PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Windows Update virus...

moosmom
04-09-2005, 12:41 PM
BEWARE!!! Hackers have now figured out another way to infect your computer with a virus. Read on:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1093&e=2&u=/pcworld/120379

Randi
04-09-2005, 12:56 PM
"It's hard being an average Internet user. You just can't trust anyone."
Isn't that so true!! I never even open e-mails I don't recognize. I'm glad I have a MAC here. :)

Karen
04-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Hee hee - Randi, were you a dedicated Mac person all along, or did Jonza, being a graphics guy, convert you? We love our Macs! :)

Randi
04-09-2005, 01:31 PM
LOL! Karen, I've always liked Mac's, but since I've been working mostly on PC's - as they use them everywhere out there in the offices, I've had to adjust. But, I was using Mac's long before Microsoft copied Apple's interface. ;)

I'm not sure I remember this right, but I think the first Mac John had was an LC back in 86.

However, being as conservative as I am, I preferred OS9 to this OSX I have now. Wish I had got more into it before he died. :( Still, I prefer to be on this to my PC!

Laura's Babies
04-09-2005, 07:26 PM
I never have understood what they get out of infecting peoples computers.. What is the pay off in it for them?

CountryWolf07
04-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I never have understood what they get out of infecting peoples computers.. What is the pay off in it for them?

Ditto.

Those are the people who don't have a LIFE.

Albea
04-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Karen and Randi,
I join your "Mac Fans" Club. My first computer, many, many years ago, was a humble Apple IIC Plus. My current one, seven years old, is a G3 with OS 9.2.
For as long as I can keep on doing all the graphic design I need to do, this very trusted machine will stay with me.
I wouldn't touch a PC. Microsoft is so petty that because I don't use their platform, or MSN, they won't let me post photos, or even do a direct link, in another board.

todd
04-10-2005, 09:40 PM
I had some Trojan horse that Norton blocked it may of been from that :mad: :mad: