View Full Version : Christmas cards are arriving

gini
12-18-2001, 12:08 AM
Do you get any of those looonnnnggg letters from people telling what happened all year.
You know, Uncle Tim had the gout, Sarah had a hang nail all summer, Fred bit his upper lip and it bled all over everything. About half way through you start to yawn.

Well, NOT THIS YEAR! Cards are arriving from pet talkers and it is so much fun to get them. And we have good taste (ha) someone sent out the exact same card that I selected. This was such a good idea.

Pam
12-18-2001, 05:38 AM
Yes, last night "Everybody Loves Raymond" was about just that very thing. It was a riot!!!! I agree with you, Gini. I have never looked more forward to receiving cards that I have this year. My Pet Talk cards are my favorite and even my family, who are not addicts of this site, agree that this is one special group of people here!

zippy-kat
12-18-2001, 07:53 AM
I *think* most of mine have been sent! lol

Sent a bunch a wk or so ago and then a few more yesterday. (ran outta stamps! lol)

I've enjoyed the ones I've received! TOOOO cute you guys!

Logan
12-18-2001, 08:51 AM
It has been fun!! I have the biggest stack and am going to sit down and go through them all again, as soon as I mail mine! :o Actually, mine are leaving here today, not with the perfect picture that I wanted, but....next year I'll be more on the ball and do it sooner! (remind me of that will you...about next October :rolleyes: )

karen israel
12-18-2001, 12:08 PM
I actually was early this year! What's with that? Most were mailed last week and a few this week, so hopefully you all get them by Christmas! Thank you all for your lovely cards! I look forward to getting them! Ps. Aly will probably get all 31 cards late..maybe by June 2002!!!! She has no idea where she lives!! LOL! :D :D :D :D

lizbud
12-18-2001, 08:14 PM
Oh you guys, I'm so glad someone has
brought up this subject !!! I thought about
it myself,but didn't.
It is so Great to be getting Beautiful cards
and Pictures from everybody...
It makes this Christmas really Special !!!
This was an excellent idea...

Aly, I sent another one last Monday.

[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

jackiesdaisy1935
12-18-2001, 09:18 PM
Thank you all so much for the wonderful, beautiful cards, it really has been so much fun. I think the card I treasure the most is the card from KayAnn with Simba's picture and paw print on it. Thank you so much KayAnn. I love all the rest too, it appears that everyone took time to send just the right card and they are much appreciated.
Jackie

4 feline house
12-18-2001, 09:42 PM
Oh, I wish I could have participated, but was afraid my finances wouldn't have been able to handle it this year so only sent to my very closest friends (and hand-delivered a great portion of those to save postage). I hope we do it again next year and I am able to participate then.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-18-2001, 11:28 PM
Oh, I wish I could've participated, too! :( It sounds like a lot of fun! :) Happy Holidays, everyone! :)

aly
12-19-2001, 01:54 AM
:o :D SHHHH Karen!!! Just because I get lost half the time I'm trying to get home and give the wrong address to 31 people, that doesn't mean I don't know where I live!!!

Sorry guys. I pray I will not miss out on any cards because of my stupid mistake. Liz, I think I'll get 2 cards from you because the one you sent first made it here! Double the special fun, YAY!

I have thoroughly enjoyed every card and picture I've received. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I sent my cards out today so be on the lookout in a few days. On most of your cards, I explained the story behind the card, but not on all. So if I didn't explain, just look on the back of the card and you'll see where it came from. I want it to be a surprise so thats why I'm not explaining it on here :)

Logan
12-19-2001, 08:56 AM
Aly, now I'm worried! I sure hope I sent yours to the right address. I mailed it yesterday, and used the address on the "FINAL LIST" that Tonya sent. Was that the right one??? And K9Karen, I haven't seen one from you yet! I hope it comes if there is a new picture of you and Cody in it!

Mine are on their way, mailed yesterday (Tuesday) but those of you in Canada and other countries might see them arrive a little "after" Christmas :o . Sorry!!

lizbud
12-19-2001, 09:36 AM
Logan,
The only difference was 8801 not 8001 as
the address.If mine got thru, your's
probably will to. I have an older home with
a lot of the original "old fashoned" wood
framed entry ways.( between living & dining
rooms.) The cards all all displayed as
decorations between the two rooms.It sure
brightens up the rooms & my day to see them
all.....

NoahsMommy
12-19-2001, 11:58 PM
I LOVE getting all the cards from you all! We hung them all on our wall and my hubby and friends think it is the neatest thing we did this!!

Thank you all for the cards! You really made our Christmas!!

I have 3 more to send...need more stamps! :)

Karen
12-22-2001, 05:39 PM
So fun to be getting your cards - and the little snapshots, too! :)

Did anyone get ours yet? I sent them out Wednesday morning ...

Logan
12-22-2001, 05:53 PM
Yours came today, Karen!! I loved it!! :D

gini
12-22-2001, 07:23 PM
I received yours today as well. Did you both design that card? If you did, I am flat out jealous. I had to buy mine at a store.

Merry Christmas

Karen
12-22-2001, 08:09 PM
I designed and drew it, Paul supervised and helped with the words, and Miss Hoppy helped by chewing on a couple of the envelopes! :)

aly
12-22-2001, 08:31 PM
Has anyone gotten mine yet??? :D

I've been receiving them all, just a few days late :) :)

Karen
12-22-2001, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by aly:
<STRONG>Has anyone gotten mine yet???</STRONG>

We haven't gotten yours yet, but I bet it'll be here Monday ... After all, it has a long way to go from there to Massachusetts!

Pam
12-22-2001, 09:30 PM
Karen I loved your card! Hubby was impressed too with the creativity! You guys are good! Hope you got mine. Mail seems to be running a little slow.

SimbaTWonderDog
12-23-2001, 02:19 AM
I got Karens a couple days ago... my and my mother thought it was professional! U got Jessica's today! It was so creative i LOVED it!!! I get so excited while opening all of the cards... but ive go to say when i opened Angel's i cried :( I miss talking to her on AIM, love ya Angel.

jackiesdaisy1935
12-23-2001, 05:11 PM
Karen, we received your card and it is so neat, you are very artistic. We loved it, in fact we have got many, many cards and they are wonderful, some with pictures, it seems that everyone seemed to pick just the right card, you could almost say, Oh I know who this comes from. We thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for all the wonderful wishes.
Jackie

sammi
12-27-2001, 02:52 PM
I have really enjoyed getting all these cards!! Each one is special. Thanks Everybody!

NoahsMommy
12-27-2001, 05:26 PM
Me too! I loved all the pictures...especially the ones from Chuck! I have all of the cards and pictures on our wall! It looks great!

Thank you!!

Karen
12-27-2001, 05:46 PM
Aly - we finally got your card today! Yay! Musta been someone between Texas and Massachusetts who was napping, and held it up. I think all the little pictures folks enclose are just as fun as the card. :)

Pam
12-27-2001, 06:59 PM
Aly I just got yours today too and it was postmarked the 18th or 19th (can't remember right now). Wonder where it has been all this time? Anyway, I was so happy to get it because I knew you had sent them out and I was sure it was lost somewhere. Your babies are precious as always!!! I think my hubby is enjoying seeing all of the furkids almost as much as I am! :)

aly
12-27-2001, 08:46 PM
Yay :) Glad you all are getting my cards. It took me awhile to figure out what to send, but finally got it all together!

I've absolutely loved all the cards I've gotten so far. Thanks everyone!

Former User
12-28-2001, 03:04 AM
Thank you everyone for your xmas ecards :)