

shais_mom
01-19-2002, 05:14 PM
Thank you all so much. This means alot to me. You are all wonderful people.
Yes, Karen this is my friend that you and I have emailed about.
Love and Hugs to all of you!

sammi
01-19-2002, 05:46 PM
Of course prayers will be sent out for your friend and her family!

zippy-kat
01-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Ohh Staci, she's definetly in my prayers!

Originally posted by Karen

It is fine to post prayer requests here for people...

I'd like to take advantage of Karen's offer!

My aunt's breast cancer has returned. (It's the same aunt I've posted about in cat rescue.) It appeared as a rash where one breast was, and the other now has it as well. Last wk, her doctor basically told her to go home and write her funeral (my words, not his). This lady has AMAZING faith; she is certain God will heal her. Wed., an MRI (? I think that's what it was) revealed that the cancer was contained to the breast area. So the outcome is a little brighter. Her doctors want to do chemo, remove the other breast, more chemo, radiation, and then some pills (not sure what kind or why). Having gone through chemo/radiation once before (with the other breast) she had always told us she "wasn't sure she'd go thru w/ it again." She's now waiting for a sign from God as to what to do.

Please pray for her health & her husband & also the many animals (her's & all the ferals) that she cares & tends to.

lizbud
01-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Shais_Mom,

Of course your friend will get Prayers & Positive
thoughts for the health of her baby and for herself,
from me. Liz.

Zippy-cat,

I'm so sorry to hear that your Aunt's cancer has
returned. The 'pill' you speak off is called Tamoxifen.
I have taken it for the last four years and have not
had the cancer return in that time. There have been
so many advances in Breast Cancer research in the
last ten years it is amazing. Hope you Aunt can see
a good oncologist & recieve the best that modern
medicine has to offer.She will be in my thoughts and
prayers ....

shais_mom
03-08-2002, 12:16 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that Baby Hannah has been home for 2 weeks and is doing just fine!
They are soooooo happy and blessed.
When she is a little bigger, Keegan and I are going to go visit the baby and Keegan's daddy!
Thank you all for your prayers. Its just wonderful of all of you! You helped this baby come home!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-08-2002, 12:50 AM
I just want everyone to know I always remember my pet talk friends in my prayers, and I will certainly write these two down. I am really glad that I have found this site, I feel like I can come here and I am surrounded by some really loving people. I thank God for people like you guys, anyone who is as kind as all of you are to take in animals and give so much love to them are truly a blessing to this sometimes terrible world.

Zippy Cat I hope your aunt gets the sign she is looking for and she just needs to keep faith.

Shais_mom I am so happy Hannah is home and doing good, babies are such a blessing.

Gio
03-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Staci,

I'm pleased that there is a happy ending!

Tonya,

I don't know how I originally missed this post :( . I'm sorry, how is you aunt doing? Her story is similar to my mother's (2 years ago her cancer came back after a 17 year gap) so I know what you are all going through. My mother is stable now, so there is hope.

gini
03-08-2002, 10:10 AM
My little niece that was born three weeks early and was in intensive care for a week - is now just a little over a year old - and there is no stopping her. She is absolutely delightful and is the happiest baby - always laughing, chortling and working real hard on making words come out.

Hannah will be exactly the same and you will all take such joy in her as she grows. God works in strange ways and sometimes the tragic losses are for a good reason. Hannah will prove that she was worth the wait and will be a very special child.

What wonderful news, and thanks for the update. However, we will all continue our prayers, only this time as thank you's!!!

Dixieland Dancer
03-08-2002, 10:36 AM
I also missed this post originally. Sorry!

Staci,
Glad Hannah is home now and doing better! My son was a premie and only weighed in at 2 lbs. He was 10 1/2 weeks early due to me getting Toxemia during pregnancy. It was so scarey just laying in the hospital bed and hoping he would not be born before his lungs were developed.

I was blessed that his lungs were developed and he just needed to grow. Imagine our cat weighed more than he did! :eek: He was in the hospital for 2 1/2 months before he could hold his own body temperature and come out of the incubator.

Today, I have to remind myself quite reguarly that "those are the lungs I prayed so hard for." My son has a set of lungs on him now that can knock the socks of you! He has a beautiful singing voice and I'm hoping her chooses to use those lungs in that capacity. Whatever he does though, I am grateful!

Zippy,
Let us know how your Aunt is doing. Sometimes we miss the signs that God offers us. I hope she is strenghtened by the knowledge that he never lets us suffer more than we can bear and he does walk through the valleys with us.

AdoreMyDogs
03-08-2002, 05:17 PM
Staci, I also didn't read this post until just now. I am trying to play catch up. I remember the horror of your friend who lost her baby shortly after it was born. That was so terrible. I am SOOO glad that they decided to try again, even though they were so sad from the loss, and I SO GREATFUL to hear the outcome of this birth. Hannah is a beautiful name :)

Everyone's "miracle" stories were so touching.

Kfamr
03-08-2002, 09:41 PM
Although im not all that religious, i dont go to church and such... and im not sure about beleiveing in stuff, i still pray sometimes. I dont know who im praying to, but i pray.

also i would like you all to pray for my daddy. My dad's back is really bad. He has a dsease called detiorateing disc desease. On his lower spine he is missing 2 disc (the stuff that is inbetween your bones) hes has had 3 syrgies in the past and needs another one. He may not make it if he has this or there is a big chance he will become disabled and have to be in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. Or it might go fine and he will be alright. He's got a big decision to make and im not sure if we will be able to go on vacaion this year. Last year it was really hard on him but he wanted to do it just for us. He misses all of the stuff he used to be able to do like golfing and working. He loved to work but now he cant. He says theres some days where he wishes he could just get up and do something but when he does he takes 2 pills then he hurts afterwards. Not only is the syrgery harmful to him but it cost soooo much. So please prayers are much appreciated. Thank you all.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Kfamr.....
I don't have near all the answers but, if you ever have any questions I will be glad to talk to you :) . I grew up in church and I love spreading the good word, and I will be glad to remember your dad in my prayers.

Dixieland Dancer
03-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Although im not all that religious, i dont go to church and such... and im not sure about beleiveing in stuff, i still pray sometimes. I dont know who im praying to, but i pray.

Kayann,
You are praying to the living God, the creator of the entire universe, the one who knew you in your mother's womb and knows the number of hairs on your head. He knows your heart and knows your confusion. He hears your prayers and knows you are speaking to him, even though you don't. He is waiting for you to seek him and when you do he promises he will never leave you or forsake you.

I will also pray for your dad. I hope he feels better soon.

lizbud
03-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Candy,

Hi ! Just wanted to say that your previous post
explaining God to KayAnn was the most beautiful and
meaningful description of God and his love for us, that
I've read in a long long time. Thank You. Liz.

Pam
03-10-2002, 03:04 PM
Lizbud I agree totally. Candy that was a beautiful explanation! Amen!

Sudilar
03-10-2002, 06:31 PM
Wow, nicely said!

I missed this post til now. I will be adding you all to my prayer list.

sammi
03-10-2002, 07:19 PM
KayAnn, I just read this post and I am so sorry your dad is Ill and may need surgery on his back. Please have faith and I will keep you and your father in my prayers.

shais_mom
03-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Thank you all for your continued prayers.
I got to see baby Hannah on Fri when her mom brought her in just for a visit. She is very precious and beautiful and TINY! She is 4lbs 10 oz now.
KayAnn, I will keep your dad and your family in my thoughts and prayers as always.
If you have questions don't hesitate to ask a local paster or priest. They will gladly answer questions. Or Sara.
Just know that the God you are praying to knows every hair on your head and loves you very much.
Candy, that is a beautiful statement, and a wonderful explanation.

aly
03-15-2002, 05:31 PM
Its through so many tears that I write this. I am home from work because I just can't handle all the stress. Please pray for my mom. She has cancer and will be going in for surgery on Tuesday. The doctor said she will be fine , but I can't even talk about it.

I just found out I won't be getting Maddie. My heart has been broken for so long about her. I bought her a bed and food bowls yesterday. I will donate them to the shelter. I hope she is safe and happy wherever she is.

I don't know what else to say..

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-15-2002, 05:50 PM
Oh aly, I will remember your mom in my prayers. Please accept this hug from me and Tinky (((((aly)))))

AmberLee
03-15-2002, 06:11 PM
So sorry you are hurting so right now. {{{Aly and Aly's Mom}}} Holding you in our thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

Sudilar
03-15-2002, 06:15 PM
Aly, I am so very sorry. I will be praying for your Mom and you. (((hug)))! Please hang in there and try to be strong for your Mom. You are both in my prayers.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-15-2002, 06:35 PM
I'm so glad Hannah is home and doing well! I'll keep praying she improves rapidly.

Special prayers are on the way for kfmar's Dad and aly's Mom.

I pray daily for all the Pet Talk family and their furry families.

I heard on the news about a year ago that people who are prayed for have a greater recovery rate and recover faster than ones who have no one pray for them. I can't do much to help the world but consider it my privilege to do this at least.

One thing that helps me when someone I love is undergoing surgery is first I say a prayer to God to be with them and the surgeons. Then I ask God to send his angels to protect them. I then imagine angels surrounding the bed protecting them. I hold on to that mental picture until they are on the mend. Several years ago one of my aunts had an 8 by-pass heart surgery. They didn't have much hope. Today she is well. I ask God to send his angels also whenever we have storms, to surround the house and town and protect us. We live in what is called 'Tornado Alley' in Kansas. The name explains itself. I don't need cute little baby angels. I ask for big strong angels when I'm in trouble. I figure that the worst that could happen is they will be there to take me home if God calls my name.

It makes me feel better anyway.
:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-15-2002, 07:34 PM
I figure that the worst that could happen is they will be there to take me home if God calls my name.

Oh how sweetly said!!! I like the way you pray for angels to surround ones in need!!!! :D :)

Dixieland Dancer
03-15-2002, 07:54 PM
Aly, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My dad was also diagnosed with Cancer about two weeks ago. We are believing that the doctor is right and it is not progressive and he will be okay. It is still worrisome though. I will pray for your mom and for you.

I guess with everything else that has been going on, I never stopped to think how Maddie finding another home has effected you. It's kind of like expecting a new puppy and then having it taken away for some unknown reason. You were wonderful for volunteering to let her come to your home. She would of been happy with you. Please let me know if there is any way I can help ease the loss. Rest and take care of yourself. You need your strength to be the guardian angel of so many other dogs at your shelter. You deserve a Medal!

May the heavenly father gather you in his arms and give you a hug to regenerate you!

zippy-kat
03-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Aly, my heart& prayers go out to you. I wish I had your number, I'd give you a call. I could use someone to talk too now as well!

~An update on my Aunt~
Please keep her in your thoughts & prayers, she is doing better but is still very, very ill. I will post more later.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Oh, Aly, I am sooo sorry, to hear about your mom!:( :( I will keep you, your Mother, and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm also very sorry, to hear about Maddie! I hope that everything works out for Maddie, and she goes to a loving, caring home.

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

tatsxxx11
03-15-2002, 08:21 PM
For Aly, KayAnn, AmberLee and to all of my cherished Pet Talk friends who have been ailing, whose family members are ill and in need of our support... I want you to know I am thinking of you all and keeping you in my nightly prayers. I treasure you all, dear friends.

Aly, I know first hand the fear of hearing that dreaded diagnosis. But knowing that the doctors have great hope that your Mom will do well is comforting news. I hope that somehow the combined prayers and postive thoughts of all of us here will help to lift and ease the great weight you are carrying. You know how I worry about you! We have come to know and love you as our guardian angel of the fur world; our hero. Now, I am sure that God is providing you with a heavenly angel all your own to look over you and give you strength. Love Sandra and family.

Karen
03-15-2002, 10:33 PM
Aly, belive the doctors who say she will be all right. I know and love cancer survivors whom doctors said were doomed - and that was years ago! I know you were so ready to love Maddie - but think, too, of the joy she will bring to a whole new family. Love up Reese and Lolly and tell them how much they mean to you. And if your mom's gonna be in the hospital, maybe Lolly can visit as Pet Therapy!

aly
03-15-2002, 10:50 PM
Karen - its funny you said that. On Tuesday when my mom got back from her first surgery (when I had NO idea it could even possibly be cancer), she came home from the hospital to my apartment because she came to a surgeon in Austin instead of where she lives. Anyway, Lolly saw my mom and immediately slunk down low to the ground and followed her to the bed (oh my dad and sister were helping her walk because she was out of it). Lolly knows that she's not supposed to jump in bed with my mom because my mom doesn't really like it (she loves animals I promise, just doesn't like it when they get in bed with her), but she jumped up and layed next to my mom and put her head on my mom's arm. Then in my mom's grogginess, she reached out and pet Lolly. Lolly didn't leave her all day.

I didn't get to see it because I was at work but my sister told me.

sammi
03-15-2002, 11:37 PM
Aly, I will send good thought's and prayers for your mom. Just the word cancer makes us afraid but have faith in what the doctor says.
It has been proven that dogs do sense when someone is Ill - that Lolly is smarter than you thought! Sounds like she is a very caring dog. (she must have picked that up from you)!
Hope you can relax and rest tonight.

Pam
03-16-2002, 06:56 AM
Aly prayers and thoughts are with you and your mom now. She must be a very wonderful woman because look at the fine daughter she has raised! I know a few folks right now who are battling cancer and we have come a long way in treating this horrible disease. Keep praying and looking up. What a precious pup your Lolly is too! Your furkids are all just so special and I know you are grateful for them.

AdoreMyDogs
03-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Aly, and all the other pet talk friends who have ailing family members...you are all in my prayers. I hope everything turns out OK. My mom is my best friend, I get sick to my stomach when I think that one day she may have have something serious happen to her as well. I can't imagine the grief and pain and sadness you all are going through. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love to you all,

Leslie

Sudilar
03-16-2002, 09:37 AM
For all the PetTalkers with ill family and friends, I will be saying special prayers. Miracles can (and do) happen.

RachelJ
03-16-2002, 12:13 PM
I wish we could be with each and every one of you who need a little extra comfort and support right now. These illnesses are very scary but we have to try NOT to think the worst. (I know, I know, I'm not one to talk.) You are good and loving people and a blessing to the relatives who are in need. Yes, prayers will be offered from this house.

Aly, don't pass on that dog bed and dish just yet. Wait awhile. There will always be another pup in need. If you ever move, let me know. I want to have you on my list as a resource person, should anything ever happen to me and my husband at the same time, a real fear of mine (oops, there I go again...imagining the worst).

Logan
03-16-2002, 12:36 PM
Oh my, I haven't visited this post in quite sometime now. For all of you who are hurting and worried, please know that each and everyone of you will be in my prayers, every single dayyour loved ones will be too.

Aly, I do hope that your mother will be ok. She could have no better support than that of you, Lolly, Reece and your sister and dad!! That, I'm sure of!! :) But it is scary, regardless. You just hold on and know that life is good. Because it is!! I know you are heartbroken about Maddie, but you know what?? I think that Maddie perhaps was meant for the family that adopted her. Just think of all the negative stuff I heard from the shelter, and then Phred and Sara get to the "top dog" there, and get a whole different story! Its going to be ok, but you aren't the only one who has been stressed about it, for sure!! I have MUCH sleep to make up over my concern for her. You do so much to help so many, giving them love and care that they have never experienced. And the joy you have added for all of us is never ending, really.

KayAnn, I can't add anything to what the others, Sara, Candy, etc have said about faith. All I can tell you is that my faith is what gets me through every single day. I do so wish that you were closer to me (physically), so that I could spend some time with you and share my wonderful church with you. If you ever want to just "talk" about it, you let me know.

I just think you are all the greatest, ever, and if I can ever do anything for you, I'd love to. All you gotta do is "yell" through the email. I'm right here.

Logan :)

shais_mom
03-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Aly, as I told you the other night on AIM, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending hugs to you as always.
In reference to Angels, I had a patient the other night at work who is in her 60's and when she was 49 she had open heart surgery and after surgery she had a stroke. She was wearing a guardian angel pin on her shirt and she said " I always wear an angel on my shoulder b/c I have seen my angel and she is always with me."
I believe that is totally true.
I had an incident a few months ago that the only way I can explain it is I had an angel on my shoulder (I firmly believe it was Shaianne) and God just wanted me to have a learning experience.
All I will say is Lesson Learned, mistake won't be repeated.

Stenograsaurus
03-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer

Kayann,
You are praying to the living God, the creator of the entire universe, the one who knew you in your mother's womb and knows the number of hairs on your head. He knows your heart and knows your confusion. He hears your prayers and knows you are speaking to him, even though you don't. He is waiting for you to seek him and when you do he promises he will never leave you or forsake you.

Candy, that was just beautiful. It actually brought tears to my eyes. I had strayed from my church for many years and had gotten saved last year and rejoined and I have to say there is nothing more rewarding than having Christ in my heart and knowing that he's always there for me, carries me through the tough times and loves me no matter what.

To all the members of my little pet talk family who need prayers, I'm sending them your way. Keep us posted.

Gio
03-18-2002, 06:41 AM
Aly,

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I know only too well how it feels having gone through it 3 times, once with my father and twice with my mother. But please believe me when I say there is hope. My father was ill over 25 years ago, when doctors didn't know even half the things they know now, but he's 100% clear of it now. My mom had her operation back in 1982. She was fine for 17 years. In 1999 she was diagnosed again but they said it could even be unrelated. After some more treatment she is stable now.

Please try to take care of yourself, we don't want you to become ill as well. And if I can be of any help or advice at all you know where to reach me. :)

Candy I will pray for your dad too.

Tonya, you're aunt is also in my thoughts.

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-18-2002, 07:55 AM
Aly, I am sorry to hear the news. I hope you mom does well. I know how difficult it can be. Hold on and be strong (I know it is easier said than done). Your mom will be in my thoughts. Your dad too, Candy!

aly
03-18-2002, 10:48 AM
THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT MY POST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://64.246.0.213/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8918

I'm so sorry for the scare. But your prayers worked. Thanks so much everyone for your kind words. I'm on cloud nine right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
03-18-2002, 12:03 PM
KayAnn, I know how scary it is when one of your parents is in so much pain and can't do the things that he wants to do. It's very hard on your Dad, sometimes very discouraging for him too, his mind says to do it but his body says he can't. I'm kind of in that situation too.
You just be patient with him, when he has a good day, help him to do some of the things that he can do, on a bad day, just tell him it's o.k. just get some rest . He will appreciate that you understand. Find out what interests him and share it with him, whether it be a book, a t.v program or a movie.
Candy ( I like to call her Dixie and she likes that name) has some very good advice for you. She is right, there is a God looking down on you and your family, just say some prayers to him and I'm sure he will understand and hear your prayers and try to give you some comfort.
I know how hard it is for you not to be able to do things with your Dad, but he is still there for you and loves you no matter what.
Have a good day KayAnn, we all love you.
Jackie

Aly, I'm glad you mother does not have cancer and will be fine.

zippy-kat
03-18-2002, 02:03 PM
Now, for the up-date on my aunt:

The cancer had returned and she's not doing well at all. She has her good days and bad, but for the most part, her good days aren't that good. (I know I said she was doing 'better' in my last post but--that was a "good" day...)

When she was struggling with the decision to accept or refuse chemo/radiation the doctors told her she wouldn't be in anymore pain than the last time. She accepted. The Dr's were wrong. :( She was in much more pain than the last time. She went ahead and accepted treatment b/c she felt that's what God was telling her to do. Now she's gotten worse & isn't too sure she made the right decision. IN NO WAY IS SHE GIVING UP ON LIFE rather, she thinks this is her 'wake-up' call to let God handle it *His* way. Therefore, she's not too sure she's going to go for her last round of chemo/radiation. She's certain God will heal her. (I'm afraid I wouldn't have that strong of faith if I were in her shoes :( ) On a more humorous note, she told us she "sat right down with God and had a serious talk. She flat out told him she wasn't gonna die--she wasn't ready to die--too many animals depend on her and she has things she wants to do b4 she goes to Heaven."

In addition to all this, they just discovered that she's allergic to the yellow dye in her antibiotics...I'm sure she's feeling a bit better after that discovery. But on the downside, the doctor recently told her that it wasn't looking all that well. This is a very aggressive type of cancer; much more aggressive than before. A couple of weeks ago, she was placed in the hospital because her white(?) blood count was 1.

Mom was with me this wkend and didn't get a chance to talk to her.

When you guys asked for an update, I held off b/c I know how Aly worries. ;) Even though her Mom's was curable, I didn't want to worry Aly anymore than necessary.

Will update you whenever I get more info...
~Zippie

jackiesdaisy1935
03-18-2002, 04:06 PM
Zippy-cat I am sorry to hear about your Aunt, it's very hard to make a decision in something like that. I'm sure she will decide what is best for her, and she has a wonderful outlook on life and a strong will to live. That means a lot.
I wish her well
Jackie

lizbud
03-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Zippy-cat,

I am so very sorry to hear that your Aunt is
suffering so much. Surely she isn't undergoing both
chemo and radiation treatments at the same time,
or is she ? If you don't want to talk about this, I will
understand completely. Just want you to know that
she is in my prayers for a full recovery.

Prayers also continue for Dixie's Dad and KayAnn's
Dad. Prayers by a group of loving supporters can be
a powerful force for good !!! Liz.

Sudilar
03-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Zippy, I am praying for a miracle for your aunt, too.

zippy-kat
03-18-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Surely she isn't undergoing both
chemo and radiation treatments at the same time,
or is she ?

Honestly, I don't know--I get the 2 confused...I *think* she was suppose to have 3 rounds of chemo (over a 6 or 9wk period) and then at least one radiation pill. I don't remember how that works exactly. I'll ask Mom next time I talk to her...

Everyone, thank you for your well wishes and prayers. {hugs}

RachelJ
03-19-2002, 08:57 AM
Please know that I am thinking about and praying for your aunt as well.

zippy-kat
03-22-2002, 08:24 AM
Mom spoke to Aunt Nancy last night.

I forgot to mention the fact that she had a tumor in her other breast and an operation was called for ASAP. That operation will be March 27 & they'll have to do a skin graft after the removal. Mom said Nancy sounded good, she was in pain from the tumor but otherwise feeling ok.

Thank you guys for all your prayers and concern!

Former User
03-22-2002, 08:32 AM
Our thoughts are with your Aunt Nancy, with your mom and with you too Tonya! Stay strong everyone!!!

(((((((((to all 3 of you)))))))))))

gini
03-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Gosh, how did I miss this? Tonya, I will say a special prayer today for your Aunt Nancy and your whole family.

I loved that your Aunt sat right down and had a good talk with God. That's the way to do it! It sounds as though you have one wonderful Aunt and she is clear on her purpose here on earth. I am sorry she is going through so much pain.

Big hugs to you and your family!

Stenograsaurus
03-24-2002, 08:30 PM
It's my turn for the special prayers. My cousin's little girl is 19 months old. She was on their bed Wednesday night and fell off the bed. She is also a dwarf. Her head is big and her arms are short. With the law of gravity, she landed on her head. Since her arms are short, she could not cover her head and protect herself. Her head and neck took all the force. She had immediately stopped breathing. They had to recisitate (sp?) her. She is on a ventilator and still in a coma. They had to remove her first vertebrae and part of the second one in her neck. IF she survives, she will most likely be paralyzed from the neck down and be on a ventilator the rest of her life. They are trying to bring her out of the coma now to see if there is any brain damage. I guess what we need is a miracle. Please keep her in your prayers. We need all the prayers we can get now.
Thank you,
Beth

Forgot to mention that Sydney also has pneumonia in her poor little lungs. I hope it's not a sign that her organs are shutting down. :(

sammi
03-24-2002, 09:25 PM
Beth, I have said a prayer for your cousins baby and for the parents. That is very sad. Life at times seems so unfair. It is good of you to ask for prayers from all your pet talk friends - those prayers have worked.

AmberLee
03-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Will hold your cousin's daughter and family in our thoughts and prayers! How tragic ... babies fall so easily.

LoudLou
03-24-2002, 10:09 PM
Loud Louie and his family send heartfelt prayers for ALL they families in this thread who are hurting or undergoing such trying times in their lives.

Logan
03-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Oh, Beth, that was a tough one to read. :( Bless the little baby's heart. I do hope that she will be ok.

And Tonya, our prayers remain with your aunt.

Logan

shais_mom
03-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Sending prayers and thoughts your way.

Gio
03-25-2002, 06:27 AM
Oh God that's awful! I'll pray for that poor little baby and her family.

Tonya your aunt is always in my thoughts too!

sammi
03-25-2002, 01:25 PM
Jackiesdaisy, I hope you are feeling better and having less pain today. We are thinking about you and praying you get some relief soon.

Sudilar
03-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Will be praying for a miracle. They do happen.

tatsxxx11
03-25-2002, 06:13 PM
My heart is aching for all of my dear friends and their families, Beth, Tonya, Jackie and all who have loved ones who are ill and are in need of our strength and prayers and support. My father is currently battling leukemia. The support of my friends has been invaluable as I and my family face this hurdle. Love to you all. I will keep you all in my prayers. Love, Sandra

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2002, 07:07 PM
All of you are in my prayers. Sandra, I'm so sorry about your father. I've added him to my prayer list too. All my Pet Talk family are prayed for daily.

auggie
03-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar
Will be praying for a miracle. They do happen.
Yes, they do.
I watched a miracle happened excactly a year ago, when my friend and coworker was in a coma. The doctors and nurses did not give us any hope. Talking about permanent brain damage and paralyzed vegetable state. We kept talking to her and touching her. She finally opened her eyes, when her sister was talking to her about her dog. She temporary lost her short-term memory, but is doing fantastic now.
I will keep all your loved ones in my prayers.
Sandra, dear, I'm so sorry about your dad. Does he need a bonemarrow transplant?

Gio
03-26-2002, 03:09 AM
Sandra,

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. He will be in my thoughts too. The same goes for the rest of your family.

Gio

Stenograsaurus
03-26-2002, 09:20 AM
Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep him and your whole family in my prayers, along with everyone else from here.

Auggie, your post provides hope for me, along with the e-mail I received from Aunt Ard today. (They live in Niagara Falls, New York, and we live in Altoona, Pa.) I'll post the e-mail on Sydney's prognosis. The prayers are working and it looks better than the doctors originally said. Please keep the prayers coming and thank you.
Beth

Hi, Everyone. Just giving you an update on Sydney. She is having some movement on her left side. She has moved her leg and also her arm. She was feeling her blanket last night. So far no movement on her right side. They gave her 1oz of pedisure last night through her feeding tube. She held it down. Today they are going to try to start weaning her from the ventilator. Hope it goes well. She had developed pneumonia but that seems to be clearing up. Thanks for the prayers and please keep praying for our baby girl and also for her parents. They are devestated. I will keep you informed when anything else changes. We are praying for the movement on her right side to begin. THANK YOU SO MUCH =======ARD AND WALT

momoffuzzyfaces
03-26-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Stenograsaurus
please keep praying for our baby girl and also for her parents.

Extra prayers are on the way and will continue for all of you. I'm so glad there has been an improvement.

sammi
03-26-2002, 02:20 PM
I will continue thinking of you and your family and praying for your cousins little girl.

Sudilar
03-26-2002, 02:47 PM
Sandra, so sorry to hear about your father. I am praying for a miracle for him, too. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Beth, that is some good news about the baby. I will pray my hardest for more miracles.

Gio
03-27-2002, 02:19 AM
Beth, I'm pleased that the news about yout cousin's baby are a bit more encouraging. Positive thoughts are still coming her way.

tatsxxx11
03-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Thank you to everyone for their kind words. My Dad is doing pretty good. He has just completed about 9 months of chemo. That was tough, mostly for me as he is a real trooper!! This is not the type of leukemia that responds well to bone transplant. Still, we look to the future with hope and positive thoughts. It is for all of you, and your families, that I now pray for. Tonya, your aunt, Beth, your cousin's baby, I think of you both and your families every day. Especially during this season of Easter and Passover, all of those ailing within our Pet Talk family are close to my heart. Sandra.

lizbud
03-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Sandra,

Thanks for the update on your Dad. I will double my
prayers for a good outcome for him.

Beth & Tonya, I pray & send good positive thoughts
for all your loved ones too.

All God's Blessings be on us all in these difficult times.

zippy-kat
03-27-2002, 10:13 PM
Sandra & Beth, my heart & prayers go out to you and your friends/family.

My Aunt had surgery this morning--don't know anything about the outcome as of yet (we were out of town all day). I guess Mom will try and call the hospital (in Baltimore) tomorrow.

~A big THANK YOU and {HUG} to all of you~

Stenograsaurus
04-07-2002, 09:24 PM
Just came back from Niagara Falls. I took my mom up yesterday. I'm going back up Thursday and staying until Sunday then coming back home. Have some good news on Sydney. She has moved ALL extremities so far. There's four miracles. She looks at you, but then her eyes roll back into her head so she's trying so hard to focus. She's still on the ventilator. The doctors did indicate that there was some brain damage but they were unable to tell the severity of it. It could range anywhere from moderate to severe. Only time will tell that one. Her eyes are getting clearer. They stopped giving her the medications that keep her sedated. Things are looking better than originally anticipated but she still has a long road ahead of her.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PRAYING FOR SYDNEY!!!!!

I'm keeping everyone in my prayers also!!!!

Logan
04-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Beth, Helen and I will continue to pray for Sydney....bless her heart, she's moving! That is wonderful. I hope you will have a good visit with them. Let her family know how many people are praying for her to recover. :)

Stenograsaurus
04-08-2002, 07:56 PM
She's off the ventilator!!!!! They removed it yesterday and she has not needed it yet!!!! They also removed her feeding tube but her throat is so raw from having the tubes down it for so long that it's hard for her to swallow so they put the tube back in. Billy and Lynn (dad and mom) bought all the nurses and doctors on the ICU unit pizza and wings to celebrate the removal of the ventilator.

Bill and Lynn have a 4 mo. old female Great Dane puppy. As stated before, they have not left the hospital since this happened. They need to find a home for the puppy because Sydney is going to require all their time and attention.

Logan
04-08-2002, 09:07 PM
Yeah!!! I am so happy for Sydney and her family, you included!!! The part about the puppy is a bit sad :( . But this is one of those understandable situations where the puppy will be better off with a family who can give it the attention it needs. I do hope they will find the perfect home for the puppy. :)

sammi
04-08-2002, 09:14 PM
That is wonderful news that she is off the ventilator and breathing on her own!

Sudilar
04-08-2002, 09:53 PM
I pray that Sydney continues to get better. She and her entire family are in my prayers. I'm praying for continued miracles!

Sue, Killian and Shiloh

Gio
04-09-2002, 03:45 AM
Great news about Sydney.:)

lynnestankard
04-09-2002, 06:52 AM
Wonderful news re: Sydney, Steno., hope this improvement continues - still keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.
{{{{{Sydney}}}}}
xxxxxx

Lynne

tatsxxx11
04-09-2002, 03:35 PM
What wondeful, wonderful news!!! Breathing on her own! Now that is cause for celebration! Every day, one at a time, we will continue to pray for more miracles! Sydney and family are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love, Sandra and Furfamily.

gini
04-09-2002, 04:00 PM
This is probably the best news that I have had in several days. What an accomplishment, to have her off of the ventilator! Sydney is also the name of my young niece, so every time I see this thread it makes me say a prayer of thanks - miracles can and do happen!

zippy-kat
04-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Aunt Nancy's cancer has spread. Please continue to pray for her.

Thank you,
Tonya

Gio
04-22-2002, 02:53 AM
Tonya,

I'm sorry about the news:( : I will most definitely continue praying for your aunt Nancy.

LoudLou
04-22-2002, 03:15 AM
Tonya, SO saddened by the news.:( :( Our family will continue prayers.

lynnestankard
04-22-2002, 03:49 AM
So sorry Tonya - thoughts and prayers with your dear Aunt xxx

Lynne

Sudilar
04-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Continued prayers for all those needing them.

Sue

Logan
04-23-2002, 05:27 AM
Tonya, I am so sorry to hear the news about your aunt :( We will continue to keep her in our prayers.

tatsxxx11
04-23-2002, 06:59 AM
I am so very sorry to hear that Tonya.:( She will continue to be in my prayers daily. {{{Hugs to you Tonya}}} Love, Sandra

anna_66
04-23-2002, 07:25 AM
We will be praying for you.
{{{lots of love, Anna, Angus & Roxey}}}

zippy-kat
04-23-2002, 08:23 AM
Thank you guys for your continued support.

Love to you all,
Tonya

AmberLee
04-23-2002, 08:47 PM
A coworker, Bob, is leaving work today to focus on his health. He has liver cancer and the prognosis is not good. If you would hold Bob and his family in your prayers, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Sudilar
04-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Bob and his family are in my prayers.

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-23-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm still remembering all of my pet talk friends in my prayers......
**HUGS TO EVERYONE**

momoffuzzyfaces
04-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Tonya, Sandra, and all my Pet Talk friends; you and your families; human and animal, are all in my prayers daily.

tatsxxx11
04-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Thank you so much Connie. You are such a kind, caring Pet Talk pal, and your friendship means so much to me!:) Sara, you always have a kind, loving word for everyone! Pauline, I am so very sorry for Bob. Please God, a miracle for Bob.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-24-2002, 09:27 PM
It has been a long time since I have been in this post, and I would like to continue prayers for Tonya's Aunt, Sandra's Dad,
Sidney, KayAnn's Dad and everyone on here who is in need of prayers and support. Strength comes from friends and loved ones who continue to pray and think positive thoughts for those in need. My love and prayers go out to all of you.
Jackie